Tebow will be #2 if healthy.

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Organized Chaos, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

This has got to a a wind-up - surely???

2. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

The "if healthy" line gives Ryan some flexibility in that it allows him to either deactivate Tebow or justifiably activate all 3 quarterbacks. If Sanchez is pulled or injured, Ryan can put McElroy into the game and say that they only felt comfortable playing Tebow on a situational basis until he's 100%. I'd be surprised if McElroy isn't the immediate backup...even if the Jets won't come out and say it.

3. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

That rule has been changed AFAIK. You can put them in and out as you please.

4. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Jets gonna jets

5. JJBagoose

JJBagoose Active Member

McElroy was the only reason I wanted to watch this game.

I'm sick of this team. (or at least management/coaching staff)

6. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Perhaps, but I was watching a game a couple weeks ago and the announcers where talking about a "QB what if" and they said you couldn't go back. You may be right, maybe they don't know either.

7. Jett

Jett Member

Makes no sense. Greg should be #2 if not #1. There is no real way to hop over tebow if mark sucks.

8. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Here ya go. It was before last season.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...arterback-rule-46-active-players-on-game-day/

9. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

If it was a Jets game that you were watching, what they might have been talking about is the psychology behind benching/replacing a QB.

For whatever reason, all year, many have parroted the line that if Sanchez was benched, that it would be the end of him. I.e. there's not going back.

They've also said that there's no going back if they replace Mark with Tebow. The reasoning here is slightly different. Either they believe that Tebow is better than most here would agree with, or that once Tebow was put in, their'd be a huge uproar if Sanchez got the nod again the next week.

10. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Tebow was injured, of course he's not being used. Why shouldn't he be #2 if healthy? If he was healthy last game, he would have came in instead of McElroy. It's not like McElroy came in and lit up the Cards defense. He was carried by the running game with a few completions. Sanchez has one last chance.

11. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Why are people shocked that Tebow is our number 2. Lets see 2 of our 3 QBs have started NFL games and lead teams to winning seasons including a playoff win and 1 hasn't. I like Greg and he's our future backup and maybe even a starter but its not now.

12. Demosthenes9

Perhaps most of you all around here are wrong, and Tebow is in fact better than McElroy ? That would pretty much explain why he is the #2 and Mc is the #3 >?

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Not really. The explanation is that the Jets like to use Tebow as a utility player and he can fill in at QB in an emergency situation.

Sanchez has sucked most of the year and they never pulled him for Tebow. The one game Tebow wasn't active Sanchez was pulled. That says quite a bit.

14. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

Let Tebow come into his hometown and give him the chance to make some positive plays for us. McElroy's mature enough to keep his head up even if he doesn't play this game but I really hope they make all three QBs active.
    Sanchez shouldn't struggle too bad this game but it'd be nice to have McElroy there just in case

15. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I think this is being used to motivate McElroy and Rex is going to see how much harder the kid works now. He got a taste of the NFL and now he's back to #3 on depth chart. Or maybe it just says that the coaches don't have any faith in McElroy which would explain a whole lot.

16. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

I'm steaming right now.......................

17. Demosthenes9

You're making one huge presumption, which is that Rex would have been ready and willing at an earlier point to bench Sanchez.

We all saw that it needed to be done, but we aren't as invested in it as Rex is/was.

I happen to think that the performance against AZ was the last straw. That Rex had finally seen enough after 3 Ints in the first half AND 2 near Ints in the second.

There were many around here who said that Rex wouldn't bench Sanchez unless he REALLY shat the bad, like a 5 INT game. Well, they might have been right, or pretty close to it :)

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

If McElroy doesn't suit up for this game, why will I watch it? To see the equivalent of a combined car crash and circus?

That might be enough reason. Rooting for this clowns is not enough of one anymore.

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Tebow is not the right decision as #2. McElroy is.

Tebow can't run the Jets normal offense. He doesn't have the skills.

20. Demosthenes9

There's nothing really to explain. The #2 was hurt and inactive. The #3 was active, came in as an in game replacement and did a good job.

#1 is being given another shot to see if he responds well after being benched. If not, then, if healthy, the #2 is back and will replace the #1. If Rex goes with 3 active QBs, if #2 shits the bed after coming in, then #3 will get another chance to play.

All pretty straight forward.