Hah here comes McElroy!

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Potzer, Dec 2, 2012.

1. phaytal

phaytal New Member

:up:
    :shit: :up:

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I can't disagree with that too much. The other poster was only referring to the scores though, so you see why I pointed at that game.

3. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

calm down mahmoud abbas. your settlement is safe

4. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Don't quite see that as an accurate reference, but suit yourself.

As far as this settlement being safe, I disagree... it is not. Just tired of hearing the whining about how we are disrupting you all. You choose to come in here and antagonize, so quit your crying.

5. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

lollllllllllllll

6. typeOnegative13NY

who said youre disrupting? where are you getting this from?

7. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Not sure if serious.

It has been said many many times in many threads, but in this particular instance I was referring to the comment made on page 1 of this thread. See quotation below.

8. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

It is pretty telling that Rex didn't sit Sanchez until doing so didn't mean Tebow would play.

9. typeOnegative13NY

ok. well,you might have to understand that lifelong fans of a team,mixing with fanatical fans of one player and their interest in him may be a conflict of interest as far as fan talk goes. Nothing wrong with either one,just that there is a reason this forum exists. The whole thing is strange. It's not like his football abilty warrants such a cult following,must be his personality and values? Well,if thats the case we aren't trying to Jimmy swaggart our football team to the playoffs.

10. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

You don't remember some of Sanchez's worst games, i'm guessing... Once he threw 5 interceptions to a terrible Bills team that ended up being 4-12 or something.

At least in this game Sanchez drove down the field a few times far enough for 2 missed fgs.

11. GB#15

GB#15 New Member

Tebow has more class than the Jets fan base and organization as a whole! Tebow will go on to do great things! As for the Jets well SAME OLD JETS! :):):):)

12. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I agree with you for the most part. The only thing I would take issue with is your assertion that his football ability does not warrant his popularity. All we can go off is his college performance and his 16 starts in the NFL. While he didn't look like Tom Brady, his team won, and he is young.

Trust me, this whole thing is blown up because of the anti-Tebow crowd. Many players have millions of fans. Most do not have such a vast amount of anti-fans. We saw it happen to Lebron James for a year after "the Decision". When you have that many people hating you, you are talked about more than everyone else.

13. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

HELLOOOOOO... McFLY!!!!

[​IMG]

You'd think a change at QB would be relevant to the Tebow debate.

14. Concerned_Citizen

Ever wonder why the anti-Tebow crowd is there to begin with? He came in with a lot of unjustified hype. Sure, he had his critics too, but he came in as America's little darling the second he was drafted. all this talk about great leadership and intangibles... and his rabid fanbase who are kind of "in your face" with him even when he stinks up the joint. Blaming everyone but him for his shortcomings.

Maybe the anti-Tebow's really don't have it in for Tebow himself as much as wanting to stick it to his fanbase, which has been every bit as obnoxious as they claim the antis to be. You guys really think you did Tebow any favors blaming everyone but him, and insisting a 46% completion percentage and leading the league in three and outs wasn't problematic ....just because he won some games on the back of a defense that kept him in games while he punted the all day?

15. JFjets

JFjets New Member

Andrew Luck stats yesterday: 44% completion percentage, 4 TD's, 3 INT's, brings his team back to win, gets praised to the SKIES, 44% completion percentage and 3 INT's are barely mentioned at all.

And, oh yeah, just like so many Tebow haters love to say about him, Luck wouldn't have had to stage a furious comeback if not for his earlier play. Didn't hear any of the NFL media mention that, either.

16. Concerned_Citizen

I'll be sure to mention that in the Andrew Luck forum... oh wait, he doesn't have one here.

Yep. He had that percentage in ONE game.

Tebow has had 16 games and did it for his CAREER up until this point. Tebow would have 2 wins last year had the defense not been lights out for 5 of the wins.

Yep. Luck sucked pretty bad last game. Happy? ...whatever it takes to make yourself feel good about Tebow's CAREER percentage.

Ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away. Pay attention to that alligator sneaking up on you before it bites your ass..... Let's see what happens when THIS (Gator) problem is ignored...

[​IMG]

#56 Concerned_Citizen, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  17. phaytal

phaytal New Member

The difference is, that Luck can still put up 35 points against a stout defense when he gives up 3 turnovers, and wins the game to boot. Remember what Tebow was able to put up against the Lions last year when he gave up 3 turnovers? 10 points, and 7 of it was in garbage time.

That is the difference between a quality quarterback, and Tim Tebow.

18. JFjets

JFjets New Member

I haven't watched all his games this year, but this might have been his best one. He sucked? Are you serious? He did what needed to be done to win, in spite of his shortcomings in that game. Just like Tebow did in a lot of games last year. I don't give a hoot in hades what the completion percentage of Tebow or Luck is as long as they do what it takes to win games. I think Luck will be a very successful QB in this league, and I'm not bagging on him for his performance yesterday, he's still a young QB and he's going to have games with those kind of mistakes. I'm bagging on the media and NFL fans like yourself who apply a double standard to such performances compared to Tebow having done some very similar things last year (except for all the INT's, as Luck has almost twice as many in 12 starts as Tebow has in 16 starts).

19. Concerned_Citizen

But saying, "Tebow did enough to win" when he really didn't need to do much at all... thanks to a defense that played lights out for many of those games...

...is like saying a midget isn't really short, because his legs are just long enough to reach the ground.

Just because the games were won on STRONG defensive performance, doesn't excuse Tebow's piss poor play to where it should be ignored. Really, if a 46% passer could do "just enough" to win, then get me someone better so that out chances of winning are much greater.

If the league thinks his impact in winning games was minimal and counter productive, then he's gonna struggle to find a starting job. Same with anyone else. Only difference between him and those other dime a dozen dudes nobody heard of that have come and gone through the league, was that he came in with a lot of media attention, and was lucky enough to have a defensive performance that is VERY friendly to any shitty QB.

Trent dilfer was a shitty QB, but won a SB on the back of a great defense. That's how Tebow won most of his games too. Very shitty quarterbacking, great defensive effort... then winning because a running back went out of bounds or something and then fumbled it in OT.

Didn't see Andrew Luck yesterday. The difference between when he goes 46% and Tebow... Luck still moved the chains and put up points. Tebow led the league in three and outs and only racked up maybe 3 to 10 offensive points by the end of many games. It was enough ONLY because of a solid defensive effort limiting the other team to equally as poor production as Tebow was pulling.

#59 Concerned_Citizen, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  20. JFjets

JFjets New Member

Can you tell me which member of the Denver Defense led any of the game winning drives or threw any of the game winning touchdowns last year? I must have stepped out to the bathroom and missed it.

Wow, you know the hyperbole just hit the fan when the 2011 Denver Broncos Defense is being compared to the historically great Baltimore Ravens defense the year Dilfer was under center.:rofl:

Here we go with the "Denver would have lost IF Marion Barber this and Marion Barber that." nonsense again. Marion Barber wouldn't have mattered and there wouldn't have been an OT IF a Prater field goal hadn't been blocked and IF Demaryius Thomas hadn't dropped a sure touchdown pass.