Sanchez will start

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

word.

but it's just madness thinking they can fix sanchez at this point. the guy probably does have a future in the nfl, believe it or not. but with the jets he's toast. mentally.

2. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

A+ post.

I wish we could take an honest poll here of how many people are

1. Real Jets Fans
    2. Sanchez Fans
    3. Tebow Fans

I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of people in #2 and #3.

3. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

I watched it. I also have seen enough football to know that judging a player on one quarter is monumentally stupid.
    If the Jets saw McElroy as a legit possible future QB at this point he wouldn't be inactive again this week. Since they clearly don't see him as one it is likely he will not be resigned as they either draft or sign someone they think can either immediately or in 2014 take over for Sanchez.
    I'd love for you to find an example of a similar career 3rd string QB who was picked up by another team, but there are dozens cut every year and almost none get picked up.
    Even say Hoyer who was 2nd string behind Brady for 3 years didn't get a new job. He just got a 2 week pickup by the Steelers after their first 3 QBs all got hurt, and he'll be cut again when Rapey is healthy.
    The classic move of vastly overrating QBs who don't play is fun, but it isn't realistic.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I think it's more-so that people have become attached to Mark Sanchez and what he helped us do his first two seasons. Sanchez fans still think that guy is still on the Jets roster. That guy is long gone and has regressed to the point where he should be benched for his actions. This would be a good poll though, we'll need IP Lie Detector tests though!

5. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

How Sanchez even has anymore fans is really surprising. Some people just love to watch bad QBs apparently....

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think the last year has really shaken things up on the Sanchez front. His performance in the last month of the season in 2011 was a major regression from where he was going into that month. Up until then you could make a clear case that he was advancing significantly over 2009 and 2010. It looked like a real progression.

Then the Jets ran into 3 of the best pass rushes in the NFL right in a row and Sanchez just crumbled. He's never gotten back up from that sequence of events. The games he's played well this year are when the opponent could not or inexplicably would not (Buffalo) put the pressure on.

I saw Sanchez as a game manager with real upside potential going into last season. By the end of the year I saw him as a guy who needed really good players all around him to reach that potential. There's a huge difference between being able to do the job and requiring everything to be perfect to do the job.

Sanchez isn't a franchise QB because in order for him to get there you need to build a franchise that three quarters of the QB's in the NFL could win a Super Bowl with.

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i agree with barcs, i think sancheese will play well this week. then again i also said that last week... so time will tell.

i am interested in how the rest of the team plays for him. will they come out with that fire that they showed when mcelroy came in last week? or will they come out flatter than usual knowing that this useless piece of quarterback is back behind the center....

that would be a defining moment for marky mark. to come out and just completely have the team quit on him.

8. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

matt flynn was outstanding in one game last year and this year he got payed only to be outplayed by a rookie and being a bench warmer

stop judging mcelroy's performance based on 7 pass attempts

9. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Finally something that isn't garbage being spewed around here.

10. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Tom Brady is a future Hall of Famer, and one of the top two or three Qb's in the league, now and over the past decade. He was a sixth round pick.

No one is saying McElroy is another Tom Brady. We are just saying he showed that he is more effective than Sanchez, and that he earned a right to be given the opportunity to show what more he can do.

What he did, coming in like he did with no reps with the first team, not having a game plan for him, and the cool way he played, showed he's already more than "just a seventh round pick".

I don't know why Jet fans, real Jet fans, should be afraid of seeing what McElroy can do, but I sure get why Sanchez Fans such as yourself diss McElroy and try to cloud the issue.

11. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Seriously, did we ever doubt that this would be the call? Par for the course.

12. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

I don't mean to jump at your post, but this is just plain asinine. Look at what you wrote. Do you really REALLY think that people on this board are Sanchez fans...then Jets fans. What?! Excuse me, I meant "REAL" Jets fans. As a REAL Jets fan, i can say that starting Sangina > Elroy & TiT is [in my opinion] the right thing to do to win THIS game.

13. Big Blocker

Wilson is actually showing himself to be a real talent at Qb, and is playing at a level Sanchez could only dream of, so there's a big problem with your comparison to the situation in Seattle.

All I have judged as I said above about McElroy is that he deserves a chance to show what else he can do, and that he played better than Sanchez has been for quite some time.

14. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

There are plenty of people on this board who seem to care more about Sanchez than the Jets. Just as there are plenty of people on this board who care more about Tebow than the Jets. If you are blind to this then I don't know what to tell you.

15. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

again you're judging a qb w/ a small sample. just like everyone who's saying rg 3 and luck are the next big things in the nfl...this was the same reaction to cam newton last year...what the heck has cam done this year? everyone just wants to jump on the flavor of the week instead of letting things progress and see results over time.

yes the results over time for sanchez hasn't been great as of late but i wanna see how he comes back from the benching the next few games.

31 other teams passed on greg so all the scouts must be terrible for not informing their team to draft him. yes brady was drafted late in the 6th round and i am not trying to get into ifs/buts, but if bledsoe doesn't get hurt, u think brady would've even sniffed the field? most likely not. that situation was once in a life time event which isn't going to occur again in short period of time.

16. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

I don't agree with rex making the call this early (wednesday). I honestly think he should have waited until saturday to see how sanchez has responded in practice and in the film room.

Sanchez should have a good game, but if he shits the bed against the lowly jags, we have to go to McElroy/Tebow.

17. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

LT made the same point you made (about deciding so early). Mark is, once again, being cuddled by the organization. Haven't they realized it DOES NOT work?

Hopefully if he underperforms in the first half they'll put McElroy/Tebow in after half-time.

18. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

"On the Seventh Day the Lord said "This team's fucked anyway..... why not"

Rise my son"

[​IMG]

19. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

This post just pissed me off. There are no jets fans that care more about the success of sanchez over the success if the franchise. There just aren't. There are fans who want this team to be successful, but are hoping that it happens with sanchez. Nobody wants to sit through another four years of growing pains. Once you start fresh with a new QB, you go back into the development process. Who is to say the next guy isn't going to be worse? You're clueless in thinking that the next guy is always going to be better than the former.

With that said, Sanchez should start thus game and should be benched if he plays poorly, especially against the jags.

20. Big Blocker

I don't see the point of discussing this with you if you insist on saying that we know nothing more about McElroy than that he was a seventh round pick. We clearly know a lot more about him now than that.

As for your "point" about Brady, I don't know what you are trying to say, and doubt that you do, either. The point was that Brady was far far better than he was drafted at.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.