Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

Anyone who is defending sanchez needs to really step back and listen to themselves. I mean seriously listen to yourselves. Blaming the lack of receivers for him throwing into triple coverage? Really?

Mark Sanchez, is simply not a good pro quarterback. period. It doesn't matter if he can "make all the throws" or not if he doesnt actually make those throws. It doesn't matter how much talent he has if he is constantly throwing the ball to the other teams players.

Tons of guys have come and gone who could make all the throws. thats only half the equation. He makes the same mistakes over and over and over. It would be on thing if he sucked but at least learned from his mistakes. but he is constatnly turning it over in absulutely crucial back breaking situations. He is constantly missing on the screen pass. he constantly fails to identify the corner blitz. He refuses to throw the ball away when nothing is there.

And please spare me with this "he is just having a bad year" crap. He led the NFL in turnovers last season. he had a worse season in 2009 then he is having now when he threw 20 picks despite throwing just 360 passes that season. He has never been good. He has always been a bottom 5 QB in this league.

He has lived to long on good play in 6 playoff games. Which is great, but when you are terrible every year in the regular season, it catches up to you and you dont get a chance to rise to the occasion in the playoffs because you prevented your team from getting there. I mean honestly, the only reason we have missed the playoffs in 3 of 4 years is because the colts decided to rest their starters the last game in '09

2. Mr. Green Pants

I honestly can't even recall the last time I was as enraged by a game and/or player as I was last night. That final two minutes, it was an exercise in torture. Sanchez couldn't have been worse if he tried. It was like he was TRYING to lose.

3. New York Tim Tebows

New York Tim Tebows New Member

It's to help him catch bad snaps without affecting his throw

4. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Prominent member of organization on Sanchez: "Home or away... I don't care where game is being played. There's no way he starts" vs Chargers

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

don't confuse still backing him w/ saying he doesn't deserve blame. He deserves a ton of balme but that doesn't mean he's done for his career.

6. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

The longer the Jets keep Sanchez around the longer it will take them to rebuild.. The days of those playoff wins are long, long gone. He's damaged goods and may never recover. Sometimes it happens. Sometimes QBs are put in horrible situations and can't handle it. Maybe he'll do better on another team (but I doubt it. A backup at best) but I can't see him doing anything in NY.

7. Mr. Green Pants

I've been a Sanchez supporter, and I still think he can resurrect his career, but the best situation for him in the immediate future is holding a clipboard and watching from the sidelines while a QB who knows what he's doing does his thing on the field.

8. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

all things considered that would not be a bad approach (the concussion thing).

9. jerseyjay14

24 turnovers in 13.5 games. That is absolutely horrific. especially when you take into account how many times he threw a pass right at a defender who dropped it.

10. jerseyjay14

He cant be done because he never was good to begin with. He has been the worst quarterback in football over the past 4 seasons. He has been a bottom 5 QB every season of his career.

A change of scenery might help a bit, but he is still going to be awful anywhere else, because, he isnt good at the position. He cant read the defense, he has no accuracy, he makes terrible decisions, and he shrinks when pressured.

11. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Dang, is this thread beat the TGG forum count record.

12. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Well I'm done too. I have to admit, I was trying to be supportive, patient and understanding that maybe Sanchez would regain some of the form of the AFC title game years...but alas..he has gotten worse...way worse!!!

Way worse in fact.. that I cannot think of single aspect of his QB'ing that is not woefully bad right now. And it's hard to even pin it on a physical ailment because his arm strength and mobility are there. It's ALL in his head. His confidence is completely gone. He plays in a constant state of panic and anxiety which is reflected in his horrific decision making.

Sanchez is literally doing EVERYTHING wrong a this point. He is forgetting plays, fumbling, running into his own players (all in same butt fumble play), not moving out of pocket at all when under pressure. Not scrambling or effectively buying time, holding onto ball too long, patting ball before every throw which results in taking too long to throw. Missing RB's on dumpoffs and screens, throwing into triple coverage, throwing into tight coverage...not throwing ball away when there are no open receivers. Etc etc and so on....it has all been so bad its almost unthinkable. And it is 100% in his head. And then he steps up on the podium post game and shows zero fire or anger or emotion that suggests he cares nearly as much as us.
    The guy also has the audacity to mention "bad luck" a couple times in reference to his awful play..insulting our fan bases intelligence even more. And the eagerness to shake the opposing coaches hand after he basically handed the guy a win shows you the kid is almost mentally retarded as an NFL QB. He needs to be run out of here on a rail!!!

13. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

no he can't. having talent and being able to make all the throws doesn't mean only being able to make them every once and a while. even the worst NFL QB's can make the throws inconsistently -- consistency is the difference between a good and bad QB.

Sanchez has never made throws or played well consistently.

14. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Does anyone think Sanchez is on some kind of anti depressant medications or meds that may be affecting his play and demeanor? Guy just seems too relaxed, too emotionally flat lined on and off the field to be like this for real. As I posted the last rant I thought about Mark's regression and all the pressers afterwards. There is something seriously wrong in his head and we may find out in the off season that there is more to it. Yeah, he has sucked before...but to do it this consistently is alarming for a young guy.

Maybe he is on massive doses of Paxil or some other soul sucking drug. I would not be surprised.

15. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I say ship Sanchez to Arizona. I think he could salvage his career there.

16. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

I have supported Mark, not blindly but I have been real and have seen the problems that go past our QB, and have done it till the end.. But guess what.. It's the end. Last night was the final straw for this season. What an abomination for a 4th year QB.

17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

please explain why they would want him? just because their QB's suck doesn't mean they would think Sanchez is any good and worth taking his salary.

18. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Well once we cut him, I think he should there.

19. MontrealAlouettes

First of all, I don't think it's fair to blame everything on Sanchez. This team has plenty of other problems, the biggest one being a GM who filled this team with high paid mediocre talent, especially on offense.

But Sanchez is done. He was never good to begin with and at this point he's a lost cause. Whatever confidence he was building has been destroyed, and he doesn't have either the intelligence or the strength to bounce back. His only hope is to get into a good position as a backup elsewhere and luck into the right situation if he ever wants to start in the NFL again.

20. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

According to ESPN

Sanchez cap hit for 2013 is 17M Per Greeny & Carter :sad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.