Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

regaining confidence? didnt he just throw 3 picks and get benched, followed by a no show against the worst defense in football last week?

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

debate? i mean honestly is that what you call having a conversation with you? its more like bang your head against the wall as even long after a guy has proved he is no good you still stick up for him. which is why i bring up herm to you all the time, 10 years and the complete annihilation of the kc chiefs and the fact that nobody will give him even so much as a coaching job and you still think he was the best coach ever.... well until rex ryan came along.

and in a few years there will be a new greatest coach of all time. its not a debate at all.

3. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

That is why we all should have junc on ignore. He doesn't really debate anything. He's really a sort of troll.

4. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

I'd rather give away our #1 to any team that was willing to take Sanchez and eat his salary, and pay that money to keep Revis.

5. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Would agree with you if Sanchez had multiple years left. Right now there's only one season left on his contract so we might as well bite the bullet & endure it. Maybe next year's #1 can be a productive player for multiple seasons & not bust so badly as the Sanchez pick.

Hopefully, Rex/Tanny won't do something stupid and extend his contract.

6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Sanchez was extended at the start of the season with a 5 year deal, 3 of which are guaranteed.

7. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

This is not entirely true.

There only a negative amount of dead money this year and next. After that there is a good amount of cap savings if we cut/trade Mark.

http://www.nyjetscap.com/marksanchez.html

8. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Our franchise has made a lot of terrible decisions over the years but that one right there is at the top of the list.

9. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

So you think being locked into to Sanchez for this year and next is a bigger mistake than not drafting Marino ?

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Sanchez extension doesn't even make the top 5. Yeah it was a bad call but this franchise has screwed the pooch in ways that make that look just trivial over the years.

My top 5:

1976 - John Riggins is cut by the Jets after getting busted smoking pot. The 1st 1,000 yard rusher in Jets history and team MVP in 1972 and 1975 goes on to a hall of fame career with the Redskins.

1983 - Jets draft Ken O'Brien on the 24 pick. 3 picks later the Fins take Dan Marino.

2003 - Jets trade the 13, the 22 and a 4th round pick to move up to the 4 and take Dewayne Robertson. Trading up for a defensive lineman is not necessarily a bad move if you're actually going to get a dominant player. D-Rob was a decent player in college who turned into a decent player in the pros but never came close to the value the Jets paid for him. Jets traded up in into the top 4 to take a 2nd round talent.

2002 - Jets draft Bryan Thomas in the 1st round on the 22 pick. Ed Reed goes on the 24 2 picks later. The Jets already had two DE's, both pass-rushers, they had no SS at the time. They wound up playing retread Sam Garnes at SS in 2002 and 2003, Reggie Tongue in 2004, Erik Coleman in 2005 and 2006, Kerry Rhodes in 2007, Abram Elam in 2008 and Jim Leonhard in 2009 and 2010.

1992 - Jets draft Johnny Mitchell on the 15 pick leading Mel Kiper to state that the "Jets clearly don't know what the draft is all about." Mitchell wasn't a bad player at all but he wasn't remotely the kind of value you were looking to get out of a mid 1st round pick. In fairness he stands in for all the really terrible draft picks the Jets have made in the 1st round over the years but he was indicative of a front office that had totally lost it. The Jets wound up making another terrible pick at TE in the 1st round just 3 years later in kyle Brady at the start of the Kotite debacle.

The moves in 2002 and 2003 are a big part of the reason Br4dw4y5ux was born, the other part being losing all the Jet-skin free agents in the winter of 2003 because somebody didn't tag them at the appropriate levels...

11. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Good list. I'll just add this move, which still sticks in my craw:

Parcells' first draft in 1996 we grab Keyshawn with the #1. No problem there.
    Our next pick (#31) he tries to prove how much smarter he is than everyone else by drafting Alex Van Dyke. ALEX FREAKIN' VAN DYKE! We know how that worked out. Three picks later the Giants draft Amani Toomer. Just imagine how much better our passing offense would have been with those two WR's as our #1 and #2, and still having Chrebet in the slot.

12. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Parcells joined the Jets in 97...
    both those picks in 96 sucked. You don't re-build a new team at WR..

13. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Yes ... I stand corrected. That pick was on Kotite.

But we absolutely needed two good WR's in that draft. Do you remember who we had in 1995? They made this year's WR's look like Jerry Rice and John Taylor. Toomer would have made a HUGE difference moving forward. Look at the career he had with the Giants. We would have had one of the best recieving corps in the game with Johnson, Toomer and Chrebet, plus Curtis Martin running the ball. That Van Dyke pick was a disaster.

14. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I thought that Kiper quote was from the Jeff Lageman pick in 1989?

I would like to add:

1987 - Jets draft a fullback in the first round, Roger Vick.

2005 - Badly needing a tight end, the Jets pass on Heath Miller, instead trading their No. 1 for Doug Jolley, getting a second-round pick into the bargain... which they use to take a kicker. (A few minor picks were also shuffled in this trade).

#3914 ukjetsfan, Dec 17, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  15. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Surprised you didn't list the passing on Warren Sapp. With all the screaming amongst Jets fans for Sapp in the draft stage, I was so confident Jets management was going that way also.

16. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98 <--- it was for Lageman. Although, Mel Kiper's could have very well made that same statement about various other Jet drafts.

17. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

sorry if the facts bother you, if you want to be one f those whiners that just calles for coaching and QB changes every few years then go ahead. I undrestand this game better than folks like you and the gutles wonder.

If you ever actually read what I wrote you'd know at no point did I ever call Herm a great coach but you guys have reading comprehension problems, you interpret posts rather than soak in the information so you have misguided thought on what you THINK I write. I can't help you w/ basic reading comprehension, I try to help you w/ football- it's not my fault you don't listen.

18. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

I think it is definitly a bigger mistake.

Obviously Marino had MUCH bigger consequences as he went on to be arguably the best QB of all time. But that was still a draft decision, still a crapshoot, and several other guys passed on him too.

With sanchez, we already know what we had. at best a mediocure QB who cant carry a team. and we threw a ton of money at him.

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

:rofl2: You guys crack me up. we truly have the worst fanbase in sports.

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Eggzactlee. It's apples and oranges to compare draft picks to a contract extension.

Let's just say the Sanchez extension was the worst move made regarding a player already on the roster. The Riggins case Brad referred to was clearly made for non-football pr reasons. It can be criticized as such, which I do. But neither it is entirely fair to not take note of pr as a consideration there.

The only pr involved in the decision to extend Sanchez was that the clown show running the Jets did not want to admit having made a mistake to get him in the first place, and so they doubled down on him.

Add in that the Tebow trade was the worst ever, and it was quite an off season, wasn't it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.