Mike & Mike on low completion %

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by JFjets, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

First of all, you are continuing to show your lack of objectivity when you claim that Tebow isn't a QB. Ask our coach and check out the depth chart.

Secondly, while you say it's about wins and losses, again, it's not the only thing that goes into it. Rex has been heavily criticized on this site about his "loyalty" to certain players. There's no question that this "loyalty" exists, the only question is, what drives it ? What's the cause ? WHY is Rex that way ? Is it just that, loyalty ? Is it pride and/or ego ? Is he worried that being wrong might endanger his job ?

2. Demosthenes9

How many times are you going to repeat this FARKING LIE

I've discussed Tebow's faults ad nauseum, even the ones that are his and his alone.

His lack of consistency with his mechanics.
    His need to improve his footwork.
    His need to improve on reading defenses.
    His need to improve on going through his progressions.
    His need to improve on working from under center.

yet again, THAT YOU CONTINUE TO LIE ABOUT THINGS says a lot about you.

Guess what cupcake ? There's a lot of other Jet fans, many who don't like Tebow, who have said the same thing. That Rex is tied at the hip to Sanchez and won't replace him.

No, I haven't seen anything else. Then again, I'm not the one claiming that he's stuck where he was last year and that there's no possibility that he's improved. That's the kind of bullshit that people like you are coming up with.

I've explained this to you previously, and it's something that shows that you don't understand football. IF a receiver is supposed to run a 12 yard out route, and, being a terrible receiver who will soon be selling insurance, he runs an 11 yard in route instead, IT DOESN'T MATTER about the quality of the guy defending him. The WR could be standing there wide open and the ball will sail past him, because the QB was throwing a freaking 12 yard out route.

You're right about one thing, it doesn't tell you who is better. BUT, what it does tell you is that Tebow isn't as bad as some of you all continuously claim.

I mean, what does it say when you all point to his starts in 2011 and say "See, look at those stats! He sucks and isn't an NFL QB" when his stats are BETTER THAN SANCHEZ's were are a similar point in their careers ?

You are either saying that Sanchez sucked his first 15 starts as well and wasn't an NFL QB, or, you are tacitly admitting that you are wrong about Tebow.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

First of all, it's not "our" coach. You are not a Jets fan. You are a tebot. I'll bet you are just praying that Sanchez and McElroy get hurt so Rex has no choice but to go to his personal punt protector at QB.

We do agree on one thing though. I'm sure that Rex is very worried that putting Tebow in at QB would put his job at risk.

4. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

I dunno, I agree with what LTJF is saying here. I'd find it odd if Rex really thought Tebow was better, and actually had a better chance with him, but wants to stick with Sanchez because he doesn't want to look stupid for not going to Tebow from the beginning or sooner in the season.

I don't think it is a stretch at all to look at what is going on and come to the conclusion that he simply doesn't believe in Tebow.

Call it stubbornness to not charge off into the unknown if you want. but do you TRULY believe it is more of a case of not wanting to win with Tebow and he'd rather lose with Sanchez? If so, fire his ass and see that he never coaches in this league again. Need to see a LOT more evidence before I will believe that about a coach.

Why is it such a damn stretch for you to believe Rex simply doesn't believe Tebow is the better player, and simply doesn't believe in him as a QB? He even plugs him in on special teams... who does that?!!?

5. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

It's only a lie if it isn't true. Check out some of the posts around here. Some do acknowledge there is some room for growth, but that is as close as they will EVER come. Otherwise, it's the playcalling, the blockers, or dropped passes from receivers who can't catch.

Oh yeah?

Guess what buttercup, I've seen Tebowners also say Rex isn't a believer and doesn't want him. So they should trade him to someone who does.

If you're gonna keep calling people liars in every other post, QUIT DOING IT YOURSELF!!!! Never once did I "claim" there is NO possibility of improvment. I DID say it was unlikely, but not impossible. Not the same thing.

Unlikely, bor obvious reasons. The biggest one being that the last 3 years of CRITICAL development time for NFL QBs were wasted on wild-cat packages and punt protection drills.

Someone elses fault again, huh?

I've explained this to you previously, and it is something that shows you don't understand football. SEVERAL of his passes were BEHIND receivers. His timing was off... EVEN after 3 friggin months. Receivers would have to break stride to catch balls behind them, or thrown at their shoelaces... and either they would get killed there, or soon after which limited yards after the catch. He just can't survey the field very well and anticipate where the runner is going to be. combine that with that whacky inaccurate over the top from behind the head throwing motion... yeah, I can see why he's battling consistency problems.

There's a LOT more to evaluating a player than some stat sheet comparison, and you know it. Wanna know why his similar stats get him on the bench and others get more playing time? Start exploring how they are evaluated to begin with. A goddamn monkey could look at a stat sheet, compare two, and go with the guy who has prettier stats.

There's a lot more to that, isn't it? Why then does the conclusion seems to be from those actually paid to evaluate, that Tebow is better off somewhere other than behind center? ...or somewhere else, PERIOD.

#65 Concerned_Citizen, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  6. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I was a Tebot, now I have seen the light. Go Jets, if Rex goes I go.

7. Demosthenes9

Who the hell are you to say who is or isn't a Jets fan?

Jesus, the level of hubris on display. You don't speak for the team and you don't speak for the fans. You Damned sure don't decide who is or isn't a fan. Clear?

I don't need McElroy to get hurt as he is the THIRD STRING QB and as long as Tebow is healthy, he'll get the nod ahead of McElroy. The only ones who don't understand this are the ones who believe the stupid crap that you have been spouting.

