Braylon Edwards is a Jet, Again

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Dec 9, 2012.

1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Some of you guys need to get off Edwards nuts..
    He is a marginal player at best at this point. if the Jets dont sign him, no one will which should tell you something.

All that said, the Jets are desperate now with the Hill injury. I'd take a look, and sign him if he looks good at a workout.

2. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

Our roster is increasingly becoming comprised of other teams garbage. BE isn't that good, getting cut by Seattle, bad mouthing us, and despite all that we're drooling over him. It's really sad. He has bad hands and abad attitude to match. If we had any sense we'd steer clear of him. We aren't going anywhere this season no point getting anyone. The way this organization fumbles around for players is embarrassing.

3. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

A marginal receiver that our struggling QB clicks with is better than anything they have on the roster currently to replace Stephen Hill - who is a marginal NFl when healthy anyway.

4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

He had 900 yards receiving in 2010 with 7 TD's. Had great chemistry with Mark making him a much better QB. Get off his nuts? No. The guy made the entire team play with heart. I'll take him any day.

Some guys just don't function in other offenses. He seemed to function in ours, which was very similar to when he functioned in Cleveland.

5. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Its not 2010, its 2012 and Edwards is washed up.

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Have you seen what our WR corps looks like now? Holmes is out for the season, Hill is probably out for the season, Keller is also injured and battling an ankle sprain.

I see very little downside to picking up Braylon for a few games here. It's not like Chaz Schillens and Marty Gilyard are the future.

7. 85inthehall

vet minimum for 3 games? Not really breaking the bank

8. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

He has insider information and knows that Woody doesn't want to pay a drunk. Even though the report came out the Jets wanted to trade for him.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It's a waste of time to call for the Jets to sign Braylon. Are we forgetting he called the Jets front office "idiots"??

Not a chance in hell they sign him after those comments, especially since there are plenty of WRs out there like him...

10. 85inthehall

Who is out there because if they were out there shouldn't the jets have called a few of them by now?

11. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

according to the thejetsblog.com its impossible cause edwards is on the seahawks ir

12. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Edwards is night and day over the guys we have on our reciving core, He didn't get much playing time on the 49ers or Seattle. We used him on every down and he was great at run blocking and made alot of big plays for us including in the playoffs, He had that big catch against the Colts that lead to the game winning field goal, he had that huge catch against the Pats where he dragged two defenders in the endzone with him, He also had that big catch in that comeback win against the Texans, the list goes on and on , Who is making those type of plays for us right now???? no one

13. Sanchito6

Sanchito6 Member

I don't think it would take much tho. He would just have to do another physical with the seahawks.

14. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

I get the "who's out there, we lack any type of weapon" but I can see this FO be stubborn and not even look his way for the "idiot" comment he made.

15. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

How exactly did he make the entire team play with heart?
    this notion that Edwards is some high character heart player is completely false. Why do you think teams are cutting him mid-season?
    Why would he take a stab at the Jets FO, the only team left that might sign him, when his job was tenuous at best in Seattle? It was just stupid, and is typical of Edwards.

We also run a much different offense than 2010, so that argument is false also.
    All that said, i would give him a look to at least compete with Schilens, who has been a disappointment. I wouldn't expect too much, but the Jets are a bit desparate.
    If he turns his attitude around, and shows some flashes, can carry him into next season. there is little risk here, so it does make sense. Just temper your expectations..

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I bet this fool regrets his mess-ups after the 2010 season...Lol he lost out on so much money.

Dumbass with his DWI's

17. Sanchito6

Sanchito6 Member

I think we run our system now because of what's available. The offense looked very different when Holmes was healthy. Look at that first TD drive against Pittsburgh. Have u seen plays like that since? Whether braylon is an 'idiot' or not, it's hard to argue that he didn't get the best performances out of sanchez. 80% of the big plays you see on Sanchez highlight vids are to Braylon

18. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Agreed. No matter how much fans bitch/moan/complain there is no way Braylon Edwards is coming to the Jets. Braylon Edwards burned that bridge himself.

If Braylon was to be resigned then what stops other Jets player going off on the idiots in Jets management in the future? Braylon showed incredible stupidity & now he's stuck with the consequences.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I read somewhere that braylon went back to the seahawks IR once he cleared waivers due to a new rule. If that's true their is no way to pick him up.

20. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

We run a different offense then we did in 2010. I'd give him a look because our wide receivers suck but I wouldn't expect any real success out of him. Certainly wouldn't expect him to look like 2010 Braylon.