Sanchez will start

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

You maybe done, but Rex isn't and it's his decision that counts, right or wrong.

2. Jetscrazy87

Jetscrazy87 Member

my biggest concern is that Sanchez will preform good enough to get through the year giving false hope to front office for next year...that being said i would love to see him out proform all our expectations and carry it over to next year!

3. laxin

laxin Active Member

Only if we were playing a relatively good defense... But no, perfect timing, here come the Jags!! To save Sanchez's career! (even if its for a week)

Sanchez starting is just a way for ppl in the organization to try and save their job instead of cutting lose ends and admitting that Sanchez is not the answer, which is pretty evident now.

Sparano- he's done if Sanchez is done. He hasn't helped a young QB get any better, in fact the QB has gotten worse. His fault or not, some blame could fall on him and could see the axe if we get a new GM.

Tanny- Invested HUGE money in the Sanchize and doesnt want to admit he was wrong... Sound familiar? Tanny simply cant admit when he's wrong and his head is going to be the first to go in this whole mess.

Rex- Him and Sanchez are tied at the hip... Although I thought he would try and appease the man above, Woody, who wants to start McElroy.

Im sure they also dont want to start McElroy because then its admittance that getting Tebow was a huge fuck up- not even the #2 QB and sucks at the wildcat.

4. Jetrik

Jetrik Well-Known Member

This is the whole point. Really, we should be rooting for Mark to do well. He's been highly suspect over the past 1.5 years, but he'll be here next year anyway. Hard to cut a guy or not play him when he's still due $8.5 million. Economics and personnel made this decision. Personnel meaning the presence of Tim, I think. I wanted to see Greg, but I have no issue with #6 starting. This team needs Mark to do well. Obviously the FO needs him to do well too. But damn if that leash isn't short now.

5. JJBagoose

JJBagoose Active Member

This! We're screwed, he'll play mediocre against terrible teams and we'll be stuck with this shit for 1 more year.

Tanny and Rex should be fired based on the extension that gave this terrible QB.

#205 JJBagoose, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  6. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Why should we root for him? I understand if you think he has a chance to become a great QB, but unless he comes out next year and lights it up I don't want to see the guy in a Jets jersey anymore. I want him gone. I'm rooting for the long-term interests of this team, which I believe doesn't involve Mark Sanchez.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

This should literally be Sanchez's last chance.

He needs to show that he can trust himself and his receivers. I don't want to see this fuck head patting the ball while looking at an open receiver. He needs to be decisive, make quick decisions and not make stupid decisions. He needs to recognize DB blitzes and account for them by either changing protection, making a quick read/throw and by messing with their timing with his cadence/voice infliction.

If Sanchez doesn't play like a different QB this week they better have the balls to put the big mac attack in as the starter the following week.

8. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I agree 100 percent.

He has until the end of the half. Jacksonville is terrible, so he needs to light them up before then. Mac should be ready to go.

9. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

There will be no restructure, and he won't get cut next year. But in 2014 he's toast. Very rich toast mind you, but still toast.

10. Barcs

Barcs Banned

:lol: at the outrage over this. He was benched last game for the first time in his career. Getting benched can be a good motivator. You have to give him another shot. If he stinks it up, he's done. That's how accountability works. I think we just may see a more focused, more confident Sanchez this week. Our running game has been improving so this will bode well for Mark, plus Jacksonville has a shit defense. We'll see what happens.

11. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

Not if Tebow is number 2, then you won't see GMac at all.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I don't understand how getting benched is supposed to make someone more confident, but I guess we'll see.

13. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I much prefer MacElroy, but I can live with Tebow. I seriously cannot live with that football retarded poison that has is wearing the 6 jersey.

14. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

we are saying hope sanchez lights em up and i am on all w/ that as well and think starting mark was the right decision, but unfortunately the play calling isn't up to mark. what if they handcuff him and not let him throw more that 10-15yd passes...then what? its not like mark is gonna audible to verticals all game...we also have to consider this as sparano's 2nd audition

15. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

It's happened every year in the NFL since it's very inception.

Want to guess how many times John Elway was benched ? If you go back through the years, you'll see that even most of the "big name" QBs got benched now and then at points in their career. And I'm not talking about at the very end when they were physically beaten down. Guys would get into a crappy funk and the coaches would sit their butts down and have someone else start.

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

So you think Elway getting Benched made him more confident?

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Sanchez sucking dick has nothing to do with Sparano. Sanchez doesn't trust himself or his receivers.

18. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]umDr0mPuyQc[/YOUTUBE]

19. NYCKNP

NYCKNP Member

I'm not surprised by this, but he must be kept on a VERY SHORT leash. One screw up, and he has to sit down and let G-Mac do the work.

20. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

It really isn't about Mark "lighting it up". The yardage doesn't matter. It's the decision making. Being able to read the defense. Identifying coverages and where the pressure is coming from. Being able to react to the pressures in a positive way.

It's not even about interceptions, fumbles or sacks either as Rex noted, sometimes the other team just makes a really good play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.