Scottenheimer or Sparano?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by I Am The Stig, Dec 18, 2012.

1. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

After this season, I would have rather kept Schottenheimer if it meant not getting Sparano. At least he was able to make Sanchez look like a competent quarterback.

So Schotty, you have my apologies.

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Sparano. Schotty had much more talent and we saw thee same mistakes and problems

3. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Gee, what a surprise.....Jet fans who clamored for the guy to leave now realize it was a talent and QB Coach problem.

4. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

I hated Schotty, but Sparano is the worst play caller in the NFL, no question about that. Awful hire by the Jets in the offseason.

5. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Neither!!!!

oh and...

:hackett:

6. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Schotty wouldn't have done anything with 'this' offense either.

7. wildaces

wildaces Banned

I wasn't an advocate of Schotty leaving last year, and I don't put it all on Sparano this year. Sanchez can't execute, and kills any ability for a play caller to be successful.

That being said, Sparano is not a playcaller.

8. EL Kabong

EL Kabong Member

Personally I never wanted to dump Shot but someone had to pay for last season melt down.. Now, I know its not news that Sparano sucks, but the Jets have so many flaws its hard to shift it all on one guy.. It's going to be interesting who will pay this year..

9. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Who cares...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I'LL STILL TAKE SPORANO...Schotty under utilized his offense. Sporano tried to do more with Sanchez and the passing game. But we have a shit QB.

11. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Sparano is even more of an idiot than Schotty. You had plenty of time and you are running the ball good. Why would you call a play and have Sanchez throw the ball. He couldn't hit a receiver if his life depended on it. Make Sanchez watch for a whole game next week so that he can get some perspective how bad he truly sucks.

12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Neither. Did you see those reads? QB is the problem

13. Danny@ATL

Danny@ATL New Member

Maybe the Jets offense just sucks.

They "want" to ground and pound but they don't have the RBs and 1/2 the line for it.
    They don't have a QB that's good enough to see people in neon robins egg blue.
    We don't have an explosive threat on the receiving corp.

Shotty is doing rather well with the Rams. Too many different people not on the same page. The Jets need structure.

14. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Exactly the OC gets way too much blame. schotty and now sparano is getting more blame than they deserve(d)

15. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Bill Walsh could be calling our plays, so long as Sanchez is our quarterback, we will be an abysmal offensive team.

16. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

The rams have the 28th ranked offense in PPG, we are 27. That's a huge win for Tony!

17. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Sporano has been bad as an OC, but Shottenheimer was truly terrible, and I am glad he is gone. There should be no doubt that Sanchez made both Sporano and Shottenheimer look worse then they actually are, but there should also be no doubt that Shottenheimer was truly awful. The stories of him coming up with new plays during the week and running them *once*! in practice during the week says it all. If I never see another end around or double reverse on 3rd and short it will be too soon.

18. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Sparano should be canned for not running 40 times passing 20 times tonight. But the offense stinks because its devoid of talent. Unreal some of those reads by Sanchez tonight, I don't know what I saw in the guy.

19. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

Sparano should be fired for posing as an offensive coordinator!!! Worse hire since Coslet!

20. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

I have my issues with Sparano, but I still go back to that goal line interception in the Seattle game.

Absolutely perfect play call and design. Line gave good protection. TWO freaking receivers wide open, one of them being Sanchez's "crutch", and what does Sanchez do ? Pump fakes twice to a wide open receiver, stares him down then throws a late pass that gets picked.

Yo can't blame Sparano for that. As I said, it was absolutely perfect play design and play calling.

Other times though, seriously, WTF ?? The playcalling and design has been mind boggling.

So it's a mixed bag of sorts.