Jets Players React To Benching

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LongIslandBlitz, Dec 2, 2012.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I found a bunch of qoutes from players today on how they felt about the change at QB and they are pretty intresting,It seems like some players were happy about it and some didn't seem to care lol

2. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

sanchez asked rhodes out?

i could see that

3. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

WHAT!!?!??!

You mean there wasn't a revolt?

4. LongIslandBlitz

After getting benched Sanchez is asking Kerry Rhodes for his phone number again, That paints the picture of Sanchez

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I really hope they give McElroy a shot. Might as well see what we got there.

6. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Sanchez start...on a short leash. McElroy showed me he can hand the ball off today.

7. ArmandJ

I still CANNOT believe there are still people wanting to start Sanchez, even on a short leash.

He threw a fucking interception on the first play from scrimmage...

8. LongIslandBlitz

Well if MclRoy plays a full game next week we will finally get to see what he can really do in 60 minutes against a 2-10 football team in a must win game.We haven't won 2 straight all year

9. LongIslandBlitz

Why can't our offense be excited like this all the time,Why did it take this to happen for them to get there addreniline going

10. 85inthehall

I don't like the play calling. I think Sanchez has no faith in his receivers and I don't see him and Sporano being on the same page. He accounted for 32 touchdowns last year and was #1 in the redzone. Sanchez and Sporano just don't work.

11. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

Some players still bitter that McElroy called them out on their bullshit in the offseason.

12. ArmandJ

Sporano is not the problem.

If you can still defend a guy who throw 3 INTs in one game, and has more interceptions than touchdowns; there's really no help for you.

13. LongIslandBlitz

Its a talent problem no matter what and we don't have enough of it

14. 85inthehall

You can look at the system and the guys in said system. How many open receivers do you see week in and week out? How many time do you see a dump off or screen pass called? How often is McKnight in the game to use his speed as a weapon?

One example today was a 3rd and 4 and 3 receivers ran two yard routes. Sporano either called a play that put 22 guys within 2 yards of the line of scrimmage or receivers were not running the right route. Either that comes down to bad play design and calling or players being lost. Either way that doesn't help a QB.

15. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Note to Brandon Moore.

After someone shoved their head in your ass, refrain from saying something "Got Tighter"
    k?

16. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

The Butt Slam pretty much evaporated any confidence they had in Sanchez.

17. 85inthehall

Throw him in a game against a 2-10 team on the road. Confidence will come back.

18. LongIslandBlitz

The imprint of Sanchez face is still rumored to be on Brandon moores ass cheek

19. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

The Sanchez defenders on this board are among the most ardent, fanatical, and yet overwhelmingly delusional set of fans I have ever seen. What do people see in this guy? He fucking sucks! Every non-Jets fan I talk to openly mocks Sanchez. It's abundantly clear to anyone with a half a brain who isn't firmly planted on Sanchez's dick that the guy is (at the very best) a mediocre player. It's reached the point of utter absurdity.

The amount of rationalizing and lame excuse making that goes on in Sanchez's defense by these select few, on a weekly basis, is nothing short of comical. No other Jets player is afforded anywhere near the same amount of leniency or latitude. It's honestly quite fascinating to me because I think it clearly has a psychological origin: In my opinion, it's pretty obvious that these particular Jet fans simply can't cope with the fact that trading up for Sanchez was a mistake and that he has been a disappointment. It hurts too much to acknowledge this reality, so some fans just refuse to evaluate things realistically or objectively when it comes to Sanchez. There is always an excuse. There is always something some other player could have or should have done. The focus is always on the obstacles in Mark's path instead of on the recognition that, within each obstacle lies a challenge, an opportunity for a true franchise quarterback to achieve something.

#19 slimjasi, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  20. NewYorkEveryThing

When McElroy was inactive last week for some reason. He was laughing at buttgate and knew he had a shot.