IND 9-5, CIN 8-6, PIT 7-7, Jets 6-7... Playoffs!?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Good point. This thread probably shouldn't be 60 pages to be honest since there aren't that many playoff possibilities.

That said, I want the opinions of everyone, but I think the point that the Jets probably won't win out is pretty obvious. The Jets have a pretty good chance at losing any one of our next 3 games, but talking about that chance doesn't really fit this thread.

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing. Either way, the pass Hill dropped cost us the game. If he catches the ball, it's first and goal from the 5 down by 3 with 2 mins left. But his drop forced Rex to kick the FG right then with too much time on the clock.

3. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Um, we are Jets fans. Jets fans like to talk about how the team can make the playoffs. That's the most important thing. We know it's unlikely, but it's possible and after this Sunday its even more possible. To be honest a lot of people were talking about our season being over back in the preseason and the negative talk has continued all year long. It's funny that those same people still poke their heads in every thread imaginable just to rain on the parade.

4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

It's 60 pages long because I started it before the Trukey Day debacle. It's been going for almost a month now but the closer we get, the more excitement there is.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Is dread a form of excitement? :)

6. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Yes, we (which includes me) are Jet fans. I am happy to talk about how they can make the playoffs, but I also have the right to point out what a longshot it is. If it was simply relying on other teams, then by golly be as crazy optimistic as you want. But it is ALL predicated on them winning 5 straight to end the season, and discussing all the permutations that would be possible IF that extremely unlikely scenario were to occur is just as acceptable as pointing out that it's unlikely.

I am neither adding nor taking away from the conversation, just trying to further discussion about the winning streak that would need to occur. What makes anyone here think that the Jets are "likely" (not that it's possible or not, that's obvious that it is) to win all of their games? Until now, playing two of the three worst teams in the league (KC being the third), they haven't won two straight all year. They did so in extremely unconvincing fashion, and now they still have two games left with teams that have offensive talent and acceptable QBs.

I'm not allowed to point out that the Jets have beaten one good QB all year and that guy was a rookie whose defense allowed a terrible offense to run all over them?

C'mon man, lighten up my brother! We all want the same thing, but we all have different views on how the team can do it (and whether they can).

7. The_Darksider

The joke in it was that at least 1/3 to 1/2 of the posts are the same "what do the Jets have to do" questions followed by even more "here's how they do it" answers. If everyone read the posts instead of just posting the question, the thread wouldn't be anywhere near 60 pages long.

I personally don't even like moderators telling people what they can or can't say so I don't care, let people do what they want. Freedom of speech and the ability to do things the way you want to is what makes this country go around - I would never try to police people. But that was the joke that led to the comment about the length of the thread.

8. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

No. I'm comparing the rhetoric of fans and media claiming that they know the outcome before something happens.

For the record, I think the Jets lose tonight. But football is a week to week sport. Teams evolve as the season goes on and match-ups don't always work out how people foresee.

9. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

We must be the most disliked team in the league LMAO

The poll just happen and the nation voted that NO we will not win out our last 3 games. Not to mention the announcers are still calling for Tebow. This is hilarious! LOL

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The last time the nation saw the Jets play it was a comedy of errors against the Patriots on Thanksgiving. I don't think it has anything to do with being disliked.

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

This might be the last day we can talk about playoffs guys. Lets hope it's not the last

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think the Jets have just presented themselves as an un-serious team this year. They started the trend with the moves in February and March. They took forever to admit they didn't have a good enough RT or WR's. Basically they flipped the season off in the management suite.

If I wasn't a Jet fan I wouldn't be taking them seriously either at this point.

#1172 Br4d, Dec 17, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  13. The_Darksider

Maybe we can put this thread to rest now? lol This is so painful to watch.

14. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm not sure we want to make the playoffs anymore.

If this is what we look like against shit teams then I'm not looking forward to the 37-3 beatdown that we get in the first round against...well...any of them.

15. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Another hour away from locking this thread. I would be beyond amused if THIS Jet team somehow made the playoffs, it might actually be a worse playoff team than the 7-9 Seahawks or 8-8 Broncos.

16. The_Darksider

Don't forget that that both of those teams beat 'better' teams in the 1st round of the playoffs, but as division winners. Jets sneaking in this year as a 6 seed would easily make them the worst playoff team in recent memory.

17. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

I guess it was just wishful thinking by us Jets fans.

18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

well hopefully bengals win out so at least i could sleep at night..

I swear if everything happens then i will be pissed off more.

19. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Lock this thread, please. :/

20. allan1

allan1 Active Member

and while you're at it lock sanchez's head in a vice until you hear a crack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.