Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wexy

wexy Member

It has to happen...its become sickening to watch..

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Why don't you guys just keep Moore then? You still don't know how Tannehill is going to turn out.

I think any team that is not actively developing or playing their developed franchise QB is losing the long-term battle at this point. Playing guys like Moore in that reality is just losing time.

I see a guy like Hasselbeck as no waste of time at all because you're playing him towards the single end of getting your franchise QB on the field. Nothing Hasselbeck does is going to keep that guy off the field, not even winning a Super Bowl (which Hasselbeck is 10x more likely to do than Moore) would stall the progress towards the next Super Bowl much.

A guy like Moore is just a waste of time unless he has Kurt Warner ability lurking in there somewhere in the depths. He's going to take a year of reps and then maybe keep your young guy on the bench for an additional year if Moore happens to have his career year during that season.

There's just no reason to get cute about finding the next QB. Go get your guy. Get somebody who can handle the load next year and who is then going to step aside afterwards without too much of a fight.

3. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

I agree with this, but think they wait to draft a QB in 14 rather than this year. I think they load the offense in this draft (linemen and RB), build on what good we do have. Let the Vet steer the offense for a year, then bring a higher draft qb to sit behind him for a year.
    Despite what we see each Sunday, I don't think our receivers are as bad as they are made to look.

4. Br4d

I do. I think this is the worst bunch of receivers on the Jets since 1995. Kerley is playing the Chrebet role and everybody else blows chunks.

5. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

This thread is still relevant? I predict a lot of copy/pasting after next weeks embarrassing loss to the bolts

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

6. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

From the butt fumble to the ankle fumble.

Braylon was actually able to get open, and he came in cold off the street with no knowledge of the playbook. Shows you how bad the WR flotsam on the roster is.

7. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

This thread is the new "STOP with the brainless Schottenheimer bashing!" thread. It will go on until Sanchez is gone or at least permanently relegated from the starting QB position. Even then it may live on for a time to discuss how much this guy sucked when he was here.

8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

If Rex starts Sanchez this Sunday...

You know it could happen. Rex has been delusional about Muck for a long time. Is it really going to stop now?

Maybe I should just hide under the covers and have my wife come get me when Muck is finally gone.

It's like watching a huge multi-car pileup that is still going on.

9. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

More often than not I agree with you, and have always had a healthy respect for the Jets since Ryan came to town. But I can't for the life of me figure out what you still see in Sanchez that would make you want to keep him around. The back-to-back AFCCGs were a lifetime ago by NFL standards. That can't be the only reason, can it?

At this point there is enough of a body of work to say pretty definitively that Sanchez cannot handle the cerebral aspects of the pro game. Plain and simple. 20 years ago you could get past that and rely on physical talent. But the way the game is played today, a QB's football IQ is as important as his arm.

Sanchez will eventually be cut and will resurface somewhere as a backup. He'll probably have a decent career doing that.

10. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

The looks Rex was giving Sanchez at the end of the game says otherwise. I didn't see them first hand, but it looked as though he literally wanted to murder him.

11. SuperBowl50

SuperBowl50 Member

You must have watched a completely different game from the rest of us last night. Here's why he sucks:

1. He thinks he's better than he is. He's a gambler who keeps hitting on 17. The poker player that calls huge bets on a 2-outer. If he just throws those 4 balls away instead of trying to make something happen, we score at least 7 more points.

2. He's just not accurate. You saw the TD throw that got overturned. The placement of that ball was too low and away. You saw it on the missed checkdowns. You saw in on the deep interceptions. For every 2 throws where he's accurate, there's at least 1 where he's horribly, tragically inaccurate leading to an interception, a dropped interception or if we're lucky, a harmless pass into the ground.

3. He doesn't see much of the field. There are 4 receivers that go out on a pattern, usually. He only sees 1, maybe 2 on a good day. Defenses know this, so they man-cover and roll the safeties toward where he's looking. Not hard to play defense against a guy that has such poor vision.

