Sanchez will start

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Obviously anything is possible, but I think it's much more likely sanchez reverts to form. The Jaguars may be 2-10 but they are not brain dead. They, like the rest of the league, has seen what happens once you hit Sanchez. You can be sure they will be find a way to hit him early, and Sanchez will continue his dog shit play.

They say fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Well this is fool me 100x. If you haven't, 100% and without a doubt, established that Mark Sanchez is dog shit by now, no amount of bad play will convince you of this fact. You are incapable of making rational judgements. Unfortunately this includes Rex Ryan.

2. FlightBoys

FlightBoys Member

Obviously reason #1 Mark is playing is because of the contract

But, I do think this is a good thing he is playing. He knows this is his last chance, and MAYBE this can start a turnaround. Considering we are playing the Jaguars, it shouldnt be an issue if he plays like shit because there is no excuse for the defense to let this game get out of hand so whoever comes in to relieve Mark has a great chance of winning the game. This is a win-win for the fans and Rex because regardless of how Mark plays, I think we still win with or without him, and who knows maybe we might see a new Nacho.

3. NewYorkEveryThing

C'mon junc. Now you have been watching the same garbage from sanchez all season and we should have lost last week. If not for our backup. McElroy. If G mac was a first rounder making sanchez money and sanchez was the 7th rounder making the league minimum. Would you be asking for sanchez to play the way he has already been playing the past 2 years?

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

His #s are nothing like Jamarcus Russell, do any of you guys even watch football?

5. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Lol. Not even New York believes...

[​IMG]

6. nyjunc

McElroy didn't do much outside of providing the Stadium w/ a jolt of energy. mark has played poorly early before and led us to late game comebacks before. Would he have done it Sunday? we don't know, I don't think so, I agree w/ benching him but the right move is to go back to him.

If McElroy was a 1st rounder he'd be starting somewhere, he was a 7th rounder for a reason and great handoffs and penalties from last week doesn't change that.

7. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

What do you do if he fucks things up against Jacksonville?

Do you mollycoddle him some more? Get him some diapers? Maybe a baby bottle?

McElroy won the game. I know you wanted your boy to win sooooooo badly, but he didn't. But hey, don't give the guy any credit.

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Gotta love New York haha

9. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

This just says it all.

If Sanchez doesn't use stuff like this as motivation and comes out as his old 3 & out self on Sunday, he should just give up for good.

10. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

"Egg-cellent" Montgomery Burns

11. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

The only reason Sanchez was a first rounder in the first place was because he took advantage of not playing his next season in case he sucked. Had he stayed his senior year he might have dropped past the first round.

Pete Carroll even said Sanchez shouldn't enter the draft and its fucking embarrassing that Carroll made Sanchez eat those words a couple weeks ago.

#251 I Am The Stig, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  12. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Oh right but when Sanchez lobs it up in Denver and gets a PI that's a great play right?

:breakdance:

13. NewYorkEveryThing

Ok, How about this one question. What if we we playing a better team with a better

defense, Would sanchez start? And if he does start, What happens when he does what he

been doing all year? How is rex gonna give him what. His fourth or fifth chance?

A backup came in last week and did what mark was supposed to do. Control the tempo and come away with a couple of nice drives. Not 5 tds or 300 yds passing (Like he ever did that before). But to just beat a team that has the worse QB anyone has seen in years. He could not even out play Lindly!

14. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

15. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

I doubt the Jets lose this game and Sanchez is almost guaranteed to have a bounce back game. it's good defenses Sanchez really struggles against.

16. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

So...what happens when we play good defenses, should we expect to lose? Thats why this game doesn't mean shit if he tears it up.

17. nyjunc

he'll get the hook again if he struggles.

McElroy didn't win the game, he led one drive where the majorty of our yds came on runs and penalties. He gave the stadium and team a jolt of energy, that's the best thing he did. I look forward to him being mark's backup for many years to come.

I want to win, I don't care who i sunder C but I know the best chance to win is w/ Mark.

if he wnet back to USC they would have won a nat'l title and he would have gone higher. pete didn't want him to leave for selfish reasons, he knew he wasn't winning in it all in 2009 w/o him.

Sanchez already proved those words wrong by helping us get to TWO title games.

you mean when mark scrambled, kept a play a live and gave his WR a chance to catch a big pass? the pass that despite his facemask being pulled at the time Holmes got both hands ont he ball and nearly caught it. You think that's the same thing as what we saw Sunday? really?

18. Jetnut

Jetnut Member

Curt Warner and Tom Brady were also late rounders that no one expected anything from, how did they turn out?

19. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Sanchez basically quit against SF and Pitt, I mean threw in the towel, and was benched against the Cardinals so yeah I would say historically we can expect a pretty poor performance from Sanchez against top defenses.

20. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

i realize the jags record is underwhelming...but their offense has been pretty effective since henne took over (can't believe i just said that).

If Shorts doesn't play I feel a lot better about this game...Shorts has been a nice find for them this year, Blackmon has emerged and Lewis is coming around again. Reality is, their offense is 100x better than ours at the present moment.

Don't totally write off the Jags offense because it would be a mistake.

Their defense is another story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.