Fireman Ed quits

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PatPatriot, Nov 25, 2012.

1. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

He was a little kid, I mean seriously you're going to hold it against a grown man who he cheered for when he was 8 years old?

That said I was a little tired of his act, the whole "injured can't work" but I can stand on someones shoulders and fight giants fans kind of pissed me off, guy didn't look very disabled to me. I hate paying into BS disability claims for a guy to get PSL's and season tickets at the 40 at the new stadium. Firemen in NYC are notorious abusers of the system, most are out to pasture working in what should be volunteer areas by mid-30s, on disability by mid-40's and retired by early 50's or late 40's My Dad was a NYC fireman, spent 2 years on disability for his back (didn't hurt his golf game though). Died young or I'm sure he would've retired taking his early medical retirement package in his 40's like they all do.

#261 dr.velociraptor, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  2. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

I like the, "home of the Jets" chant better. They should just have a sing-a-long on all the jumbo trons. I think Ed probably should have sat out a week, made an excuse or something. He made this decision too quickly. He will miss it, i bet.

3. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I must have missed the Superbowl where we played the Dolphins.

4. Barcs

Barcs Banned

If anyone deserves it, fire fighters do. They do one of the riskiest jobs in America, bottom line. I have no problem with them retiring early or reaping benefits for saving people's lives at the expense of their own. They are heroes.

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I don't hate Ed ,,,I just think / know he is a Jerk there is a difference . Met him a few times,,,first time was at a draft party at the allstar cafe ( now espn zone I think ) it was the day they drafted Kyle Brady ,,,we are at the bar and myself an a few buddies are having a beer with Glenn Foley but I stray,,,,along comes the mascot,,,,he puts one arm behind my neck and does the same to my buddy,as if we are pals ,,and says " ya know I am not getting any younger , I can't do this for ever, one of these days I am going to have to ass the torch to one of you younger guys, somebody is going to have to step up " ! I am like the same age as Ed so this was comical in itself,,but he was dead serious and my buddies and I went back to talking to Glenn Foley ( who is a real good guy ) and talked about what a clown Ed was .

6. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Oh, now that is just unacceptable!!! How dare he do that!! What a jerk!!!! Fire Ed!!!! Ahhhhhh! :rofl:

7. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

IN MEMORIAM...

[​IMG]

8. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

So....he thought you were younger than you were? Sounds like a compliment to me, haha.

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

What I am saying is I met him a few times and yeah he is a jerk,,sorry if that upsets you but sometimes the truth hurts :beer:

What the guy should have done is had a beer with us or said how's it going guys , or bashed the Kyle Brady pick with us and talk about how we should have taken Sapp instead of acting like a cartoon character,,that's what I am saying.
    I always enjoyed him doing the chant and it will be missed but that does not change the fact that the guy is a jerk.

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jets1Zero,,,,,no hello?,,,,,no how's it going guys,,?,,,no what do u think of the pick?,,,,no how's it going Glenn we are pulling for you ( Foley) who was standing rite there?,,,,,first words outta his mouth are what I wrote,,",ya know I am not getting any younger",,,,,,,that is exactly how the conversation went, it was as if he was talking to himself,,,,,,as I said I have met him other times,,,you guys can continue to have your opinions of what a great guy he is ,,,,,and myself along with the people I was with that day and other days will have ours :beer:

11. Tommytunes

Tommytunes Banned

Sanchez- the jet killer!

12. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

At least we still have Captain Jet.

13. Tommy Gunnz

Tommy Gunnz Member

you sound like the jerk in this situation

14. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

So, we're 1-0 in the post-FED-era.

15. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

lol so you're mad he didnt stop and ask you how your day was going? who cares? nothing about your story makes him a "jerk". if you are going to make a case for him being a jerk, this story is a terrible case.

16. ScottFrost

ScottFrost Member

I heard he was at the game today and went off on whoever was sitting in the ESPN broadcast booth, on his way in...Good for you Ed, F those d**ch*b*gs...

17. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

.............. dutch bogs?

18. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Being a construction worker is about 100 times more dangerous than being a fireman, but whatever, I tend to not like anyone abusing the system and ripping off the tax-payer no matter what they do.

19. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

If anyone cares, I sit in 104 and Ed was with his brother in the upper part section of Section 106, the section next to me. He wore a gray hoodie with the hood up and dark sunglasses. Cheered like a normal fan. Ignored heckling.

20. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Anyone wanna chip to buy Ed a #14 jersey? I did miss him more than I thought I would, especially in the 4th while Greg mounted his historic comeback.