Sanchez will start

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

Maybe if Sanchez were to molest little boys or something, then some of his supporters would stop sniffing glue and put down the Sanchize banner. Until then he is a deity wrapped in a Jets uniform and served with a healthy dose of mediocrity. Heh, in fact, maybe deity is the wrong word.... Maybe he is Saint Sanchez, protector of the pathetic and master of the mediocre.

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Laying plausible odds on the decision here was beyond my comprehension, but I did concede to myself that there was close to an even chance, whether above or below that is not that signficant, that Ryan would make this decision.

I don't want to overreact to it, but I am inclined now to consider joining the fire Rex crowd. I just don't understand how badly Sanchez has to play for this team to get rid of him. I see no upside whatsoever to this decision.

3. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

I'd love to see a % of how much this decision comes from how desperately Rex wants Mark to be his franchise quarterback.

Just for fun, let's say Mark would become pretty darn good 2014-15... would that make up for all those games of total SUCK leading up to that? How many more years of suck does one need before Mark can be considered a bust?

4. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

Exactly... I think anyone here who thinks Sanchez is a long term anything are deluded.

You poor b**tards.

My only thought is that Ryan is going to play it both ways. Start Sanchez so he can prove he's still in charge and then pull him as soon as he starts to gag.

Time to find out who you want back for next year. Starters and Rookies.

5. vedmedv

vedmedv Member

Sanchez had decent games in the past and then sucked the following week. Doing good against a 2 win team wont matter. Good opportunity to give Gmac some reps as starter but i guess Sanchez' feelings are more important.

6. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I would agree, but the Jets have had success with Sanchez at QB. The Jets have invested a lot in Mark and they have to give him the opportunity to bounce back here and show them what he's got. This is the first time he's been benched in his career. He's either going to bounce back strong and "get it" or he's going to continue on his current trend and won't finish the game or start again. There is upside here.

7. NFL

NFL Active Member

Its crazy how so many of you are shocked. Starting QBs get benches then given another shot. Romo got benched and look how he's done since.

8. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

9. Murrell2878

Of course a pretty darn good 2014-15 Mark Sanchez would make up for this terrible stretch he's going thru. Don't forget that he's had success here. And the Jets have won a lot of games with him as QB. The last 16 games have been rough, there's no doubt about it. But let's not forget that we have won a lot of games with him.

10. Murrell2878

Lets just hope that the coaches put Mark in a position to have success early. Quick, rhythm passing and solid running.

11. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

To be fair you don't really need to worry about giving reps to someone who has no future here... at least not as long as Rex is coach. Rex clearly isn't on the McElroy bandwagon even if he used him last week. Rex seems to be pretty zoned in on his opinion of things and won't budge until it blows up in his face. The personnel decisions reflect that.

12. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Boooooo this regime.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Organized Chaos

[​IMG]

14. Organized Chaos

15. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

What the hell is it going to take to get this guy to NOT start? Does he have to kill someone? Do some drugs?

This is absolutely ridiculous

16. Jetrik

Jetrik Well-Known Member

If this is what it takes for him to right his own ship, I have no problem with this. But obviously, the leash is very short for him. Here's to him improving.

17. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

This is a terrible decision. Rex is determined to stick with
    Sanchez to the bitter end. It will cost him his job.

18. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

I hope this is a packaging move to show the Mark can still be usefull so that Jets can ship him off in the offseason, to anywhere, for anything... a bag of footballs will do.

19. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I just don't get it.

I mean, Mark's problems have been his inaccuracy, indecision and inability to secure the football.

Does Ryan think that because Sanchez was benched he will all of a sudden be magically cured of this?

20. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

So this dude throws a pick on his first play, three in the half, zero points. This all after the butt fumble and shit play all year.

McElroy throws 0 picks, td first drive, and essentially 14 points in 1.5 quarters.

What sane man would let Mark start? The definition of insanity is repeating the same action but expecting different results. Anyone who still supports Sanchez is clearly insane

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.