4. He has no idea how to read blitzes. There's a reason he keeps getting sacked by guys that come in clean. It's the QB's job to set up his own protection. He's very sloppy and gets pressured because he doesn't see who's coming.

These are things that QB's usually have by the end of their second season. You can run fast and throw far, but they're useless unless you have the skills listed above in the NFL. The book on him is out and he's been utterly and completely exposed. Man cover on the outside, have safeties track his eyes and blitz because he's not paying attention.

12. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

While your complaints are valid...saying a qb has turned to shit because of a HC or a system..that his career is ruined, my reply would be this:

Name one qb who had greatness written all over him but the system he was in turned him into a shitty qb. Never. Any qb that has had a terrible system or HC has been able to survive until a change is made and played through it.

This thread has so many great posts in it that are dead on...he pump fakes to his intended receiver...he looks his intended receiver the entire time...now we understand why Rhodes had a career game....the safety seemed like he was calling for a fair catch.

Sanchez has one problem and one problem only...but its a huge one..he cant see the entire field. That like saying a person has the ability to be a great accountant..but he has trouble with addition and subtraction.

Does that ever come? Does that happen in year 7? I cant remember a QB that has such a limited view of the field. His most comfortable pass is the one where he throws the 5 yard pass to a RB or a TE.

When the Jets line up with 3 or 4 WR's, its a waste of time. He cant pick up the WR with single coverage..or the RB OR TE who has linebacker coverage.

He has no ability to pick the weakest link on the defense. Never once have you ever seen him do what every QB that I have ever watched do..pick on the weakest CB. Never.

And thats the reason you will never see him QB for the NYJ again. Because this week is a home game..and should be the most hostile home game in recent memory...McElroy will be the qb this week and thats a guarantee.

13. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Looking @ the replay, Sanchez should've had that snap. No way Powell could've expected the ball on the floor that quickly.

14. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

^ No that is not Sanchez fault, its too much to ask oh him to handle 1 low snap from a pro bowl center. That ball should have been snapped directly to his stomach. Its also Powell fault for kicking the ball away from Sanchez. I also blame the grass for tackling the ball out of Sanchez' hand.

Come on man, this guy is horrible!!!

15. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I blame the O-line for allowing the fumble. And the lack of offensive weapons.

/excusefilla

16. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I don't know... I would be stunned if Mark gets another snap.

Rex gave Sanchez every single opportunity imaginable to turn it around and Sanchez blew it in grand fashion.

Only thing left to play for now is the future. Sanchez has no future here. Rex has to see that... The look on his face after the game yesterday makes me believe that he does.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

17. Br4d

If Rex starts Sanchez on Sunday it means he expects to be fired at the end of the year. The stadium will be very volatile with the Jets eiminated for the year and the fans will be on Sanchez ass all game. They'll be booing TD passes. I'd do a concussion evaluation on Sanchez, have it come out cloudy and put him on IR for the rest of the season, just to be sure.

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

certainly looks that way... BTW, what's with the left-hand glove?

19. Moonshine

Moonshine New Member

I just had this thought, and I am smoking bud so maybe its crazy, but.....

Do you think maybe the O-line wants Sanchez gone too? Lol. I've seen the Titans play the Pats, Bills, Vikings (IDK why I watched that game, I think maybe ours got out of hand) and Steelers. They do not get after QBs. Period. The only half decent guy on their D-line is Derrick Morgan, and even he's kinda bustish. I remember watching him at GT thinking he would absolutely dominate.

Our O-line is better than their D-line any day of the week. They were all over Mark.

Its cool if they did. I hope they do it consistently til he's gone.

20. Br4d

I had this thought for a brief second last night that maybe Mangold had snapped the ball low intentionally. His face was red coming off the field and he had this really angry look on it.

Then I remembered that everything we know about Mangold says that he's a professional and a decent human being who would not do something like that.

Usually everything you know about a person is more accurate than a fleeting thought at a terrible moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.