Tebow will be #2 if healthy.

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Organized Chaos, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Sanchez had is worst game of the seasons against the Cards. The same Cards D that made Matt Ryan and Tom Brady look like garbage. Too bad their QB is worse. Also the NFL is unfair, and life is unfair, GET OVER IT.

Still, all the Tebots want Tebow starting and yet they forget that Sanchez has 8.25 MILLION gauarranteed next year. Pretty much unless Sanchez really shits the bed he is starting period.

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The Jets are coming off their bye at 3-5 desperately needing a win @Seattle to stay in the playoff hunt and Sanchez is laying a complete egg the entire game. Why not put the backup QB in to see if he can give you a spark and help save the season?

3. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

I think the Seattle game was when Tebow broke his ribs.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The Jets medical staff treated him with ice after the game because they thought he was just sore and he played on the punt team in St. Louis the following week. I highly doubt that was the reason ... as you already pointed out there are also a number of other games where Sanchez played like a piece of shit and we never saw Tebow.

5. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Honestly, the Zona game was the worst and the game was still in balence.

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

so with the game still winable rex is willing to turn to the 3rd string qb

but in garbage time of a blowout loss doesn't give tim any snaps

interesting

7. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Because it would cause a shitstorm in the media. Actually any QB replaced in a blowout loss will cause a shitstorm.

8. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

When in reality it should be expected. A goaltender in hockey will get replaced if he lets up 3-4 goals, why can't a QB get replaced when they're losing 34-0.

9. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Because it is Tebow we are talking about. Still Sanchez should have been pulled at the end of the game because the is the Jets Franshise QB you know. And Sanchez is fragile psyche remember.

10. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

If the Jets acquired Tom Brady and made him play linebacker, would you say he is not a QB, or would you say he is a QB being asked to play LB?

***using Brady as an example, not suggesting Tebow is anywhere close to Brady as a QB, before anyone suggests that I am***

11. FJF

this. if we kept drew stanton,bringing him in for mop up duty is no big deal. just the usual qb controversey you get with a struggling team.but with tebow,it's national news and a media frenzy.this is why 30 teams want nothing to do with tebow. we took him as a publicity stunt and the jags were interested for the bump in ticket sales.

i bet rex thanked god when he heard timmy couldn't go last week. it was the first game he could coach without having to worry about what to do with tebow

12. FJF

bad analogy.brady has the skillset to play qb.

13. catsigater

catsigater New Member

I want Tebow starting, but I don't think he "deserves" to start. That's up to management.

I said all along, the only way Tebow starts is when two conditions are satisfied...

1. The Jets must be mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, and

2. Sanchez play has to be a big part of why 1 is the case.

Now, I think they'll probably split time with Tebow and McElroy if that happens. I don't think the Jets believe either is a serious candidate to be their #1 QB.

14. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Oh, I agree. There were plenty of times when Sanchez SHOULD have been benched. That wasn't the point.

What it comes down to is that Sanchez wasn't getting benched until Rex had finally had enough and made the decision to bench him.

If you will, it's like us sitting on the outside talking about a woman who kept getting beaten by her husband. We can agree that she should have left, but she kept staying there, right up until she finally decided to leave.

LTJF is claiming that Rex would have pulled Sanchez earlier, and that he didn't, NOT because he wasn't ready to, but because he didn't want to put Tebow in at QB because he doesn't have faith in him.

To disprove his claim, I pointed out that even after all the shitty games Sanchez had previously, and with McElroy being active and standing right there on the sideline, Rex DID NOT bench Sanchez after the first INT. He DID NOT bench Sanchez after the second INT. He DID NOT bench Sanchez after the third INT of the first half !

Clearly, AT THAT POINT, again, even after all the other shit games, Rex was NOT READY TO BENCH SANCHEZ NO MATTER WHO THE BACKUP WAS.

Then, the second half starts and Sanchez fucks up and throws what should have been ANOTHER INT, yet Rex still stood by him.

Again, belaboring the hell out of the point, Sanchez already had all the shitty games in the past, now he's had 3 INTS in the first half and another ball that should have been picked off, and what did Rex do ? He LEFT HIM IN THE GAME.

Has the point gotten across that the very fact that Rex left Sanchez in the AZ game even after he had thrown 3 ints disproves the notion that the reason Rex didn't bench Sanchez previously was because he didn't want Tebow in at QB?

REX HADN'T REACHED THE POINT WHERE HE WAS READY TO BENCH SANCHEZ.

He didn't reach that point until Sanchez threw what should have been his 5th freaking pick of the game. THEN AND ONLY THEN, did Rex finally decide to bench Sanchez.

#94 Demosthenes9, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  15. danangmarine68

danangmarine68 New Member

That's the way I see it. It's like the 2X4 of enlightenment finally smacked Rex right between the running lights.

16. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

So long as he's playing at Linebacker he's a Linebacker.

17. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

That kinda lends credence to what some are saying abput Rex deliberately avoiding going to Tebow, doesn't it? won't go to the backup in a blowout loss, but goes to a different backup with a game on the line when the guy being avoided just so happens to be injured...

Yeah, it looks that way to me too.

18. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I don't think so -- Rex pulled Mark Sanchez in order to try and win a winnable game. His decision was successful.

There's nothing inconsistent between that decision, and resisting the move to put in a backup in a blowout loss or win.

If anything, there is a perfect consistency between the decisions -- he doesn't prefer to stoke the fire by pulling Sanchez when all is lost, but will pull him if he thinks he has no other choice but to try and win a ballgame.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Sanchez didn't throw another near INT when he was pulled. He had a ball batted down on 3rd down of a 3 and out. The 3rd INT was just a great play by the defender.

The offense wasn't getting the job done, like it hadn't many times this year and Rex finally pulled the starter. The ONLY GAME ALL YEAR where Tebow was unavailable.

I know, I know. Just a weird coincidence in Teboi land. You have to wear a tin foil hat to see it.

You guys are awesome.

20. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

...and that choice just happened to come at the ONE time that Tebow wasn't available.

I dunno, looking at the jets this year and the behavior or Rex toward Tebow this year... how could anyone come to the conclusion tha Rex ISN'T deliberately avoiding using Tebow at starting QB.