Politi: Rex has morphed into just another coach

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MurrellMartin, Dec 6, 2012.

1. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/politi/index.ssf/2012/12/politi_mark_sanchez.html

Probably the best article I've read this year.

2. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Fully agree. Rex has become a joke of a human being. That said being in NY makes it this much harder...

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Pete Carrolls and Seattle have a better record than us by 2 games, let's see pete win 2 playoff games w/ Wilson this year IF they make it.

People are acting like we have 1 win, let me know when Pete has to deal w/ losing his best players on O and D a week apart.

4. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Of course that's all you got from this.

Nevermind the fact Seattle has actually beaten, you know, some GOOD TEAMS!? We beat Indianapolis, who's lone "impressive" road win this season was against four win Detroit. Seattle has defeated New England, Green Bay and Chicago.

5. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I agree with this article. Although I'm a Tebow fan and would have liked to see him replace Sanchez, coupled with the fact that I don't think McElroy's performance was that great... I still think Rex should have started another QB, whether it was McElroy or Tebow.

Given that McElroy seems to have the fanbase's support after the win last week, why not give McElroy a shot? He obviously wants none of Tebow, so put in Greg. Sanchez can wait another week... he'll be alright.

Rex Ryan is acting insane with his love for Sanchez, and I think his job is in jeopardy because of it. Even more puzzling is that he won't even demote Tebow to QB3... a move that wouldn't even get him in hot water. This was his perfect chance to demote Tebow without receiving as much backlash because of McElroy's sudden popularity with the fans. But by reinstating Sanchez as the starter, and putting Tebow back at QB2, Rex has done absolutely nothing in time when the Jets need bold action... sort of like what he did last week.

I don't really care anymore about Tebow's prospect of getting a start with the Jets, he's pretty much done in NY. Time for the Jets to look towards their future.

6. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

That's hilarious coming from you.

7. Ted

Ted Member

Ironic how you bragged that at 8-8 the Jets finsished 2 games better then the 6-10 Dolphins last season making the Jets the superior team. :rofl:

#7 Ted, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  8. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

lol @ greenbay

9. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Even without the play at the end, Seattle gave GB all they wanted in that game.

10. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Same old Sanchez. I like that.

11. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

If you say so, but to set the record straight I never said anything to the effect of Tebow must start for the Jets. I would like to see him start because I am a fan of his, but as you can see from what I just posted I am not whining about McElroy getting a shot. I think that Sanchez has not done well for the Jets this year and there should be a change, regardless of who it is. Sure I'd like to see Tebow in there to see if he can spark the team, but if not, so be it. Try McElroy.

I have been very reasonable, you may be confusing me with someone else.

12. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

lol @ the fact that the Jets would even be superior to the Dolphins right now.

And btw that's a sweet helmet in your av, it would be neat to see all teams use that style as like an "alternate" helmet.

13. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

SOS for SOJ

14. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Sanchez, McElroy who gives a shit? McElroy is small and has no arm, he was drafted in the 7th round. His ceiling is to be a #2 in the NFL and eek out a living.

This team has problems, especially at QB but none are solvable with the current roster as its constructed. I would go back to Sanchez too, he should eat the Jags alive on Sunday. It's against good defenses where he really struggles.

15. Barcs

Barcs Banned

LOL. Worst article I've ever seen. Yeah, he's just another guy that put our defense in the top 10 and went to back to back AFC title games. Rex the is best coach the Jets have ever had. :rofl: at the unjustified hate on here for him. Beat writers are just butt hurt that Tebow hasn't started yet. That's all they've wanted since day one.

16. NYCKNP

NYCKNP Member

That article made no sense at all

17. nyjunc

awesome for them but Pete has been in Seattle 3 years and only has 1 playoff app(as a 7-9 team), Rex started a rookie and made the title game but now b/c the Jets are struggling and Seattle is slightly better Pete is great and Rex sucks. I can't stand this line of thinking, I hate the what have you done for me lately attitude. Rex has 5 wins, pete 7. we act like rex has led us to 3-13 for 3 straight years, it's ridiculous.

18. nyjunc

I didn't brag, just stated a fact. I always hear from your fellow phin fans how Miami will be better than us and every yar you finish behind us. I don't brag about anything especially not an 8-8 season, I just state facts.

19. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

What a retarded article? So if Rex was brash as fuck like he used to be the papers would be shitting on how he's such a loudmouth and asshole etc. So now he toned down like everyone wanted him to and he still gets bashed? What the fuck, man? The media is such bullshit and the fans who follow their lead on this shit is just as stupid.

I like Rex as a coach and I want him to be here for a while, regardless of the GM switch that will occur. He has had much success here and the people who keep comparing him to Kotite are fucking CLUELESS. Sunday is going to be the last game Sanchez plays for this team if he sucks balls, so I think it's a good choice to start him.

20. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

when he talked a lot they complained, now he toned it down and they still complain. they dont know what they want.