Braylon Edwards is a Jet, Again

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I frankly don't get this signing. T-Bomb has nothing to gain in this signing - except some possible production.

If this fails - because Braylon is not what he once was. I expect this to happen - then that shows he failed.

If this works out - then it's even worse. T-Bomb is a fucking nuthead with arrogance, who is unwilling to admit his past mistakes.

All in all, the team's success was never the focal point, and it isn't now either.

Just what the fuck?

2. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

It totally was. Taking a person off the waiver wire like that, how dare we.

When we make it into the playoffs this year, it'd be worth it just to see the media's reaction.

3. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Good move for this year. We were desparate and he was best available.

Tanny immediately going contract extention again is concerning.
    I hope thats not another ego apeasement. Better be vet min with incentives. Guy like Edwards needs incentives, can't let him get comfortable.

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

the move both satisfies a need as well as public goodwill. but at the moment it remains to be seen if he is even healthy enough to play. if he isn't, the movie is clearly publicity driven.

5. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

What ever happened to this guy? He was good with us, then goes off and did nothing for two years, and now he's back, again. Has he lost interest in the game, or did he regress while playing in two different systems that he didn't fit in?

6. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

I'm super excited about this. I loved edwards when he was a jet, played hard and with heart all the time..hopefully this rejuvinates him and he gets right back at it. My question, I'm watching adam schein repeat over and over that braylon was bascially an asshole, horrible teammate and rex ryan doesn't really like him. Is this true? I don't ever remember hearing anything bad. I know he got the dwi and it was stupidn But other than that, I don't remember him doing anything wrong or hearing teamates complain about him while he was here or after he left. Any facts to what scheinis screaming about on back to back shows?

#506 chris5533, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  7. Jetrik

Jetrik Well-Known Member

At this point, what would the Jets gain from pulling such a stunt? If anything it adds to the ridicule of the team. Whatever. Welcome back BE. Now, pick up where you left off 2 years back...

8. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

My thoughts EXACTLY!!

9. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Jets Post Game Show guys should not be taken seriously....they are there for entertainment but they simply do not get the games and what is going on. Only Brian Custer knows what he's doing and he's the host :lol:

That being said, people need to lower their expectations on Edwards. He's going to be a useful No.3 or No.2 for the final few games but expecting him to destroy it will be let down. He's gonna have to learn a few things and he's still rusty.

10. NewYorkEveryThing

One of my all time favorites. Wish we had him to begin the season. Hill has talent, But he is raw and needs time. When hill comes back. We will have 2 6'4 WR's and kerley. Sucks keller is out. We need this guy.

11. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I'm excited for this, but seriously let's not expect too much. We can all hope for the Braylon of old, but I don't think it'll happen just yet. Anyways, I'm glad he's back. I loved Braylon.

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

you mean other than the applause from the fanbase that wanted him back?

13. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

14. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

There were signs of a pulse after these two past wins.

Now there is a HUGE pulse. This guy, like stated above, just absolutely loves playing for this team. Not only does it help our receivers, but it brings confidence back in Mark that was taken from him long ago. This is gonna be HUGE!

No homo, but holy shit did I miss this fucker!!

Welcome home brotha!

15. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Well ever since he left Sanchez....

Just kidding, probably just couldn't find the right system and no coach could motivate him like Rex. I mean when talking to the MIA GM in Hard Knocks he used Rex Ryan as his reference and how he loves him :grin:

16. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

Adam Schein on Edwards

Sorry for the double post, as I tried to post where everyones talking about edwards, but it seems everyone very excited as I am for his return and just kind of going with that theme With that said my question is was there an actual problem with braylon edwards when he was here? I don't remember anything being reported(other than dui). I just watched this guy on back to back shows claiming that edwards is disliked, horrible teamate, unliked by rex ryan, insinuated he hurt sanchez when they played together by demanding the ball. So much so he would not shut about it. He was basically screaming about it for an hour. Is there any truth to this whatsoever? Or this just another guy turning into mike fransesca? I like schein, more and more every year seems as if he is becoming a football expert with more knowledge than gms and coaches and always claims to know things that noone else does. Did any hear anything about any of the things he's claiming? I can never remeber anyone saying anything bad about him at all.

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

[​IMG]

I believe this was from his first game as a Jet ...
    [​IMG]

18. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Might as well do anything to try to get that 6th spot.

19. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Love the Braybray...woohoo

20. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

I think the exact opposite. If it fails, then Tannenbaum has lost nothing by whiffing on a waiver claim.

If he succeeds, then that doesn't somehow prove that Tannenbaum made a mistake -- Edwards has been complete dogshit for the past two years, that case is closed.

Also, a personnel move succeeding is never "even worse" than anything. It's what you're supposed to be rooting for, remember?