Evaluating The 2012 Losses of the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yeah, I hate to go there but I think Sanchez has lost the ability to recover from a hard hit at this point. He used to bounce right back up but starting along about Denver last year that stopped. Might have stopped as early as the Baltimore game.

2. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

rex isnt on the hot seat

too many injuries have derailed the season

he probably has 2 more years unless the lockeroom problems creep up again

3. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

he looked like he finally had taken that step and then boom he crumbled and hasnt recovered

4. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

You guys forget us barely beating trash teams. Lucky win against Miami, 7-6 against Arizona, crappy against Jacksonville, etc etc.

Only real good win IMO is against Indy

5. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I've been thinking this too. Sanchez has to get his head back in the place he was in the Bills game and 1st drive of Pitt. Maybe Braylon will help. Hopefully.

6. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

All that matters is the W beside the opponent. I'd rather win ugly than lose pretty.

7. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

The Jets are a Stephen Hill dropped pass and a JJ Watt tipped pass from being 8-5. The football gods hate us.

8. ArmandJ

At least we're trending up.

Steelers are trending very far down, losing 3 out of their last 4 and nearly losing to the Kansas City Chiefs of all teams.

9. allan1

allan1 Active Member

or a Dan Carpenter missed field goal away from being 5-8

10. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

We have 0 offensive weapons most of the time. Cant expect much more.

11. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

We shoulda beat the Pats in the ot game and we shoulda swept the dolphins, If we did we would be sitting pretty right now talking about the Wild Card at 8-5, But then again we were 8-5 last season and we lost three straight

12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I like the way the offensive line is staring to take over the games lately, especially with almost no threat of a passing game. IF Bray and Cro can add some kind of threat through the air, and the o-line continues to play well, you never know.

13. ArmandJ

Yeah. Honestly, I'd rather be where we are now. It forces us to win instead of being complacent.

Besides, winning 5 in a row looks a hell of a lot better than going 8-5 and losing three in a row.

I would have honestly rather beat the Steelers. Do that, and the AFC North race doesn't really matter at all.

14. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

How can you speculate about the psyche of the team following the NE loss? We got flat out BEAT DOWN vs Miami. All three phases played like shit, I doubt it's cause they were bummed out.

15. Sanchito6

Sanchito6 Member

I hope he does too. And I hate to say it...but with most likely tebow gone next year. And if they sign edwards to another deal. with holmes back...i hope he can regain his form. regardless of what happens this year. The plax and Mason acquisitions could have really thrown off the locker room. Then Jco wanting to leave. We know Sanchez is fragile. And when the team was handled correctly he succeeded at least enough to get us to afc champ games. Maybe this braylon signing is the FO realizing their mistakes and trying to make up for them.

16. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

THIS. It's more than a coincidence that 2 seasons in a row his play greatly deteriorated after taking on "on the chin". He needs to mentally toughen up, or mire in David Carr land forever..... (where he most likely is)

17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

And don't forget the fans forcing Rex's hands to put McElroy in there and lead the Jets to the winning score over woeful Arizona, without which they would be 4-9.

The gods in fact have been easy on the Jets.

The only convincing wins were against Buffalo and Indy, and Indy was just coming off an emotional win, was playing without their HC, and with a rookie Qb facing the Jet pass D for the first time. I don't feel good about ANY of the other wins in terms of establishing the Jets as a good football team. They haven't.

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think they win the Arizona game even if Rex doesn't pull Sanchez.

All they needed was a TD and the running game was working. I know you love McElroy but it's not like the Jets were down 2TDs or something and he came out slinging to win it. It was the right decision to pull Sanchez, but they would've gotten into the end zone eventually.

I'll concur on the Buffalo / Indy wins as the only impressive game they've played all year though.

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I was just pointing out Rex has taken a lot of heat from fans, yet with this roster and schedule, he has actually done a decent job. With a healthy Revis, Holmes and Sanchez playing better, the Jets are what? 8-5 right now? So I put none of this on Rex. All of it on Tannenbaum for the team he built though.

20. ArmandJ

Took the words out of my mouth.