Sanchez will start

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

I think putting him back in after benching might have.

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

This is pretty much the way i see it. It's not about who is the best player to start. It's about personal agendas.

Tanny has a history of not admitting mistakes and of screwing people. Go all the way back to the Kendall situation. Does anyone really think that Tanny didn't say exactly what Kendall claimed, that they had a deal and Tanny went back on it? And despite that he had no plan B to replace Kendall. Did Tanny ever take the fall for that?

Or when 07 went to shit and Mangini got one more chance, and they hired Favre and the expectations were so high, who got shitcanned when they missed the playoffs again? Not Tanny.

Tanny picks VD and he turns out to be a project. The OL coach says he doesn't want to play VD, but "higher ups" are forcing him to. Tanny is all over that, too, not wanting to admit that VD was a bad pick.

Worst of all is the contract extension for Sanchez this past year. The excuse was offered that they needed the cap space. And exactly what wonderous things did the FO do with that cap space in terms of the roster? Meanwhile Sanchez is guaranteed next year. Did Sanchez last year play like he deserved an extension? Does he deserve to be the starter next year?

Tanny is ruining this franchise, or more accuratelyl it is already ruined.

Each new report from these clowns is another new low from them. I hate these guys for ruining my team.

3. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

my first choice would be to have tebow or mcelroy start. but...

if sanchez is starting, i'd like to see the coaching staff completely give him the reins. i always think he's over-thinking and getting too much guidance. (it could be he just makes it look that way).
    but, just once, i'd like to see him run the game his way. he may fall right on his face. and i'm no sanchez fan. but just once i'd like to see the guy without any shackles.

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

you know that saying they say from a few years ago...Same Old Jets

5. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

We should be rooting for him because the quickest way for us to improve and be better off next year is for him to get better. Its the one thing that makes life easier for us as a team and franchise. Unfortunately there is a 99% chance it won't happen but ill be hoping it does.

6. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

i agree to that point but we can't gauge sanchez if he only has 15 attempts and we run the ball 40x...know what i mean?

7. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Depends. If 1 of those 15 attempts is a pass like the INT he threw against Seattle at the goal line, that's would tell us something.

It's looking at the details of each play at a pretty minute level. Did he identify the coverages ? Did he choose the right target ? Did he pass the ball on time ? Was he on target >?

In short, no matter what, the game against Jax won't "win" him the starting job next year as he can't show enough against them to do that, no matter how many passes he throws.

BUT, it can lose the gig for him completely. If he continues to do the same shit, it's over. Pull the plug. Throw Tebow or McElroy in there and start trying to figure out what to do about next year.

8. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I agree...

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

If Rex did not go back Sanchez, there would always be doubt in his mind going into the off season. Now, if Sanchez sucks once again, that' it, no more doubt. He gave the kid another chance and he failed against some crappy opponents. We ain't going no where with either QB, so lets resolve the Sanchez issue in 2012. If he does good, then he's on the team next year and faces a challenge with a new QB

10. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

This is a no-brainer for Rex, Jacksonville is terrible and I expect a 250 yard 2 TD for Sanchez. If you can't rebound against Jacksonville then Sanchez needs to pack it in for the remainder of the season.

Also people forget that McElroy is 3rd on the depth chart so if available it would be Tebow coming in.

For Rex to completely sit Sanchez, piss away 8.5 million and close the door on what was thought to be our franchise QB for a guy drafted 7th with no arm and 5 NFL completions is a lot to ask.

11. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Wherever Jason Babin is, I bet he's ecstatic

12. matt robinson 17

Babin can do what JJ Watts did just stand there and knock down 6 of his passes

13. NewYorkEveryThing

Disgusting.They are still in the playoff race and rex is gonna do this. Why?

Because he knows they are not home this week for the fans to kill him.

I really thought sanchez was done. I guess money talks and M.S. is getting a whole lot of it. Keep the circus alive rex.

14. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

After this, I've officially had it with Rex. It doesn't matter how much he understands the defensive X's and O's. If he doesn't have the basic common sense to know that Sanchez should not play, he should not be head coach.

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Wonder if he really is going to give Sanchez time in this game if he struggles after two series of play

16. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

well lets hope he can clear up some mistakes in a week's time.

17. matt robinson 17

Money talks is right

18. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Hell no. Rex made a stupid gamble with this decision.

He must have a horseshoe up his ass or something. ANY other QB in the world would have been benched by now.

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

First off we aren't really in the playoff race and 2nd this gives us the best chance to win now and for the future.

20. NewYorkEveryThing

So i guess playing time is not performance based? Because of all the money he makes. His stats are similar to j. russell. So if we have the same type of player as russell, Then start him because he is the highest paid guy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.