Sanchez will start

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uniondale_Tom

Uniondale_Tom New Member

I really have to wonder what happens, if the Jets reaffirm him as the starter and they go to Jacksonville and he leads them in a loss to the worst team in the NFL. Is that enough to guarantee massive changes in the front office, coaching staff and players? God, I hope so.

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I would like to think so, but I don't see it. MS is in his fourth year and looks worse than a rookie. Cherry picking his career for only the highlights is no good indication of consistent, solid play being likely going forward. In fact inconsistency goes right up there with too many turnovers as the big problems with Sanchez.

It's all well and good to think there is some sliver of possibility that, suddenly, MS will stop being a turnover machine and will become a consistently good Qb. But there's no good reason to think the Jets should in efect count on that going forward.

Sanchez as others have pointed out has bounced back before, but it didn't ever last long. I think he had a stretch of three good games in a row back in 2010, and of course he played decent, not above average, in the 09 playoff run. But over the course of four seasons, that's just not enough to count on going forward.

And I simply do not see how benching him makes all that much of a difference. In fact it raises the question, if that were all it takes to get him on the straight and narrow, how come they waited so long to do it? I just don't see it as some kind of magic answer.

Meanwhile it's not like there is nothing lost by going this route. I think the Jets have to see, after the promise he showed, how well McElroy can do with a week's practice with the first string, and a game plan he knows and is put together for him. The Jets should really want to know that.

I hear all the talk about Sanchez's contract, and I get the point. I just disagree that his contract obligates the Jets to flush next season down the toilet.

Tebow will be gone next year, I am near certain. He may even ask for a trade. And Sanchez should not come back. The Jets need to know what levels on the depth chart they need to fill at this position. Until they see how McElroy does as a starter, his role on the team next year is just another question mark.

3. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I don't like this. With Sanchez's salary for next year, he's essentially a guarantee to be back from what I understand. So he'll get a shot at the job next year regardless... So why not play McElroy and see what he can do? Maybe he turns out to be a candidate for the job, maybe he turns out to be a solid backup or maybe he turns out to be awful... But why not give him that chance?

We all know that this current group of receivers may very well be the worst in the NFL, that the offensive line has its ups downs and the RBs are nothing special (although I've been impressed with the three-man rotation as of late), but that does not excuse Sanchez from making the atrocious, usually critical turnovers he's made throughout the season.

I'd still like to see him come back next year, hopefully with a better surrounding cast, but why not let McElroy play at this point?? The season is just about over and we've seen what Mark has been this year. Why not see what Greg can be? Because the way things are now, I'm not so sure Sanchez does give this team the best chance to win. McElroy led the Jets to two touchdowns (Greene had a TD in the final two minutes) in one and a half quarters with zero turnovers. Sanchez led the Jets to zero touchdowns in two and a half quarters with three turnovers...

Hopefully Sanchez comes out and plays a great game (and he better because not only was he benched last week, but they're playing the damn Jaguars) and they put a run together, but I think it should've been McElroy.

4. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

NO. If Sanchez goes out & throws 3 interceptions in the first half it's because the OL, RB, TE are all pieces of shit & need to step up. They need to show the same amount of heart, hard work, dedication & clutch play of a QB who carries teams into AFC Championship games BACK TO BACK.

Also, Sanchez gives us the best chance to win the game.

5. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Rex trying hard to get fired.

He never gives new guys a chance to prove themselves like Belechik would, he's loyal to duds while they're taking on water and even after they're at the bottom of the ocean

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

that is the wise move, great job by the Jets not bowing down to our terrible fanbase.

7. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I agree with those that are saying that they are starting Sanchez to see how he responds to the benching.

If he shits the bed in the 1st half then you go back to McElroy in the 2nd half. Sanchez needs some pressure, they've made it far too easy for him these past 3 years.

8. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Terrible fanbase? Stevie Wonder can see that Sanchez does not deserve to start.

9. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

That's not the definition of insanity. If it were all Microsoft Windows users would have to be institutionalized

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

we have a fanbase that deserves Rich Kotite/Leon Hess. The obvious wise move is to start Sanchez but 90% of Jet fans want McElroy, that tells us how dumb our fanbase is.

11. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

cbs reported that rex actually wanted to start mcelroy and same with woody JJ. its just that tannebaum and sporano said sanchez should start, so i guess ultimately tanny won

12. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

If that's true then Rex is a bitch. I'm sorry, but he's the coach, not Tanny and not Sporano. Grow some balls man.

13. Big Blocker

You realize this means that McElroy will not get reps with the first team, right? No game plan developed for him?

It's not like there's no downside to this "short leash" business.

14. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

With the message today, I feel that Rex and Tanny are so committed to Mark nothing is going to change their mind. If both are back next year, so will Mark. I can't wait to hear the spin job in the offseason why we are going to compete. Looks like the organization is ready to flush next season down the toilet as well if Mark can't bounce back.

15. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Three words: TOLD YA SO.

16. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

90 percent of Jets fans are intelligent people. Sanchez threw a fucking interception on the first play from scrimmage.

SANCHEZ threw two more in the half.

SANCHEZ had a buttfumble that is now a very popular meme/video/what have you.

How in the hell does that give anyone the best chance to win. Turnovers give us the best chance to lose. Fumbles give us the best chance to lose.

17. Big Blocker

That makes no sense, which of course is not at all the same thing as saying it isn't true.

Ryan does what Tanny wants, because Tanny is his boss? Even though Tanny's boss says the opposite?

I got news for you - if the owner told my boss one thing, and my boss said something else, I would do what the owner says.

This is not at all ftr about whether Woody or Tanny should have said anything, or about whether one or the other is right. It's just about how I can't make sense of Ryan doing what Tanny says when Woody said the opposite.

18. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

How is this surprising to anyone? It think the best comparison we have is the Dallas, Tony Romo situation where at times..Romo has single handedly lost games with stupid mistakes. Then he bounces back and wins a few in a row and all is good again. Not really different from whats happening here except our fans are way more over reactionary.

Sanchez will start until we end up having a terrible season which is usually worse than 8-8.

Look at other QB's in this league who continue to start year after year and falter. Vick, look how long they stayed with him in Philly. Cutler has had his moments of extreme suck. Rivers has sucked. Flacco too. And they have more talent around them.

Sanchez will get more chances to prove himself, specially with this contract, so dont expect a sea change people. It is what it is and its normal for the NFL.

19. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

One Super Bowl winning season will make up for anything.

and than after that...

..One more, etc.

20. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Hope this is not true... otherwise Tanny should be fired ON THE SPOT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.