Sanchez will start

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is certainly plausible. But here's the good news: If he plays worse the Jets will have a new starting QB by the start of next year. Woody is enamored w/ the QB position...he will not stand for subpar play.

It's painful to give Sanchez another shot at this point..but the Jets have to see this through.

2. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

If he plays worse, that makes inserting McElroy for Jacksonville and starting him against Tennessee a lot easier.

Deliciously Machiavellian of him, if I do say so myself.

3. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Hopefully, we can rush for 200+ against the Jags and Sanchez only has to throw 15 times.

Hey Elway told Tebow to pull the trigger after Tebow played like garbage and turning the ball over many times against the KC Chiefs. What happened, he played well against the Steelers. Hopefully Sanchez doesn't play like garbage.

4. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

RIP RIPJimLeonard and McElroy's potential HOF career. Thanks for coming out.:rofl:

5. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

This caption reminds me of the picture earlier:

[​IMG]

6. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Maybe Sparano can get some use out of the buzzer he used to use in practice with Chad Henne. Don't get rid of the ball quickly enough? BZZZZ

7. RutgersJET

RutgersJET Member

Rex, I hope you know what you're doing.

8. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

9. SoulFood

SoulFood Active Member

10. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

I was actually going to write a disclaimer that I generally ignore bleacher report...but this analysis is actually supported by visual evidence.

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I think I see the wisdom in starting Sanchez this week.

With 4 winnable games on tap and a SLIM chance of making the playoffs, you have to agree that Mark (with his playoff experience, 4 road wins in 2 years, 2 championship games, a history of playing MUCH better in the playoffs than in regular season) would be the better choice than McElroy.

That being said, if we lose another game and we are out of the race, McElroy will get the remainder of the snaps for reasons already discussed.

But as long as there is even a slim shot at the PO's, you almost have to go with Mark.

12. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

That question was answered today as a resounding NO.

Absolutely, totally, disagree 100%. The way I see it is that since the Jets have a very outside chance of making the playoffs this year if they win out, they need to be starting anybody BUT Sanchez, who gives them no chance to win. A very serious argument could be made that if the Jets never had an offensive possession, and just immediately punted any time they got the ball on offense, they would do better then having Sanchez play at QB - at least they wouldn't have any turnovers or embarrassing ass fumbles.

#313 Frenbar, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  13. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Although this is completely expected, it is still highly disappointing.

I think Rex just wrote his ticket out of a job.

14. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Because it will make him never want to get benched again. It might make him take a deeper look at himself and go back to the fundamentals. It's basically a wake up call for him. Hopefully he'll answer, but your guess is as good as mine.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I can buy that it will make him take a deeper look at himself and it's a wake up call and all that good stuff. What I won't buy is that this somehow gives him more confidence.

16. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Rex and Sanchez have proven that they can back into the playoffs by beating bad teams and teams that have nothing to play for.

The reason these two guys still have a job is that's the one thing they were good at. Rex is doing the right thing starting Sanchez, it's his best shot of backing in and shutting everyone up who want him out.

17. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

This was a horrible decision by Rex but it doesn't matter at this point we aren't making the playoffs and won't have a meaningful game until 2013 he shoulda started Mclroy though

18. Barcs

Barcs Banned

That's false. Sanchez led us to at least 4 comeback wins in 2010 and posted the #6th best QB rating in post season HISTORY. I agree we had more talent then, which is part of the reason he's been struggling. The other part is him getting easily tricked and baited into making bad throws when his confidence is shaky. It's definitely on Mark, but it's not just on Mark.

You know what I just thought? Remember the anonymous sources that allegedly said Tebow was terrible? Wouldn't be hilarious if one of them was McElroy?

#319 Barcs, Dec 5, 2012
  19. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Funny that you mention that, I think they were using that in training camp. I remember that one of the big focuses for Mark in TC this year was getting rid of the ball quicker. Hopefully they are still using it :)

#320 Barcs, Dec 5, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.