Fireman Ed quits

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PatPatriot, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Um, Im pretty sure Ed has money to buy his own damn jersey's

2. Barcs

Barcs Banned

So with all the Jets fans in that bar, you are upset because he didn't treat you specially and sit down and have a drink? No offense, but I don't think the dude has time to sit down with everybody, he was probably just casually making his rounds and trying to say hi to everyone, which is something you probably didn't do. Plus that doesn't sound serious at all, PLUS thinking and saying you are younger than him would be a compliment. I don't see anything mean or jerk-like about what he said. Sounds like you are just having a knee jerk reaction to something that means absolutely nothing. Typical of Jets fans, though. Turn nothing into the end of the world. It's like being angry because a pro athlete or celebrity doesn't stop to have a full conversation with every fan he sees on the street.

Dude's been a dedicated Jets fan for a LONG time. You should be happy he talked to you at all. I'd be honored if he came to my table and said hello. Don't be made because he didn't want to have a darksider conversation about how the Jets suck at drafting. :lol:

#282 Barcs, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  3. Barcs

Barcs Banned

How many lives are saved yearly by construction workers? It's not even close to the same thing. If proper safety protocols are followed the risk is not that high. Sure, it's dangerous and there's always risks, but they aren't risking their lives to save others on a weekly basis, ie running into a flaming building to pull a mother and child out before it collapses. Apples to oranges really.

#283 Barcs, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

,,,just again for the record,,,,I like the chant and I like that Ed did it and got the crowd involved,,,i hope he gets over quiting and does it again,,,that said I could care less if he sat and had a drink with me, or made time for me,,,or LOL guessed my age ! I was hanging with my buddies and Glenn Foley, Ed approached us and acted like a lifelike cartoon character instead of a fan, a firefighter a regular guy. I posted this not because I hate Ed but that I think as I said he is a jerk. I never said he was not a tremendous fan,,,,All the guys and gals with me that day feel the exact same way,,,,we looked at each other that day and laughed . As I said I have met him other times and know guys that worked with him and it is what it is no biggie u like the guy I think he is comical. I am sure if I posted on here that I think Mike Francessa is a jerk some ( not many ) would defend him also,,,again no biggie it is what it is

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

the stadium sure was dead until McElroy came in yesterday, it was sad not hearing a stadium wide chant.

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

How can we get a chant going when we couldn't even generate first downs

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

we actually had a couple of nice drives yesterday in the first half, one ending on the first missed FG but the chants usually start before the game.

8. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Probably an argument for another board but there is gross abuse of the pension system and disability system for cops and firemen. They retire based on the salary of their final year with overtime. So these guys will work 100 hours a week to boost their retirement for life which they take typically in their 40's, so we get 50 years of paying these guys. A lot of these guys take disability while working other jobs, one cop I knew worked masonry and bounced while medically retired form the police department (illegal).

If simply stating "well they save lives" is ok to warrant fraud then whatever I think it's BS. I was an active duty Marine for five years and I saw people play the system there too and it pissed me off. I don't believe being a civil servants warrants being able to defraud the public.

9. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Come on Fireman Ed, come back. I along with every "working" American are paying your salary, why not earn it?

10. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Just don't wear a Sanchez jersey anymore. Then he will be safe.

11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Anybody defend Francesca yet?

12. NewYorkEveryThing

I hear it was the tebow followers that cursed him out and were chanting for him to take off that sanchez jersey. Some were even calling him out . Trying to get him to flip on them. Hearing this sounds like there was something going on between him and the tebow followers. I don't think it had anything to do with G Mac. But tebow homers getting under eds skin.

13. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

All the Tebots will be gone next year, so Ed can come back. Of course there will probably not be much sense in wearing a #6 jersey, but that's another issue.

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The Jet crowd has not gotten up for Ed the last 2 years like they did in the past. At some point in most games, he got 3/4 of the place up but not anymore. There was sometimes where he would gesture with his hand never mind and be taken off the screen and do the chant for his section. His time was up and he knew it, most STH's ignored him. And I hated him since he did the West Side stadium add for Woody, but I hope he's able to enjoy the game like a normal fan and be left alone. He''s a real fan, I will give him that.

15. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

If Fireman Ed is allowed to take advantage of his "role" with the Jets then I don't see why he's allowed to pout and quit in the face of criticism. He exploited his costume (wearing a Jets jersey and a fireman hat) on national television (the MNF promo was the last straw IMO) to bring just as much attention to himself as the team, so I think it's unreasonable for him to expect people to not be allowed to scrutinize which jersey he chooses.

16. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

If the Jets are smart they will put him in a press box to do the chant.

17. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

You'd think Tebow was Jewish the way folks seem to find any reason to blame him for every problem that occurs with that team.

18. carboran

carboran New Member

Wow. I might get banned after my first post, but you guys are an absolutely pathetic fan-base. What are you even fans of? Why do you cheer for a team?

I have been a Raiders fan for a long time and my favorite part is cheering, high-fiving, and hugging (I expect a bunch of original gay jokes here) completely random strangers when we score or win.

I cannot even imagine some random-ass fair weather Raider fan talking shit to the hardcore fans in the black hole without getting his teeth punched in after about 10 secs, and not by the person he was insulting.

But we are a united fan-base, which loves our team. You are a bunch of bitter assholes.

I read this board, because it is funny to see the reactions of people and is active. But I just felt compelled to post here.

#298 carboran, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  19. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I think most of Jets nation is spoiled by the 2 AFC championship game appearances. Also there is a lot of bandwagon fans.

I do respect Raider fans, they go to the game even though they know their team stinks. True fans.

20. carboran

carboran New Member

Thanks. It is a great atmosphere. yeah, there are some assholes, but every game, I am talking and high-fiving completely random strangers. It is an awesome feeling of camaraderie and belonging.

BTW, some of you will probably think it is lame, but this video shows what I mean. This is Gorilla-Rilla's wedding an a ton of people went to see it, people who have no idea who he is

Remove the stars

h**ttp://w**ww.youtube.co**m/watch?v=rR1FHjev_QU