Sanchez will start

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

he is uncuttable and his contract is set up in a way that he has no reason to restructure. this was a business decision only in the sense that he is a jet next year no matter what,so they have to make it work.

wonder who will be inactive?

2. TheGreenCantona

just like he was suppose to before a ball is thrown at the start of every new season.

He is soo much stronger, he is understanding the offence much better, he is a gym rat, he is studying like crazy etc etc etc

3. dreamsfloatjoe

dreamsfloatjoe New Member

Mark is allowed back in the Ringmaster's Clown Car for a road trip! "Popcorn, Peanuts, Cracker Jacks...!" The New York Sports media is going to have a field day after this game! Suspect this game is going to be fun to watch?

4. Bannon

Bannon New Member

No big deal -- it happens. A starter gets benched in a horrible game, and gets another shot to get his act together.

If it weren't for Tebow on the roster, the stakes wouldn't seem so high in the whole discussion. If the three QB's on the roster were Sanchez, Drew Stanton, and Greg McElroy, it would seem like a more straightforward decision.

Tebow fans want Tebow to get the next shot, his haters want him off the field and off the roster at all costs, and Greg McElroy gets more discussion than he would otherwise warrant for that reason.

It makes sense to avoid a complete tailspin by putting Sanchez back in.

5. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Rex is well on his way to getting himself fired

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

lmao Tebow fans are going to be so mad in Jacksonville this Sunday. Expect tons of booing and Tebow chants

7. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

I thought that his contract was structured in a way that made it easier to cut him after this year. I could be wrong.

My money is on McElroy being the back-up and Tebow will be deactivated because of the rib injury that Rex told him to have wink wink.

*edit*

Here's what I found. http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php...ark-sanchez-contract-extension-isnt-that-bad/

#27 JET'S_my_name, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  8. When sanchez plays well it is usually against 4-3 teams that play alot of zone(IE Buffalo). It just so happens that Jax fits that profile. Expect Mark to bounce back big time. The real test will be moving forward. Jax should give him some much needed confidence.

He needs to be on a very short leash. If the offense is lifeless or there are any careless turnovers in the passing game..he needs to sit..permanently.

9. DanR

DanR Active Member

10. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

...would be great, then we'd see McElroy back on the field in no time. :cool:

I'm actually hesitant to consuming any sort of beverages on Sunday, as I will explode of laughter should #6 throw an easy pick. ^^

11. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

The thing he I think he understands the offense perfectly, i think he is a gym rat, studies film, understands what everyone should be doing - but does everyone else? Does Chilens and Hill and Gates and Cumberland all understand their routes, hot reads, pre snap adjustments - i doubt it.

SO many times Sanchez on a three step drop shoots the ball to a spot and a receiver hasn't turned around, hits them in the head, broke out instead of in.

12. catfish

catfish New Member

he won't be active on Sunday for that very reason

13. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

McElroy threw 5 screen passes and 2 bad deep balls on Sunday.

They also ran for around 100 yards when he was in the game.

Screen passes make it easier on receivers also because I think most of them aren't NFL caliber receivers and we have several lining up each week.

14. Maybe so. if that's the case why doesn't he get into that players face & show some leadership? instead he just shrugs it off & barely makes eye contact w/ the guilty party. That only elevates the issue at hand.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You lost all credibility and I stopped reading after your first sentence. That's just not true.

16. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I'm not really all that surprised and while I know people are really just done with Sanchez it probably is the best thing they can do right now. They have sent a message to Sanchez and will not be afraid to bench him again if he struggles. If they bench him again he's probably not coming back off of it and he knows it.

They also give Sanchez a chance to rebound on the road, away from the boos and hecklers and if he wins the next two road games against weak teams he would be coming home with a 7-7 record. The crowd may get a little bit more behind him at .500 with a chance to go above .500. By then we may already be mathematically eliminated because of the Colts/Steelers/Bengals but maybe not, maybe we'll still have a chance and the fans will be excited.

So I'm not overly surprised. Not really happy or disappointed with the decision. I'm taking a more "wait and see" approach.

17. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Fuck Rex and Tanny

Seriously. They are sending the message that no matter how horrible you may perform, you still we get a chance to start.

18. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Go Jaguars and FIRE RYAN.

19. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

Screens definitely can be easier on receivers, my point was that most of us have lost count how many times Sanchez has failed doing this very thing, which also happens to be the easiest throw in the game (if you sell it to the rush, which he doesn't do either).

Edit: And if you look at the deep balls by McElroy again, you'll see they weren't bad at all – it was the routes that weren't clean.

#39 Swedish Ale, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  20. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

i am happy to see sanchez is getting a rebound game, i just hope he comes thru and as many of you have said, if he's not having a good to great game in the first half, put in the back up whoever it might be

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.