IND 9-5, CIN 8-6, PIT 7-7, Jets 6-7... Playoffs!?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Its not rocket science.

Jets win out. End up with 9-7 and conference record of 7-5.

Cincy plays Steelers and Ravens. They shall beat Steelers and win against Ravens. They'll end up 9-7 with conference record of 6-6.

Steelers play against Cowboys, Cincy and Browns. They need to lose against Cincy and Cowboys. They end up with 8-8 with conference record of 5-7 (at best).

Jets 9-7, (7-5 conference)
    Cincy 9-7 (5-7 conference)
    Steelers 8-8 (5-7 conference)

The kicker? Colts play against Texans, Chiefs, and Texans again. If they lose against Chiefs, theres a good chance they lose out. And if all four teams end up at 9-7, Jets and Colts go through. If Colts don't lose, Steelers MUST lose against Cincy and Cowboys, and Cincy must lose against Ravens, giving the Jets a tie breaker over Cincy based upon conference record.

2. tubby

tubby Active Member

I really think the Lions blowing it against the Colts is going to be the reason why Jets don't make playoffs.

3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

^Us blowing it @NE or getting crushed by Miami at home are the games I will point to. Can't rely on anyone else.

4. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

If for some strange reason we're out, the Miami game would have done it. That was a game against a team we should have beaten and did not.

5. tubby

tubby Active Member

Well obviously the Jets blowing games hurt more. But since we need help now, that's going to be the game that really hurt the Jets chances.

6. laxin

laxin Active Member

Why should we have won vs them? We clearly got outplayed the first game, so why was this game a gimme for us?

We haven't won a single game vs team thats not bad... Even dating back to last year we havent beaten a single team above average. Thats not a playoff team and thats not a good team. Even if by some miracle we win out and make the playoffs, do you really think we'll beat the Broncos... or even the Ravens?

I have pretty much no faith in this team and it surprises me how many of you still do after seeing the "product" this team puts on the field. Its simply hard to watch...

7. ArmandJ

Yes, I think we can beat the Ravens. They're not exactly worldbeaters. The Broncos are only where they are now because they play in the AFC West, a division in which they're lucky enough to play teams who's combined win totals equal Denver's wins alone. I'm sure we can beat them.

What about the Steelers. They lost to Oakland, Tennessee, the Browns, Chargers, and they should have lost to KC. They didn't beat the teams they were supposed to beat, which is why we're having this conversation in the first place. We're beating teams we are supposed to beat, which is why we're having this conversation.

Do you enjoy being pessimistic? Get out of here with that shit...

8. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

6 of 7 teams the Jets lost to this year are in the hunt for the playoffs. The other is Miami. NE twice, SF, Pitt, Houston Seattle

9. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

This is not correct. If the Steelers beat Dallas, but lose to Cincy and Cleveland, they finish 8-8 and the Jets are in.

If the Jets win the next two, the only way they are not still alive in week 17 is if Pittsburgh beats both Dallas and Cincinnati the next two weeks.

#789 statjeff22, Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  10. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

In 2011, the Jets didn't beat a single team that wound up with a winning record. This year, they probably will end up with a win against only one team with a winning record (the Colts). The only other real possibility is the Rams. That's 1, maybe 2 wins over good teams the past two years. That speaks volumes.

Because they lost 6 of 7 games to teams in the playoff hunt means they can't beat good teams.

11. ArmandJ

I know how things are going to go down.

The New York Jets will take the Colts spot in the playoffs. That's right, the Colts are going to collapse starting this Sunday. You heard it from me first.

12. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I hope you are right Armand, but forgive me if I don't bet my house on it.

13. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Using any realistic logic the Jets have absolutely no chance at the playoffs, but as a Jets fan, I will believe. Even with the product on the field.

That being said, Who would have put the Giants in the Super Bowl last year, let alone winning it, at week 14?

14. lakersmetsjets49ers

That would be the ideal situation but if the colts win out they win their division.
    The colts are 9-4 Houston's 11-2. 2 of their final 3 games are against Houston. The texans are looking vulnerable and if Indy sweeps em and beats kc they win the division. If Indy were to win Sunday might as well hope for them to win the division to improve the strength of victory percentage.

The way I see it is this, root for the ravens to lose their next 2 games against good teams, root for Dallas to win Sunday, and the bengals to beat Pittsburgh.

If the jets do their part they'd be 9-7

Pittsburgh at best would be 8-8

Baltimore and Cincinnati would both be 9-6 and Baltimore would have every reason to play to win. To my knowledge the jets have the tiebreaker over the bengals if they both finish 9-7

15. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I picked the more reasonable game for them to lose. Of course, if Steelers win against Cowboys as opposed to the Browns, their conference record gets dented further. I don't think Steelers lose against Browns but I do think they'll lose against Cincy AND Cowboys. Cincy MUST then lose against the Ravens for us to go through.

16. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Obviously the Colts losing out would be great, but realistically we're looking for Dsllas this week, Cincy next week and Baltimore in week 17 to win. Those three results plus three wins of our own will be enough.

Obviously Baltimore losing this week and next will force them to play hard in week 17, so those would be great results too.

17. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

I put no faith in Dallas to beat Pittsburgh. And Pittsburgh will beat cincy the following week...lets just hope the colts choke and lose three in a row.

18. RevisXt

RevisXt Member

Forget about going into OT against Houston and NE, games we could have won? The Jets in the past had been revived and looked like a new team in the playoffs. Could happen again.

19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Seems like there are still 1,000 ways to get in -or- a 1,000 ways to die, depending on if you're a true fan or fair weather fan.

20. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

fixed it for ya

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.