Sanchez will start

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

our D wasn't great in 2010 and our run game was average yet we had our best season. How many leads did our D blow that year? LT was great the first month then stunk the rest of the way.

2. nyjunc

3. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

You mentioned that money and that's part of the equation.

The Jets aren't ready to throw in the towel on Sanchez and 8 + million reasons has a lot to do with it.

4. nyjunc

I agree w/ that but I don't think it's all money b/c resports were Woody wanted Greg to start. I think you have to factor that in as a reason to start him though.

5. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Make no mistake, I believe in a short leash for Sanchez from hereon. If he turns the ball over or just flat out has no fire the change needs to be made. I say give him a half at a time at this point. If he has a bad one...he gets the hook.

6. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Whatever, you knew this would happen. I just hope that if he still looks bad, they bench him again.

And anyone rooting for #6 or the team to fail, is a fucking loser.

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i hope he gets booed off the field in jacksonville. lets take it to a new extreme, away game and the other teams backup qb gets cheered coming on the field.

it could happen!

although i think the cheeseman will do good this week and we will continue to be forced to watch the shit show we call the jets. its fucking painful at this point. but i just cant stop watching it.... its like a fucking car wreck.

8. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I agree, I'm not talking absolutes. If Sanchez continues shit the bed, the Jets will have no choice to play GMac.

It's all on Tanny, Sanchez's new contract was a joke. I'm sure Woody approved it too.

9. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

4th rank rush offense is average? Looks to be near the top of the league to me.
    In the Indy PO game the Jets had 169 rushing yards and 184 passing yards.
    In the Pats PO game the Jets had 120 rushing yards and 194 passing yards.

That passing attack was really great there.

22nd rank pass offense is below average, that's the key.

#129 LeonNYJ, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  10. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

What the f@@k.

Tanny and Rex has to go, it hurts my eyes to see Shancho behind center.

He looks so much better on clip board duty.

11. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

How much more "shitting the bed" do we have to endure? It can't get any worse than the Butt Fumble. We are the biggest joke in the whole league.

12. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I agree, the money is letting him keeping fucking up.

13. nyjunc

WATCH the games, don't just look at rankings.

Our top 2 RBs averaged 4.16 YPC which is GOOD not great. Our primary RB was great the first 5 games:

LT games 1-5: 76 carries, 435 yds, 5.7 YPC, 3 TDs
    LT games 6-15: 143-479, 3.3 YPC, 3 TDs

our rushing #s were skewed for 2 reasons:

week 17 vs. Buf when we rested starters we ran it for 276 yards

Brad Smith's trick plays

our run game was average in 2010.

In the Indy playoff game the run game was excellent and carried the day but if we relied on the run game all year we wouldn't have made the playoffs.

we beat NE on O through the air, Sanchez threw 3 TDs, the 3 biggest plays of that game were passes- the 3rd down bomb to Braylon, the pass and run to Cotch and the Holmes TD.

14. kaboom

kaboom Member

"Intelligent" fans are also able to discern that Mark Sanchez, circa 2012, has regressed from the level of play that he had given us in the 2010 and 2011 seasons, which granted were inconsistent and starting to regress somewhat in the latter stages of 2011.

Many NFL QBs succomb to a condition that is analagous to "battered wife syndrome". The causes can be physical abuse (David Carr) or emotional/physcological, or combination of the two. At times last year and earlier this year, Sanchez did take a pounding. At times this year, Sanchez has made "panic mistakes". Just like the abused housewife who jumps and drops a bunch of dishes when a book falls of a shelf onto the floor. Phillip Rivers is going through this malaisse as well right now, although not quite to the same depths as Sanchez (but then again Rivers was starting from a higher plateau).

In any event it is exceedingly rare for an NFL QB to rebound from this "syndrome" (damaged goods). Most, Carr, Harrington, Vince Young, never bounce back and are any good. I'd be shocked if Sanchez isn't in the same boat. It might of all played out very differently had Sanchez been on a team with better weapons and a better offensive mentoring/system, but once an NFL QB has become "damaged goods" it is always best to turn the page and move on.

15. nyjunc

a game which people forget how bad the D/STs were. That play was an embarrassment but makr was way down the lost of reasons why we lost that game.

16. nyjunc

He has regressed, he has been brutal this season but that doesn't mean you give up on him. He also has pretty much no help w/ no weapons on O.

Carr, harrington, Young never really had success. young had a little but never as much as mark.

17. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Watch the team win like they did against the Rams, only to come back and lose to a Chargers team that is riding a 9 game losing streak or something

18. gunner99

gunner99 New Member

cry baby Sancheese

My 16 yr old daughter is dealt with more maturely in athletics than this cry baby QB is. If she has a bad game, the bench it is. Her reaction: " I am going to come back even stronger". Sancheese has no guts!...
    "Come on MAN".

Sancheese cant read defenses.
    Sancheese cant hit a receiver in the hands.
    Sancheese runs holding the ball like a loaf of bread.
    Sancheese dives for the ground if anyone gets near him.
    Sancheese is not a leader.

Why Rex are you starting this guy? Its time to move on. It really is.

19. nyjunc

I think it is time for you to move on from this team.

let's compare HS athletics to the NFL, makes sense:rofl:

20. SuperBowl50

SuperBowl50 Member

Here's what I think is the logic behind the move.

1. If Sanchez plays well, Rex looks like a genius. He looks like a master motivator who got Sanchez to play better, quells the QB controversy and makes next season look a lot better. He also gets Sanchez's undying loyalty for the rest of his career.

2. If Sanchez plays poorly, Rex can pull him and play McElroy again. By poorly, I mean the Jets are behind in the game. If McElroy plays well enough to win, then he makes the team believe in McElroy and quells all arguments in the front office. If McElroy plays badly also, then he looks like the guy that just doesn't have much to work with.

The worst case scenario, of course, is if Sanchez plays badly, but the Jets win. Hopefully, his previous benching will prevent that. I imagine he's either lost all his confidence and will play horribly or he's got a fire lit under him and will play well. But a tepid, so-so performance is the worst thing that can happen. Rex is clearly betting it'll go one way or the other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.