Sanchez will start

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Interesting I see this as McElroy's big advantage over Sanchez. Playing with the first unit and having the Jets offensive coaching staff devlop a plan for him is a decided negative.

McElroy has the decided advantage in a qb competition because he isn't being screwed up by the Jets coaching staff and first team offensive skill players.

I suggest if we want a fair QB competition Sanchez shouldn't be required to run the Jets offensive game plan with the Jets first team O.

2. Jet Rider

Jet Rider New Member

3. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

So wait a second. If I want to see McElroy get time at QB, that's the same as saying he's so =me kind of football God?

4. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Rex doesn't believe the shit he's saying.

5. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Mark has won a lot of games for the Jets and I think he deserves a second chance to see if he can respnond. If he dosnt, he isn't the guy anymore. Many good QBs have been benched before.

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

but but but... i thought stats didnt matter?

which is it?

its like talking to champ about a successful season that doesnt end in a superbowl win with you these days.

7. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

This is such a joke. Rex has lost it.. He stumbles through every press confrence now. I can't even listen to him anymore

8. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Rex is throwing him out there against a soft Jaguars team. Realistically Sanchez has a good shot at playing well, it least similar to the way he played against St. Louis in this game. There hoping he can build a little momentum and finish strong against the weak teams that lay ahead. Rex and Tanny want this to work with Mark so bad, it's almost like they need him to finish out the season as a starter and I guess in some sense they do.

9. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

My opinion:

I'm done with Mark.

This game is Rex's last chance.

The team needs to step up because Mark won't.

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Do I base my entire argument on stats? I think what I posted shows they don't matter as much b/c Eli has obviously been a top QB in recent years.

I never said stats don't matter, I don't like poeple like you that JUST post stats. You need context not just rankings and fantasy #s.

You can't argue w/ me b/c you bring up weak arguments and I tear through them. keep posting stats, I'll keep watching games and evaluating w/ my eyes.

11. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Rex is just like his dad, he always knows best and thinks he can right the ship even though the water is up past his ass. Rex lost his team last November and never got it back.

My only question now is, who gets fired 1st, Tranny or Hex?

12. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

I am OK with this decision, so long as Sanchez understand that this is his... LAST...CHANCE!

13. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Fire Tannenbaum at halftime or after Sancho's 3rd TO, whichever comes first.

I wanted to give Rex one more year because he's a good defensive coach, but the guy is gutless.

Is it any wonder this fan base has battered wives' syndrome?

14. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Well you make the playoffs as a team, not all of it is on the QB. It's not his fault the Oline sucks, not his fault that the RBs suck and not his fault that he's throwing to inexperienced or just plain bad receivers. I'm pretty sure you could take almost any QB in the league right now and we'd still be in a similar circumstance. All the top ranked QBs in the league have A) a strong running game or B) a great set of receivers or C) both. The Jets have neither.

You think if we had Matt Schaub or Matt Ryan that we would have clinched the division by now? Or is that more because they have guys like Foster, Johnson, White, Jones, Gonzalez? Maybe they wouldn't have clinched with Sanchez at QB but they wouldn't be sub .500 either. Maybe if we had guys like Manning, Brady or Brees we would be competing for more than slipping into the wild card spot on the last day, but we'd still hardly be Super Bowl favs.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Sanchez is a great QB. I'm not a huge Sanchez lover that will defend him with my dying breath. I just think that he's shown in the past that he can be an effective, albeit not elite, QB in this league in the past. Since then the caliber of players around him has decreased and so has our wins. I think our best bet is to upgrade the offense in general and give him a shot with a better group, if he still can't get it done then ditch him and bring in someone who can. But to give him pebbles and twigs and be pissed off when he can't build you a castle doesn't make any sense to me.

15. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Rex better not wait 4 quarters to yank this clown. If he is throwing interceptions and getting butt tackled get him out as soon as possible.

16. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Sanchez needs to do one thing and one thing only to remain QB. PROTECT THE FREAKING BALL!! Even if you aren't lighting up the stat sheet or scoreboard, just don't make the mistake that puts more of a burden on the defense.

It's really that simple. Even McElroy knew enough to scramble or just throw it away when no one was open. Why has Mark regressed so much in this aspect of the game? Seems to me he plays with a tremendous amount of anxiety and his fight or flight response overcomes all rational logic.

Bad problem to have if your a starting QB in the NFL. Get this kid a sports psychologist in the off season.

17. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

rofl :) :)

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i actually almost never post stats simply because i dont feel like wasting my time looking them up.

i base my opinion on what i see and my little bit of knowledge about football. you it seems base it upon ardently being a company man with no real football basis.

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I base my arguments on reality not being an overreactionary fan that needs to dump the team when they lose 2 in a row.

20. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

The fact that the next game is on the road definitely has something to do with
    Also, playing the fact that we're playing Jax ( a presumed easy opponent)

If Sanchez plays like he did this past Sunday and the Jags are winning, the Jax crowd, already pissed that we're not giving Tebow a fair shake, could get ugly. It might not be so easy to pull out a victory this Sunday, like it was against AZ. last week.

I love Rex, but if this backfires, he won't be able to survive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.