IND 9-5, CIN 8-6, PIT 7-7, Jets 6-7... Playoffs!?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Steelers would win the tie breaker they beat us already

2. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

It ain't happening guys! That ship has sailed.

Mathematically the chances may or may not be better than '09, but that team was actually talented so it wasn't far-fetched for us to beat the Bengals in week 16 then the Colts and Curtis Painter to end the season.

They'll lose to someone, probably the Bills. That's what the Jets do, float around and then lose (2008?) and then we'll all be able to focus on how we hate Tannenbaum.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets go 1-3, but if hopeful math makes the season somehow better for you, then calculate away.

Seriously though. We're looking for a bad team to go 4-0, and multiple good teams to lose multiple games and go at best .500. Not to mention some of these games are games that good organizations don't typically lose.

The only good thing I can see is that no one is likely to rest their starters, especially if Houston loses to NE on MNF next week.

3. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Pray good Tony Romo shows up in those games.

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Really pissed Indy and Pitt won. Not looking good.

5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Miami plays the 49ers next so you can most likley call it a day for them,And exactly it happened in 09 and we had to beat an undefeated Colts team even though they took there starters out in the second half. But anythings possible in the NFL

6. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Wrong. Three-way tie means head-to-head goes out the window and it is decided by AFC record. Jets would win since, if we win the next 4 games (all AFC teams) we would be 5-3 and if both the Bengals and the Steelers are 9-7 they will both have worse AFC records by then.

A Jets, Steelers, Bengals three-way tie at 9-7 gives the 6th spot to the Jets. This is one of our only hopes.

EDIT: this assumes that the Bengals will beat the Steelers when they play. Otherwise Steelers win b/c they beat the Bengals and us this season :(

#266 Axel3419, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  7. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Especially when both teams had no friggin business doing do...

8. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I'm much more pissed about Indy. They had no business winning that game, and win #8 for them does alot more damage to us than #7 for Pitt.

The more I watch Jim Schwartz, the more I think he's is one of the worst head coaches in the league. He ran on a 3rd and 5 from midfield when a conversion ends the game. They punt, and here come the Colts to win on the last fucking play. Unreal.

9. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

im really pissed we suck.

10. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

But Spiller owns ours.

11. 1968jetsfan

I really don't see how the Jets are favored against any team but the Jags. Jets have a good pass defense, a poor run defense, an average running game and a bottom barrel passing attack. Any team that can grind it on the ground can reasonably expect to beat the jets.

12. 1968jetsfan

One could argue the Jets had no business winning todays game, if Arizona had any offense at all there would be no discussion about this.

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Does suck that Pitt and Indy won...BUT WE THE JETS DESERVE THIS...Understand that.

Any lack of concern for the QB positon doomed us

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I just want to win next week so we can play for .500 on MFN ( Monday Fucking Night) and then come home for the last home game of the year a 7-7. Would keep the season going sort of. We are not making the playoffs. The Colts, Steelers and Bengals all came back and won today. Just want to see new QB and win some games for next year. PLAYOFFS??????

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

A decent QB beats us today because our QB sucks balls. Even he admits it. If Rex starts Sanchez, I am no longer defending him. I am sure that worried him:rofl:

16. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

If two of the three teams ahead of us lose, we can think about playoffs more.

Especially when we beat Jacksonville.

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I hate comments like this. The Jets defense played very well today. If you're going to play "if's", why not say "if the Jets had an offense"?

It goes both ways.

18. Tommy Gunnz

Tommy Gunnz Member

can't believe the colts came back to beat the lions like that and that the steelers won in baltimore without big ben........basically worked out how this entire jets season has been

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I am not sure if anyone watched the game today, but talking about playoff scenarios is a waste of time. Haha. It is funny to see the Jets are technically ranked 8 out of 16 in the AFC right now though, despite how they have played.

20. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Good to know but if steelers beat bengals than its over.....

But we need to win out in order for it to happen.....I think it can other teams losing not too sure

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.