Tebow in the mix

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by TTTTebowAndTheJets, Dec 3, 2012.

1. TTTTebowAndTheJets

At this point I take anything Rex says with a grain of salt, for what it's worth here's some tweets from his conference call with the media today.

Dennis Waszak Jr. (@DWAZ73)
    12/3/12, 11:58 AM
    Rex Ryan: "When you look at Tim, he is a proven winning QB in this league" #Jets

Conor Orr (@ConorTOrr)
    12/3/12, 11:58 AM
    Rex throwing Tebow into this equation, too. #nyj #jets

Dennis Waszak Jr. (@DWAZ73)
    12/3/12, 11:59 AM
    Rex Ryan: "Tim, we'll have to monitor his situation as the week goes on. He was cleared to play ... but I just wasn't copmfortable." #Jets

Kimberley A. Martin (@KMart_LI)
    12/3/12, 11:59 AM
    Rex said Tebow is a "proven, winning QB in this league." ..."You can put him in" the equation of starting QBs. #nyj #jets

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I saw a tweet saying Rex said tebow isn't a 100% yet. He hasn't leaned one way in his comments although if it was Sanchez I think he would have ended the speculation today

3. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Honestly, I could see Sanchez starting this week, now he knows he can be benched.

4. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Hope they do start Tebow. Could use some comic relief.

5. danangmarine68

danangmarine68 New Member

I have to agree, there is too much money tied up in him. I don't think that Rex will wait until the 3rd INT before yanking him again if next week is a repeat of the last two weeks. Strike that, and replace with "this season".

6. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

The Tebow cult will have excuse if he starts. They will blame his ribs when he sucks. I see Sanchez starting and Greg the back up.

7. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Rex is full of it.

8. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

How about Woody calls Jax and offers a trade: Jets will start TT if Jags roll the game over.

9. JFjets

JFjets New Member

Rex is going to have worse indigestion about his QB situation this week than he had after Tebow's game winning drive against the Jets last year in Denver. By benching Sanchez and bringing in the 3rd stringer/McElroy in the one game where Tebow was inactive due to injury, Rex opened up the biggest possible can of worms he could find. The QB controversy from the time the Jets signed Tebow until just before Sanchez was benched was nothing compared to what it will be between now and the end of the season (and beyond).

Personally, I think the most likely thing that he will do is to start Sanchez again against Jacksonville. Not saying he should, just saying I think he will.

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Do you really believe it was just a coincidence that Rex finally pulled Sanchez from a game the one week Tebow was inactive? I mean, really?

McElroy or Sanchez will start this week. Tebow will probably be inactive.

11. 1PAPERAIRPLANE

1PAPERAIRPLANE New Member

I have to say, please, plain and simple, TRADE TEBOW. Most pointless move I've ever seen.

12. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Wouldn't call it "pointless." Tim Tebow, due to his rediculous popularity is a GREAT marketing gimmick. He draws a lot of interrest to any team he is on.

He brings a huge following to the Jets. Hell, even the teams the Jets visit are looking to capitalize on it. Jacksonville is removing the tarps to sell the extra seats so people can watch him sit on the bench.

Miami had a Florida Gator appreciation day when the Broncos visited last year. Really, it was just a cheap way for Dolphin ownership to cash in on Tebow, cuz the rest of the Gators on his team were busy on other teams that day.

There's definately a method to the madness of having him around when you are an owner looking to sell merchandise and tickets.

#12 Concerned_Citizen, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  13. JFjets

JFjets New Member

Well, I guess that depends on whether you think Rex is clairvoyant and just knew that Sanchez was going to play like crap yesterday. I don't think it's logical to assume that Rex went into Sunday's kick-off expecting to bench Sanchez. And if he did, why wait until the 3rd quarter, wasn't 3 INT's enough to get him the hook, after everything else Sanchez has shown this season?

14. JetsDfc

JetsDfc New Member

He has been pretty bad in half his games this yr to be fair. The whole pull sanchez the one day Tim is away thing is fishy to me too thou.

15. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I think it is coinsidental, though Sanchez played the worst game this year on Sunday.It was a mercy benching.

This is going to be very interesting, Jacksonville will be full of Tebots, and they may revolt if Tebow is inactive.

I would start Sanchez this week, but no more blind support from Rex. This is Sanchez's last chance.

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Sanchez has played like shit pretty much all season and was never pulled until the one game Tebow was inactive. I guess it was just plain bad luck for Tebow, eh?

17. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I agree. It was no coincidence. Tebow will probably never start a game for the Jets unless Sanchez and McElroy both get injured, something I would not hope for.

18. JFjets

JFjets New Member

I don't disagree with you there.

So you think Rex intended to bench Sanchez before the game even began? He woke up Sunday morning with that plan in mind? And that is why he waited until 3 INT's, in the 3rd quarter, and Jet's with zero points on the scoreboard to make the move, to bring in the 3rd stringer so he could ignite the biggest crapstorm of the season so far? What if Sanchez had played as well as he did against Buffalo, still going to bench him for McElroy since that might be the only game Tebow was inactive due to injury?

19. JetsDfc

JetsDfc New Member

"

The only issue with this is that Sanchez has played JUST well enough to keep his job and stop the team from trying new things and possibly moving forward.

If he would have had a bad game an indy that would have probably been it, same thing in st louis.

Even if Mark shows up this week he might not next week and the Jets will be in the same spot with two wasted weeks.

20. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I think that the difference is that if Tebow was active, he woudn't have benched Sanchez even with the 3 INTs. Not necessarily that he premeditated the benching, but he recognized it as a viable option since Tebow was inactive. I'm guessing LTJF was thinking along the same lines?