As for Sanchez, no, I don't wish for him to be injured either. I'd rather see Rex admit that Sanchez isn't the answer and for him to be benched in favor of Tebow.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

None of you tebots are Jets fans, that point is painfully obvious. It's not about me deciding who is or isn't a Jet fan or "speaking for the team", it's about me recognizing an obvious truth in life. All you care about in terms of the Jets is that Tebow get as much playing time as possible. You believe the coaches aren't trying to win because they aren't playing a punt protector at QB.

The day the Tebow leaves the Jets cannot arrive soon enough.

9. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Seems like you are pretty emotionally invested in and fascinated by Tebow also. So much so, that you waste half your day posting about him in a forum dedicated to the man himself.

Just make sure to include yourself in the "crazy about Tebow" category.

10. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Most of the Tebots around here are nothing like some people on twitter, and people from Gainesville.

11. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

Can't wait until this bum is gone.

Tebow couldn't clean Luck's jock. 32 GMs will tell you that.

And yes I am a Tebow hater, because of morons like you JF, to whom every criticism of Tebow means that you have to hate him because God forbid someone just doesn't think he is good enough to play QB in the NFL.

12. phaytal

phaytal New Member

I can say with the definitive certainty that anyone posting pro-Tebow rhetoric, who's join dates are between March 2012, and today, are absolutely not Jet fans, and could give a flying fuck about this forum's franchise.

Your loyalties are with a single player, not this franchise. Why would you even attempt to be that disingenuous? Not one established Jet fan is buying your bullshit.

By the way, haven't seen you on the Bronco boards for..... 9 months and counting.

13. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Are we going to the disappearance of the Tebot Race after this season? I saw the light, I'm done Tebotting.

I've seen the Broncos boards lately, a lot more peaceful.

#73 Diddy, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  14. Demosthenes9

Dude, wtf ? Now you want to claim that you were talking about others or something ? Here is exactly what you said:

That's singular. That's YOU claiming that I can't seem to find any real fault with Tebow. It's not talking about other people, what they think, or what they say.

Seriously dude, I really can't decide whether you just lie almost every time you open your freaking mouth, of if you have no clue as to what you have actually said, that others are responding to.

I'll give you a hint. When I respond to one of your posts, the forum software is nice enough to allow me to QUOTE WTF YOU SAID. IF you forgot, then when you read my reply, go up and refresh your Farking memory.

It's not complicated.

15. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Then why did Tebow allow the Broncos to choke the last 3 games of the season, including the KC game at home with everything on the line? I think that was a huge indictment on his QB skills more than anything because DC had film on him.

The result, what you saw in his last 4 out of 5 starts end the 2011-2012 season.

16. Demosthenes9

Another post that's full of shit. I've explained repeatedly that I'm a "team" kind of guy, and that while I have a favorite player, as many people do, I pull for the team first.

I've also stated on many occasions after the trade that I believed Sanchez should be starter and that Tebow would benefit from sitting and developing for a year. Do you remember our coach saying that one of their primary goals was to continue developing Tebow as a QB ?

Perhaps you missed it >? Maybe you were too busy pissing and moaning about the trade ?

I was stoked about the idea of Tebow coming in as a WC QB now and then, thinking that Sparano actually had a clue as to how to design a "Tebow" package and would know when to use him.

Oh, wait, damn, that's a position that's awfully similar to one that many "long time" Jets fans took. That Tebow was a positive addition to the team, that he could be used as a weapon, that he might actually push Sanchez into being better, and that if need be, he could step in, whether due to injury or Mark having a complete meltdown.

So, I appreciate your effort in explaining what I want, what I believe, and whom I root for and why, but, seeing as how you don't know what you are talking about, perhaps it's best that I speak for myself on those topics, ya think ?

What I believe is that Rex is in denial in some respects. He's still convinced that Sanchez is a "franchise QB". Why he thinks that exactly, I don't know. There's been lots of speculation as to the reasons, but it's just that.

Do I think Rex does this consciously ? No. It's not like he's sitting around saying "Damn, Mark sucks. We farked up, but we have to cover our ass, so, I'll continue to start him". Nor is he saying "Man, Mark sucks, but gee, I really like the kid and I just can't bring myself to demoting him."

17. Demosthenes9

You mean the same KC team that beat the previously unbeaten Packers the week before ? Maybe it had to do with the coaching change ?

Or maybe it was just a bad game(s) ?

BTW, if you are going to throw the "lost 4 out of the last 5" in there, it'd be nice to stipulate that 2 of those losses came to the SuperBowl runner up. If memory serves me correctly, they beat quite a few teams that year, including the Jets, TWICE.

Actually, I'd say that if most teams in the NFL had to play the Pats twice, they'd go 0-2.

Also, one last thing to point out, you do remember that he came off the bench as the backup last year and took over the starting job? That the games you are talking about would have been his 11th - 16th NFL starts ?

18. Demosthenes9

That's one of your major problems Phaytal, which is that you don't know wtf you are talking about, but you don't let that stop you from spouting your mouth off anyways.

As for the Broncos board and when my last appearance was there, thanks for taking the time to stalk my account so that you could inform me.

Funny to see that you don't have anything better to do with your life. I mean, it's one thing to be so eaten up that you follow a player that you don't like to another team's message board. But this really takes the cake.

You need help Phaytal. Seriously. Go find a psychiatrist and get some meds or something.

19. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

You know, he is just trolling because getting into debates with Tebots can be kind of funny. So do the Mods.

20. Demosthenes9

I think you are giving some of them much more credit than they deserve :)