IND 9-5, CIN 8-6, PIT 7-7, Jets 6-7... Playoffs!?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

You're one of a dozen posters who have already posted this. Please stop posting and make the realization that this thread starts off with the (probably unlikely) assumption that the jets go 9-7. If you don't want to make that assumption, please go to the Sanchez Haterz thread or someplace else.

2. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

It's a free country pal. The naysayers have as much right as the blind optimists.

3. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

That would be something else.

4. The_Darksider

LOL That's funny, laughing out loud to that one.

5. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Maybe the back end of our schedule...The first 8 weeks were one of the tougher schedules in the NFL. Either way, this team is flawed, but they are still compeating

6. The_Darksider

All of that said, the Bills won't lay down for the Jets. No way. They will play as if it was THEM that has a shot.

7. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

except the odds of sparano & sanchez not fucking up one of the last 3 games is probably less than 5%

8. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Actually I stand corrected....Jets do control their own destiny but that'd mean that NBC would be taking us as the Week 17 primetime game so I guess for a few hours the Jets can win and get in if everything falls correctly.

Gotta figure FOX hangs onto DAL/WSH and CBS hangs onto BAL/CIN so it'd make the following games possibly huge:

NYJ/BUF
    CLE/PIT
    PHI/NYG
    GB/MIN
    HOU/IND
    STL/SEA

Huge gamble for NBC...if KC upsets IND, I have to think 110% NBC takes the HOU/IND game with the selling point of IND needs a win to get in and HOU might be fighting for 1st seed rights.

#1148 BakerMaker, Dec 17, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  9. The_Darksider

Are you seriously trying to compare the '09 Jets who, even after stinking much of the season, had a much better defense and a much better offense to this team which can't beat any decent teams?

10. The_Darksider

My bad. I thought I remembered the Hill play being the last drive in regulation.

11. The_Darksider

So.........what you're saying is you prefer a thread with 100 posts asking the exact same questions, another 250 answering it with the same exact playoff scenarios, and ONLY the opinions of the people who believe?

Ok.

12. lakersmetsjets49ers

I'm pretty certain the nfl's little NFC east darlings the cowboys and redskins are going to get the week 17 Sunday night game.

13. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

My brain is starting to bleed.

Is there a scenario that makes the Week 17 Ravens/Cincy game totally irrelevant to the Ravens? Does it make a difference to us whether the Ravens win or lose against the Giants? ... Or does that answer depend on who wins the Pitt/Cincy game?? I'm sooooo confused.

In addition, even if the Chiefs upset Indy, Minnesota beating Houston is huge for us ... or the Texans will pack it in and rest everyone in week 17.

So, I guess what I'm asking is ... what has to happen for our worst possibility to take place ... Both the Ravens and Texans basically sit every starter in Week 17? Unless I'm missing something ... If the Ravens (10-5) beat the Giants, the Steelers (8-7) beat Cincy (8-7), and Houston (13-2) Beats Minnesota it seems like we're fucked because the Ravens will be locked into the #3 seed, and the Texans will be locked into the #1 seed. And that means there's no shot in hell the Bengals or Colts lose in week 17. Correct??

#1153 truthbtold, Dec 17, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  14. duncc5

duncc5 Member

IMO we shouldn't be assuming that Indy beats KC and Pitt beats Cleveland. Just saying, stranger things have happened...

Indy's D ranks in the bottom 5 in rushing YPA, and KC's D is 7th in the league in passing YPG. Seems like it could be a recipe for KC controlling the time of possession, and grinding out a low-scoring win. Obviously Indy is the clear favorite, but I think it will be a lot closer than people might think.

And let's not forget that Cleveland already beat Pitt and has been very competitive this year.

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

And we have a winner here. Anybody who thinks the Jets have more than a snowball's chance in hell of winning the last 3 games under pressure haven't been watching the saga of the Fistpump and the Buttfumble too closely this season.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets worst-case scenario is that the Steelers beat the Bengals next week alongside the Colts winning their game. That would leave the Jets dependent on the Browns knocking off the Steelers in week 17 in order for the Jets to have a shot at a playoff spot.

The next scenario up the ladder is probably the Bengals beating the Steelers alongside the Colts winning their game alongside the Ravens winning their game. I say probably because a Ravens loss next week opens up the possibility for the Bengals to win the AFC North and the Ravens will be a guaranteed wildcard in that situation.

17. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

I totally agree!

18. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Thanks. Unfortunately that's probably what will happen. If so, At least we know that Cleveland will be giving 100% to beat Pittsburgh in Week 17.

19. lakersmetsjets49ers

The way Pittsburghs been playing I think Cincinnati gets the win Sunday.

20. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I would have agreed with that before and penciled Indy & Cincy for the last 2 spots.

But, with Ben back, you can't count Pitt out. They could have won yesterday and honestly, do you trust Cincy?
    Talk about teams that shit the bed...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.