Sanchez will start

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewYorkEveryThing

Yeah. Just play him against week teams on the road? Then what?

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

very different situations. Warner was a small college guy who joined a SL team w/ elite offensive weapons around him. Brady was undervalued b/c of the Drew Henson nonsense that happened while at UM.

Could McElroy have a good starting career? sure but wouldn't the guiys that watch him every day in practice have a better idea if he is ready than fans that just want anyone but Mark Sanchez?

3. nyjunc

like when he nearly led us back from 24-0 down against a MUCH better Pitt D in the '10 title game?

4. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

But he didn't catch it and it was PI. It is funny to see you pick and choose when you care about the details. But I'm sure you aren't biased or anything

5. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

Lol you really think Sanchez and USC would have beaten Florida or Oklahoma in the BCS title game?

And fantastic, he and the team brought us to two AFCCGs. But guess what, he hasn't improved since 2009 and its very much showing now. Sure he has lack of talent around him, but lack of talent doesn't excuse you from making stupid decisions before you throw the ball.

6. nyjunc

but he set it up by extending the play. you cannot possibly think the situations are the same.

I am biased, we are all biased- what's the point?

Absolutely Oklahoma, great shot against UF. They were probably the best team in '08 if not for a teribble start at OSU and sanchez would have made the difference btw mediocrity and greatness in 2009. You couldn't expect a freshman to do what an experienced Mark could have done.

his best year was 2010 so how hasn't he improved since 2009?

7. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

They gotta pay the guy a shit load of money. Of course there gonna give him the start.

8. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Ah yes...another "but".

"But" Mcelroy set up his PIs by throwing the ball to open receivers. He gets no credit from you for that.

It is pretty clear you are the type to reach your conclusion and then go searching for facts to support it instead of the other way around.

9. Barcs

Barcs Banned

That's a very good point. Normally you think, you get benched because you suck. I think it's more of a motivational thing. Prior he didn't seem to have confidence in his WRs, his line or himself. He was Mr happy feet and it got him into trouble. I think benching him could motivate him, and with motivation, confidence can be a byproduct. I just hope it works. Sanchez has been bad this year. I feel like this game will be his last chance. If he fucks up or throws an early pick, it's over. Jacksonville's D is so much worse than the Cardinals D and Sanchez generally plays well against weak defenses. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

#269 Barcs, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  10. I Am The Stig

Because its 2012 and he regressed in 2011. Sanchez also still makes the same mistakes as he did when he was a rookie.

Edit: not even, he had a solid rushing attack and had Edwards and Holmes as his receivers in 2010 so no, I will stick with he hasn't improved at all.

#270 I Am The Stig, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  11. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

He got outplayed by freaking Lindley.

A 7th round draft pick outplayed him.

That's regression.

12. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Lindley couldnt outplay my grandmother!

13. jcluttrell

jcluttrell New Member

Just pointing out that Nacho doesn't tend to have a great start. Though, I'm sure, I could cherry pick and show quite the opposite too. :breakdance:

14. Barcs

Barcs Banned

FYI, the Cardinals D is ranked 3rd in the league against the pass. Jets are #4. QBs don't go against each other, they go against the opposing D and both Ds are top notch against the pass.

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The money has already been spent. Having spent it does not obligate Ryan to flush the rest of the season down the toilet.

This is all about Ryan and Tanny staying with Mark with the slim hope he will improve enough to justify their supporting him and throwing all that ridiculous amount of money his way.

16. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

And that is why he is getting benched for Skelton this week.

17. I Am The Stig

Wisenhunt for Rex pls.

18. NewYorkEveryThing

That was a gift that he kept lindley in. If mark stayed in the game. We would have lost. So if we lost last week by rex keeping sancho in. Would he be starting this week? So he is starting because our backup came in and turned the game completely around. That's fair?

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I don't think motivation was ever the problem so I don't think he'll become more motivated because of this. I also think it's unlikely that confidence is a by product of being more motivated but that's irrelevant since I doubt this increases motivation.

Basically I think it's crazy to think this has any positive impact on his confidence. Getting benched feels like shit and makes you question your ability it doesn't make you suddenly think you're better than you did before the benching. Why would it?

20. nyjunc

he had one PI where he threw the ball up for grabs and that wasn't on the TD drive. The penalty on the TD drive was a late hit on McElroy which I'm sure he set up.

It is pretty clear I see things realistically and you are reaching. McElroy did his job but but to compare the Den game 2 years ago to this game is just silly.

You said he has regressed since 2009, you want to say since '10 I can buy it but 2010 was by far his best year and the run game was ok in 2010 and Holmes missed 4 games while Cotch missed a bunch of others- people forget that.

How did Lindley outplay him? Sanchez had us in position to kick a very makeable FG, Lindley never did that. Both ste up Fgs after TOs/fake punt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.