Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

I think we should change their name to the Washington Whites and change the mascot to a chubby accountant.

2. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

It really depends on the usage and what is being conveyed.

Again, like with the FSU Seminoles, it's celebrating the heritage and their "warrior" spirit. At least, that's my take on it.

3. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

AMEN.

But I have lost all faith in Sanchez. I don't want to focus on who is to blame up to this point but I do now that the answer at QB for next year is McElroy or non-Jet.

4. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

Sanchez sucks because the NEW YORK JETS made him that way.

This dude has been poorly managed from the get go and what we see now is the compilation of the Jet's offensively challenged head coach who must be able to bend over to give himself a blowjob on demand to be able to see the unicorns and fairies which Tony Sparano must have blown out his ass to the job in the first place.

Sanchez is the poster child of the failure of Rex Ryan as a head coach and I can't wait for his lap banded ass be fired.

5. Sanchito6

Sanchito6 Member

Same. I love Sanch, and will always be one of my fav jets for what he stood for in 09-10. Just a bright, fresh new start to the franchise. But he is done in NY. I hope he can find success somewhere else because I believe he is a very good natured guy. And maybe that is his downfall. He is just far too nice.

6. VanderbiltJets

"Celebrating" is key here, because all the term Redskin celebrates is the annihilation of an entire race to fulfill the greed of settlers.

7. VanderbiltJets

People keep clamoring for "anything but Sanchez!" but I'd much rather be in our current QB situation than the Jets' right before drafting Sanchez. Sanchez has experience (and team chemistry to go along with it), while McElroy has (limited) upside. Could be a lot worse (see: Cardinals, Arizona).

8. Mr. Green Pants

Native American sports team names aren't inherently offensive, but "Redskins" certainly is. It's the equivalent of calling a team "The Detroit Blackies".

9. 46Defense

46Defense New Member

Seminoles is a tribe.

There was no tribe called the Redskins. Redskins is just an incredibly offensive word but it's not a big deal because the media doesn't get outraged like it does with certain groups.

10. Sanchito6

Sanchito6 Member

Although right now feels alot like after that Dolphins game in 08. Just an absolute blind faith looking towards the future. In 2 years this entire team could be different.

11. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

The Seminole tribe gave their permission, BUT, individuals within the tribe had differing opinions. Supports my view that it's open to interpretation as to whether it is offensive or not, and as we all know, some people are offended at the drop of a hat.

For example, in college, I gave a speech in a Communications class and started it out by saying "good afternoon ladies and gentlemen". After I finished my speech, the professor started her critique by commenting that she found my opening line to be sexist. Yeah, believe it or not, the term "Ladies" was sexist in her opinion.

Anyways, we aren't going to agree on this, and time is better spent discussing just how badly Mark Sanchez sucks. :)

#4231 Demosthenes9, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  12. Sanchito6

Sanchito6 Member

Yeah I agree that everything is up to interpretation. Seminoles and Blackhawks...etc. feel more authentic native american. Like warrior like u said. But redskins just doesn't feel right

13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

If we're stuck with Nacho we gotta go OL and RB in draft.

14. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Would you find the team name the San Diego Spooks to be offensive?

15. VanderbiltJets

In that case I would point to the historical precedence behind Ladies vs Redskins. And I assume that your professor was/is a liberal first-wave feminist.

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Sure he's nice.
    He keeps giving gifts to opponents.

I've had enough "nice".
    Let that dirty scumbag McElroy play.

17. VanderbiltJets

We need OLine in the draft no matter what (2-3 holes to fill) and I wouldn't mind seeing the NYJ draft a RB that fell. IMO, this draft is more about maximizing value at positions of need than it is about targeting specific positions. But I agree with your implication, that it would be a mistake to draft a QB.

#4237 VanderbiltJets, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  18. Sanchito6

Sanchito6 Member

Nice doesn't cut it in this league. He has no 'edge'. No grit. Think Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers would've ran to Munchak to shake his hand after that game?

19. 46Defense

46Defense New Member

Every word is going to have different interpretations. So that can't be used as an excuse.

Tribe names are not that offensive but Redskins (derogatory term that mocks skin color) and a giant grinning Indian logo are offensive. With the tribe it's at least something a certain group called themselves. Redskins is a term that was placed on a certain group.

20. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

Lucky for us, it'd be hard to draft and miss a position of need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.