Sanchez will start

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

youre dreaming man...Bought who knows maybe we all are

2. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

You never know. I just think it's a clever tactic. That, and the fact that we haven't heard anything from his own mouth.

It leads me to believe that McElroy will be getting some reps and that he will be the starter.

3. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

From being benched, not being the franchise quarterback. I personally do not believe that there is a franchise quarterback on the roster anymore, and one needs to be sought out after the season.

4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

The leash on Sanchez is gonna be about a foot long. :breakdance:

5. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

Only you and half of the sloths on this board are delusional. Who the hell thinks MS is long term after this debacle season? He's got another year (guaranteed!). People here are bi-polar or 9. Hate sangina (reasonable), love gmac (gmac > sanchy in skill - probably not, but he hasn't thrown a pick all season!). Tebow? No! He's not the Future! He's not a QB! But but but don't put in Sanchy...or this guy or that. Whine and fucking whine all of you arm chair hc's. I am not a Sanchez supporter (or hater), i'm a realist and to me realistically HE SUCKS. BUT BUT BUT what's the alternative? GMAC - make those DEF scared! He's the future (99% he isn't) Tebow? WILDCAT GONE WILD! (but what if he does good? oh no's! - but he's the master of the 3 and Out - oh woe's!)

We have no good options fucko's. What you see is what you get! There is no magic pill, no gold on the other side of the rainbow, no car behind the closed curtain. Get over it. Prepare for Sanchy vs "new guy (backup free agent)" next year. What don't you people grasp? This isn't madden. Fuckin' junior high on this board like someone stole your juicebox. The seasons done. Shut up and ride it out or regurgitate the same tripe week over week (ad nauseum).:shit:

6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

McElroy is the backup anyway, so it doesn't make a difference. He just needs to be ready when Sanchez shits the bed again.

7. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

Agreed completely.

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Good move by the Jets. 2 games back in the playoff hunt with 4 games left. Only move that could be made. Plus money owed to Sanchez in 2013. If he fails in Jacksonville, then you know he is SHOT. Hopefully he bounces back.

9. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I think it's a smokescreen.

It's really smart too. Rex goes with Sanchez first super early in the morning. Gives PR/whomever time to digest the news. Get a pulse of the fanbase.

The pulse isn't good so Rex switches over to Greg McElroy. It's absolutely perfect.

10. Johnny_Lam _Jones

Johnny_Lam _Jones New Member

I live in FL and I'm taking to trip up 95 to Jax this weekend...I will boo him for both of us!

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

:lol: No. Don't think so.

12. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I think people need to relax. Odds are pretty good that Sanchez is going to be our starter for next season. Half way through that season? The season after that? Hard to say. But with the money he is due and the lack of other options make it almost a lock.

I read a link someone sent saying the extension makes it easier for the Jets to walk away from Sanchez after that 2013-2014 season (can someone verify that?). So why would they walk away after this season when it's going to be very expensive and complicated for them to do so, plus they have no legitimate replacement option for him, plus this is a season where they may finish .500 or above despite being without the top playmakers on both sides of the ball. It makes no sense.

They can use this offseason to upgrade the offense (which they usually neglect), give him the opportunity to try again but keep him on a short leash, if he fails next year then get rid of him. It gives them more time to work on a replacement, even if that is just McElroy getting some more practice reps and learning the offense and NFL defenses, it saves them a horrible cap situation and, who knows, maybe next year if they actually give him some skilled players to play with he will come in and play well. If not then we turf him and move on when it is far more practical and logical to do so.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets aren't eliminated yet and they have 8.25 million reasons next year to keep starting Sanchez until they're eliminated again.

14. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

So no playoffs til 2015? Damn it. I honestly hope they unload Sanchez this off-season though, or at least if tanny gets fired the new GM will be smart enough to get rid of Mark

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Most turnovers in last 2 seasons
    Player Turnovers
    Philip Rivers 45
    Mark Sanchez 44*
    Ryan Fitzpatrick 41
    Josh Freeman 36
    *NFL-worst 24 at home since 2011

Maybe San Diego wants to trade lol

16. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I'm willing to bet (though we'll never know the answer) that Rex made this decision because he HAD to. The media circus that would ensue if McElroy leapfrogged Tebow would be insane, and it's now beyond obvious that he (and possibly the entire front office) don't want Tebow to play under ANY circumstances.

The whole front office needs to go. We need guy who make decisions based on the team's chances of playing winning footbal, and not based on the reaction of the public. Obviously Woody can't be fired, so this is just a pipe dream since he's the leader of this mentality.

17. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

since mark entered the league in 2009:

Eli 84 TOs
    Mark 81

That's mark years 1-4 vs. Eli years 6-9

18. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Rex has no guts. He should have benched Sanchez about 10 weeks ago. Now he is going back to him?

This is sad. If Sanchez has a good game, Rex will talk him up again. If (when) he implodes again, will Rex re-bench him, then re-start him next week?

Now he's saying Sanchez was benched not because he's been awful, but because McElroy has shown a lot more? Based on what, how he runs the scout team in practice?

C'mon, man!

#178 al_toon_88, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  19. TheGreenCantona

but Eli is actually throwing the ball, whereas Mark is doing the same no of TOs in checkdown mode.

20. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

And if you asked me if I would take Eli over Sanchez, 101/100 times ill say yes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.