Sanchez will start

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

McElroy is a scrub, I'm 80-90% sure he's out of the league next year. one mediocre drive doesn't earn him the start. Sanchez will start because he's going to be on the team next year, and he was only a below average QB the last 3 years, rather than terrible. They are trying to let him play out of it, like a baseball player in a slump, so he can go back to being moderately bad next year while they desperately search for a legit QB in the draft or FA.

2. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

why is he a clown? why do you have to call him that?

3. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

One, I thought deathstar the Dolphin fan was banned. Tannehill has been playing like Sanchez in recent weeks.

And 2, it wouldn't suprise me at all to see McElroy to be inactive again, damn shame, he played well enough to be active.

4. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I heard many of them are not coming to the game, they are fed up at the Jets.

5. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

You should apply to be a Jets scout.

6. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

What a clown post bro! How about if McElroy is on this team next year, you never show your face on TGG again? Sounds like a good bet to me.

7. savateur

savateur New Member

Jets will win next game, Sanchez will start for the rest of the season, and the next one too, with Ryan, Tanny and Sparano all in the same spot, nothing will change. And we'll be here discussing how bad Sanchez is playing (because he's terrible) and hoping for a change....

I'm depressed !!

8. jcluttrell

jcluttrell New Member

That would be awesome as I'll be at the game.

9. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

that money's already been spent. What about the rest of the money to be spent on the roster next year? The Jets are gonna waste all that money, too, just because of Sanchez's contract? What about lost concession sales, perhaps even lost parking income? Perhaps even unsold seats next season?

Add it all up, and if Mark Sanchez comes back next year as the starting Qb without any competition, it will cost the Jet organization more than the dollar amount of Sanchez's contract, to be sure, and again, taht money has already been spent.

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Lol - even better!

11. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Sanchez will have a career day on Sunday. Think about it. The circumstances are perfect. They have one of the worst defenses in the league. Other below average defenses that we have faced have been the Bills, the Colts and the Pats. We almost beat the Pats in the first game and blew out the Bills and Colts. Miami's defense is mediocre as is the Rams. The Cards defense is the only top 10 defense we've beaten this year. Jacksonville also has a weak offense, especially with no Jones-Drew, which means more than likely there will be multiple short field situations for Sanchez. He generally does pretty well against bad defenses, so this is the perfect game for him to get his rhythm and confidence back. Sanchez will have a career game or close to it. Yes it's a gut feeling, but it makes sense based on the past. And next week we face the Titans, another terrible defense. The stars are aligning for Sanchez right now. He will break out of the funk and justify his role as the starter. Bad defense + extra motivation after the benching = Sanchez winning. I say he lights it up the next 2 weeks and stays the starter.

#391 Barcs, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

McElroy is a typical Jets scrub at the moment. Not enough talent to get on the field and yet just a tough snap for the Jets away from being thrust into a big role.

He'd be one of the guys you'd think was going to wind up coaching in a few years except that he's one of the guys who will probably be a VP in some company by then instead.

13. jcluttrell

jcluttrell New Member

You might be on to something.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets...dji7ifu2LjkUL?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Jets

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jaguars are useless as a defining moment for anybody. They're that bad on defense.

Here's the choice Rex faced in a nutshell:

1. Start Greg McElroy and watch him have a decent game but nothing more than that. Watch the momentum build to keep a weak QB in as the starter going into the off-season.

2. Start Tim Tebow and completely change the offense around, all of that against one of the weakest defenses in the league. Watch the momentum build to keep a weak QB in as the starter going into the off-season.

3. Start Mark Sanchez and watch him have at least a decent game. Preserve the status quo and go into the off-season trying to figure out what to do at QB moving forward.

That's an easy choice to make if you don't like any of your options at QB right now.

Now, if Sanchez sucks and gets benched again, well then he's got a problem but it's not worse than the first two options above.

15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

While they do have a shitty defense, they were without Mathis & Lowery in the secondary for an extended period (5+games).... they're back now, so their secondary shouldn't be as bad. Still, if Sanchez is shitting the bed by halftime of this game, adios. I'll even be chanting TE-BOW

16. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I think it's fair (albiet an unpopular decision) to start Sanchez. He was the QB so let him get a chance to see if he bounces back from the benching. If not then you can always go back to McElroy. At least now, Sanchez knows that Rex wont hesitate to bench him for poor play.

17. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

It is common sense, his contract is over, he was a 7th rounder with subpar physical skills, he's never made it past 3rd string and they have 2 QBs already on the roster next year, neither of whom they want to start. 3rd stringers get cut at the end of their rookie deals all the time, and few get picked up by other teams, those that do were usually mid-round picks that another team thinks they can get more out of.
    He'll bounce around to a few practice squads like Brett Ratliff, but there is no reason to think he'll be on the Jets or any other team's active roster next year based on past QBs with similar profiles.

18. Barcs

Barcs Banned

But they are the perfect team for Mark to get his confidence back against. That coupled with the fact that we play the Titans, another terrible defense next week. These 2 games obviously won't be a defining moment, but they could be 2 very important stepping stones in snapping Sanchez out of his funk. If he carves up Jacksonville and then Tennessee next week, we'll go into a tough defensive game (Chargers) with a fighting chance and a new Mark Sanchez (hopefully). I'm sure this is exactly what Rex is thinking and the reason he decided to stick with Mark. This is his last chance, but the choice to start him by Rex is a good one. You don't just bench a guy and then keep him locked away. You use it as a motivational tool.

19. Big Blocker

I don't recall Brett Ratliff ever winning a game for the Jets that the starting Qb had done everything he could to win it for the other team.

I also question whether you saw the Cards game. Assuming you didn't, you missed seeing McElroy win the game with the same roster on O that all the Sanchez Fans blame for his ineptness. You missed that he had confidence, and ran the O very well. He showed pocket awareness, and ran the O with efficiency. And, he did not turn the ball over.

You can learn a lot watching the games.

20. Big Blocker

It seems to me that one of Sanchez's big issues is lack of confidence. It makes his timing even worse.

How does benching a guy make his confidence better?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.