Mike & Mike on low completion %

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by JFjets, Dec 10, 2012.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Coaches get paid to win and they get fired for not winning. So why would the coach have a lack of desire to play him, especially when the guy in front of him is awful?

2. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Agreed, it a coaches job to win, though some decisions are contract related.

3. JFjets

JFjets New Member

Two things happened today that are as sure as death and taxes.

1) The Sun rose in the Eastern sky.
    2) A Tebow hater couldn't argue the stats so he said "well he doesn't pass the eye test".

Lots of very successful NFL QB's haven't "passed the eye test" in huge chunks of their career arch. Wins. Let me say it again. Wins. A "W" doesn't know if it was obtained by "pretty" or "ugly", and it doesn't care.

Cool. So now, when the argument is in favor of someone other than Tebow, now, Wins are an individual stat that a QB can take a good amount of credit for? Good to know, thanks.

Of course not, you're absolutely right. But in this case, he was absolutely right.

Well said.:up:

Can you let us know which ones those are, and how you came to the conclusion that they were more important than, say, INT's?

Sweet! A 2nd hater who is now acknowledging - after denying Tebow credit for Wins last year - that wins are in fact something a QB can take credit for. Great to know! Thanks.

I'm pretty sure only one of you doesn't know anything. I'm not going to say who it is, but I'm pretty sure it's not D9.

He's got about 8.5 million reasons. Pretty easy to understand.

4. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Easy answer. It will make him look bad for not starting him earlier.

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

That's irrelevant. Let's not over think this one, it's about winning. If a coach benches the starter and they start winning, they're more likely to keep their job than if they keep the starter in and keep losing. Will the media question why they didn't go to the backup sooner? Almost certainly, but it won't matter if they're winning.

If Rex thought Tebow gave them a better chance to win, Tebow would be starting. He doesn't, so we're still suck with an awful QB that Tebow can't pass on the depth chart.

6. JFjets

JFjets New Member

Gotcha. So that's why McElroy was back on the deactivated list exactly one week after taking over for the benched Sanchez and leading the team to a win. Sure. Makes perfect sense.

Don't me wrong, I agree with the concept of what you said, but you know and I know that when we're talking about Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez and the history of Mark Sanchez' job security with the Jets, common sense and logical thinking need not apply. You are the one that is overthinking things, it clearly is not about winning with Rex/Sanchez and the Jets right now, otherwise he would have given either Tebow or McElroy a try and then stuck with the decision if they started winning, as they did in Arizona with McElroy. You can try all you want to make this about Tebow, but there's another QB on the bench behind Sanchez, one who led them to a win 10 days ago, and now he's back on the bench, deactivated.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

So that's what you're going to go with? Because Rex didn't start McElroy over Sanchez he clearly isn't making decisions to win?

I thought you guys decided Greg's 29 yards on 7 passes wasn't impressive enough to keep Tebow on the bench? What about all those times Elway got pulled that you guys like to bring up?

You guys are too funny. You're right - Rex isn't trying to win - he's trying to prove Sanchez is the guy. That's gotta be it. It's the only logical explanation that Tebow isn't starting too. Other than Tebow blows.

8. JFjets

JFjets New Member

Makes more sense than anything else Rex has done.

McElroy didn't exactly light the world on fire, but he led the team to a win, which is something Sanchez hasn't done much in this dumpster fire of a season for him.

Stupid, I know, but makes more sense than any other explanation.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

No, what you're saying only makes sense to a tebot attempting to explain away with yet another excuse as to why Tebow isn't starting.

I don't know if you noticed but the Jets DID win the next week with Sanchez starting. So I guess that decision that you don't think made any sense worked out so far, didn't it now? There was also a huge difference in the play calling - looked almost like the play calling they were using when McElroy was in the previous week.

10. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Not if Rex has even less faith in Tebow than he does Sanchez.

Why do you act like this is unlikely? What makes you so damn sure that there is something else at work here other than Rex liking what he sees from Tebow much less than he does Sanchez on a daily basis?

11. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Why does every Tebot makes this a personal issue? It is a production business.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Lol at comparing Luck to Tebow

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

13. Concerned_Citizen

Because they got emotionally invested in the kid.

I can see why, he's a great guy. Wouldn't you wanna see a guy like that succeed?

Problem is, he sucks. His coaches know it. Most objective people know he's got a lot of problems working against him...

