Who should start next week?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Bannon, Dec 2, 2012.

?

If you were Rex, who would you start next week?

1. Mark Sanchez

39 vote(s)
    13.5%
  2. Tim Tebow

39 vote(s)
    13.5%
  3. Greg McElroy

210 vote(s)
    72.9%
  1. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Arm strength and accuracy are two necessary components which, when taken separately, equal an incomplete quarterback. See: Pennington, Chad.

It's better to admit a mistake now than to never admit a mistake. It was a mistake putting Tebow #2 on the depth chart. Flawed depth chart doesn't justify starting the guy who gives us the least chance to win next Sunday.

2. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

i voted McElroy, but i'd expect to see plenty of Tebow sprinkled in.
    If they don't give Tebow a healthy amount of snaps in what would clearly be a game managed QB with McElroy, then why did they bring him here at all?

3. VanderbiltJets

Elaborate...?

4. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I see it as just the opposite -- if you think McElory has a chance to be the future quarterback of the Jets, long term, I can see why you'd want him in. But he just doesn't have enough in the tank, IMO.

Playing McElory will heighten the scrutiny. Obviously, if McElroy starts playing lights out and winning, that cures everything.

But it just seems crazy to trade for Tebow, and not give him a shot. And for what reason? Because McElroy came in and threw for one TD? I wouldn't consider Tebow to have earned the job over Sanchez with such a short appearance (if he had to come in for an injury or something).

5. k311

k311 Member

My feeling is that we should already know that Sanchez is done. My whole thought process is "how do we get rid of Sanchez as quickly as possible, if its even possible."

6. Bannon

Bannon New Member

But it wasn't. Tim Tebow is a better quarterback than Greg McElroy.

7. VanderbiltJets

This next game is @Jax. They're obviously going to support their team/boo the Jets already, but putting in Tebow for a couple of plays as opposed to sitting him would just fully ignite the crowd against the Jets. IMO it's better to let Tebow play the whole game than it would be to put him in for a run play and then subject Sanchez or McElroy to annoying Tebow chants

8. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Mcelroy got the win and should get the start. If he starts pulling a Sanchez then pull him and give Tebow a shot.

9. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

10. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I see where you guys are coming from, however, I simply can't stomach another minute of Sanchez. Watching someone else (ANYONE else) take meaningful snaps for my football team, for the first time in quite a long time, was such a relief. It has gotten to the point where I actually cringe every time Sanchez drops back to pass (To be honest, I have felt that way ever since the Miami debacle). I will be extremely disappointed if I have to root for Mark Sanchez , yet again, next week.

11. VanderbiltJets

You may think McElroy doesn't have enough but he's the only QB on this roster left with upside and a future at the QB position in this league.

Tebow heightens it more. Good point. Sit Tebow.

Look up the definition of "sunk cost".

He's neither Sanchez nor Tebow and he's young.

Big difference between earning the job and not ruining your shot at the job with limited PT. I think the decision still comes down to whether or not to start Sanchez, with McElroy being the default starter if Sanchez is benched.

12. VanderbiltJets

But it was. Greg McElroy is a better quarterback than Tim Tebow.

Look how far this got us? Great contributions, slick.

13. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

McElroy beat Tebow for the National Championship.

14. J_P_5

J_P_5 Member

Joe Dirt aka Greg McElroy hands down, he wore Joe Namaths number in college for crying out loud. ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

I agree. I still think Sanchez gives us the highest chance at winning 4 in a row, not a rookie (in effect) or Tebow... I wouldn't be surprised if McElroy starts, though.

16. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Settle down.
    Arm strength and accuracy aren't the only 2 components of a QB.
    Ryan would kill to have Pennington's protection of the football, accuracy, play action fakes, leadership, recognition of the defense, ability to audible, etc... None of the Jets QB's have that unfortunately.

ftr, i'd like to see what McElroy can do, with some rushing support which would include Tebow. Sanchez needs a mental break and some pressure off.

17. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Just like Alex Smith.

18. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Why don't you justify your assertion that Tebow was not really the #2? He was. Your position is the one that flies in the face of the facts -- you should share what evidence you have for it.

19. VanderbiltJets

He WAS the #2. We both agree on that. But he's not anymore, and I'm saying that making next week's lineups based on Depth Charts from four weeks ago is misinformed at best, embarrassingly idiotic at worst.

20. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Yes, it would be like just like that. Good analogy.

My point is not "Ah! It cannot happen." My point is that it's not a rule that McElroy has to start because he happened to come in and lead the team for a win. There is no "it's the right thing to do" argument, because it's just as much a principle that a player doesn't lose his job to injury.

Whoever they think should start, should start -- Tebow's got just as much claim on it.

Seems a shame to waste a shot to take a look at the player, just because he was out with a rib injury during this game.