The Case For Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by TTTTebowAndTheJets, Dec 5, 2012.

1. JFjets

JFjets New Member

Bingo. It's not so complicated as the haters want to make it. Tebow did well in the gun with Spread formations. So play him that way. Why is that so hard to figure out? There were also at least a few games, if I recall, where they did some of that on Denver's first few drives of the game, and voila, they scored points! Then, inexplicably, they immediately went back to the plodding ground and pound, with predictable results.

2. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

No idea huh? Lol. Interesting!

Fox seems ok with passing this year...

3. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Why don't you ask the coaches. Whos job is, ya know, winning?

4. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

It's not Tebow the person. Tebow the person is awesome. It seems he hasn't let the publcitiy and money get to them. He goes out and a great guy. My football opinion is formed by his football. Is some of negativey from the way the media shapes Tebow as a football player, then yes you are probably right.

5. displacedfan

Those plays have to be made, practiced, and then used effective in practice before they even see the field. Do you get that the 10 others guys have to learn what to do and plays can be very complex and rely on repititon, timing, and execution. So your plan is to just throw a team out there that hasn't practiced this and it will work? You wonder why Peyton tried to get some receivers from Indy to join him? Chemistry needs to be there, especially QB to WR

6. JFjets

JFjets New Member

So answer me this: When it worked and Tebow did well passing the ball, moving the ball down the field and getting points in those kind of formations/plays, why on earth wouldn't you continue to do it? Why??? They did it a few times in the 1st quarter and it worked great. They did it quite a few times in the 4th quarter/OT and it worked well a lot of times. Obviously they had practiced those plays enough to make them work, WHY wouldn't you continue to do it? To argue against making more use of what was working just utterly flies in the face of logic. I don't have to "ask the coaches" or see what Tebow was like "in practice". I saw he was successful from the gun in Spread formations and it just makes 100% zero sense not to have played him more in those type formations. ZERO.

7. dusterfan

dusterfan New Member

I think he is talking about Denver running the spread through most of the game rather then the run happy offense they seemed to like. Other then that everything you said is valid.

8. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

Because they are afraid to become a laughing stock if they keep on running a system different than other professional teams. Pride of being a pro team is more important than winning games.

9. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

100% zero sense huh

I'm starting to understand why you folks don't get it

10. displacedfan

See below, miscommunication.

This, I'm talking about NY

11. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

hmmm... interesting thing is Denver is throwing the ball quite a bit this year. I wonder why?

12. JFjets

JFjets New Member

Maybe because Peyton Manning is the Offensive Coordinator?

Says the guy who probably didn't watch more than one or two of Denver's games last year, but apparently is an expert on what Tebow will or will not do in the NFL. Typical. I'm not going to waste my time trying to prove anything to you, you don't care about having a conversation, you're more interested in a monologue.

13. hutch2426

hutch2426 New Member

Yes Rex has done a great job at that winning part.

14. hutch2426

hutch2426 New Member

I raise my hand and the answer is Peyton Manning, boy you ask dumb questions.

15. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

There is a case for leaving him on the bench...

16. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Rex has gotten the Jets further than Tebow has gotten any team in the pros and I bet you think he is a "winner".

I'd take 37-29 which shows sustained ability to win over 7-4

17. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

givin the fact that tebow is not an nfl caliber qb,had he actually touched boobs he would not be as popular. what kind of men are you?

18. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

Because you cant. nice try though.

19. General Fan

General Fan New Member

His point is that trying to argue with you (someone who admittedly hates Tebow and people who root for him) is about as useful as toting ice to the north pole. It's not that it can't be done...it's that it's a waste of time.

20. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

An even better one for cutting him from the roster at the end of the season.

Some other team will pick him up, then see him throw dirt missiles all day in practice, and he'll likely spend most if not all of the following season on the bench again while the media gives him a press conference every game to talk about hs 3 plays he got to come in for.