...and Tebowners can't come to terms with it. They just can't. Se even the most minimal criticism is taken as a personal attack. Any compliments that aren't a 100% glowing review, is seen as backhanded and insincere.

Tebowners really fascinate me... they really really do...

14. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I like him, heck last year he made the Broncos realvent since the 2008 choke job (Which Jay Cutler may perform AGAIN). Though if you're a shitty practice player and start, is it really fair to the other players on the team?

#54 Diddy, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  15. Concerned_Citizen

It is if it can be established that he is indeed the best player at that position on the team.

but I can see how it would divide a locker room if a guy is simply handed the job because he's a swell guy and has meadia and a rabid fanbase lobbying for them.

Think about it, you bust you ass at your position to get on the roster and get some playing time... and some golden boy comes along, you see him shit the bed in practice all the time, then you are told he's gonna get the start over a guy who they see every day outperforming them... simply to shake things up... yeah, I can see how that would open a rift in a locker room.

I liked the relevancy too, though much of it nationally seemed to be more about the noise than achievement. Some achievement there, but it came with a lot of noise too that was far more disproportionate for a specific player than was deserved.

16. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Then again, if the practice player (Orton) lights it up in practice and shits the bed in games, yet the coach says he give them the best chance to win, that would also divide the locker room.

17. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

LTJF,

The funniest thing is that if you go over to the main forum and look at what was being said in many of the threads, Jet fans who aren't even Tebow supporters have been arguing the same thing. That Rex is bending over backwards and going way past the line to give Sanchez the chance to redeem himself.

That Rex and/or Tanny's reputation, so to speak, is tied to Sanchez as the Jets traded up to get him and just this passed offseason, signed him to an extension.

As I've said to you at least 20 times now, to pull the starting QB, the HEAD COACH has to be at the point where he's ready to yank the QB, both psychologically and emotionally.

Rex finally reached the point where he benched Sanchez, but he hasn't reached the point where he's ready to replace him.

If this was actually about wins, Sanchez would have been benched long ago and Tebow would have started. If Tebow fucked up his chance, then McElroy would have come in. If McElroy fucked up his chance, then Sanchez could have been brought back in.

When you have a QB playing that badly in games, you don't turn, look at the bench and say "well, I don't THINK either of those guys will do any better". Why ? Because you don't KNOW this to be the case. You THINK it. History has shown where guys were thought to be the lesser QB on the team, came off the bench performed well in games.

But yet Rex stuck with Sanchez. Why ? Because he's heavily invested in Sanchez.

18. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Yet another load of bullshit.

YOU haven't seen this kid take any substantial number of snaps since back during the preseason, and those snaps were with some number of guys who are off selling insurance now.

The stats have been posted and argued. Tebow, in his first 15 starts, was BETTER THAN Mark Sanchez in his first 15 starts. You have no problem with Mark getting 3 more years to improve, yet to presume that there will be no improvement with Tebow.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You know what Rex is most heavily "invested in"? Winning games. Because if he doesn't win he won't have a job.

If he put antonio cromartie at QB and was winning do you think he'd be fired because he didn't do it with Sanchez? You can bet your ass he wouldn't.

It's about wins and losses as a head coach, and rex clearly thinks sanchez gives them the best chance to win. That's been reiterated over and over by Rex.

You want to argue it's not about wins and losses ... that's more ridiculous than trying to say Tebow is a QB.

Come to think of it, maybe he should go with cromartie at qb ...

20. Concerned_Citizen

Says the guy who sees the world through Tebow colored lenses.... and can't seem to find any real fault with Tebow other than to blame the coaches and the players around him first.

Also coming from a guy who thinks Rex is avoiding Tebow because he's invested in Sanchez rather than simply believing Sanchez gives them the best chance to win despite what he is showing. (Some of you HONESTLY think Rex is deliberately avoiding Rex because they are afraid he MIGHT actually win and make them look bad.)

..and neither have you unless you are on the coaching staff or you are at the jets practice facility. ...and it is hard to miss the snaps he took since then in the games as the media always shows them on the hilights while they drool over the guy.

...and the guys who are off selling insurance, yeah, he played with some... played AGAINST many of those too. Didn't exactly see him doing a real number on them either.

So? In some aspects, Tebow had a better start than John Elway and Steve Young too. Does that make him better? No. There are 21 other players on the field that affect things. That might contribute to the turnout a bit much to compare those kinds of things head to head, IMO.

#60 Concerned_Citizen, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012