Jason Babin released, worth a look?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by MikeDevito, Nov 27, 2012.

1. vonbonds

vonbonds Member

He will go to Tampa or Atlanta. He is going to end up at a contender that has a 4-3 defense. He is too old and expensive for rebuilding teams to sign. He is going to go to a win now team.

2. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

He's obviously better than Pace, but that's not an apples to apples comparison. They play different positions.

3. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

Unless he can play quarterback, no thanks.

He's expensive and old and our season is over.

4. swifty1021

swifty1021 New Member

He plays a nine technique, our DE are more 5 technique. We have too many problems. I like our young Dline guys and they need the work.

5. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Some of you guys make me scratch my head....

When there's a traffic jam, and you are close to the exit, are you scared to go over the lines ?

This guy has the ability to play ANY DE/OLB on our D.
    Have any of you seen him play? Or better yet, are you watching Pace and Thomas?

You think Rex can't use a guy like this??
    Yea, I want Coples to get as many reps as he can but you guys are acting like Babin is on his last leg...
    He'll be a Situational PR but that's still better than Calvin and Cactus...

ESPN Video & Cimini Article

6. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Just don't see the Jets in on him. A 4-3 DE, and the Jets will be in full rebuild after the season.

Depending on the severity of Chandler Jones injury, I could see the Pats taking a flyer on him.

Better yet, have the Raiders claim him and cut Carter so the Pats could have him back.

7. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

It is widely believed Babin gave up on his team that are out of the playoffs and a mess... That sounds a lot like our situation right now. He also was a negative force in the locker room. Remember what happened last year when we had loud mouths in the locker room, and no leaders.

DL is the strong and young, and our defense requires a completely different player than Babin on the line. I am not sure if he has ever played OLB in a 3-4, I'm leaning towards he hasn't, but regardless do how well do you think he would play a new position AND defensive scheme change with 5 games remaining?

#47 JackBower, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  8. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

guys a beast but not what the jets need at all

are you guys seriously sitting there thinking, man if we only got babin everything would be ok?

9. Barcs

Barcs Banned

You wanna put money on that "full rebuild"? I bet you anything Sanchez, Rex, Woody all remain for the 2013 season. The only possible change is at GM, but I honestly don't see it. They will get one final season to prove themselves.

10. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Just been claimed by the Jags, looks like they are going all out to win the Jets game lol.

11. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

how much Babin destroys Sanchez in that game and the jags beat us because of him stripping Sanchez?

12. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

If I was Babin I wouldn't want to show up.

13. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

As a Pats fan, that would be fine by me.

BTW, I was wrong about one thing, the Pats passed on Babin. The only teams other than the Jags to put a claim in on Babin were the Bills and Redskins.

Supposedly after watching the film Monday, the Eagles coaching staff decided babin had basically quit on Sunday....

14. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

The whole team did. The Eagles are more of a joke than the Jets because they were the third odds on favorite to win the Super Bowl. At least most of the media said the Jets will suck this year.

15. Barcs

Barcs Banned

:lol: People always seem so sure of things. He's on the Jaguars now who are 2-9 with ZERO shot to make the playoffs.

16. Kevin Arnold

Kevin Arnold New Member

Babin also called out the fans in Philadelphia for yelling at him and Andy Reid a few weeks ago. It was a big deal in Philly. I think this is the ownership trying to change the teams image in the city. They have fired a lot of public relations people in the last month. They also got rid of Joe Banner who irked a lot of the fans. Their are a lot of reports that Jeff Lurie is tired of the Eagles always being considered arrogant and not caring about the fans.

17. Moonshine

Moonshine New Member

Jason Babin is the most overrated douchebag in the NFL.

He's the quintessential "stat guy". Seriously, he's Aaron Maybin and he's glorified to Adonis status.

10/10 times he'll run right past a RB carrying the ball just on the blind hope that it's some miracle play action. He can't drop back into coverage. He's all about stats and contracts.

There's a reason why he got cut from the second worst team in the NFL and signed with the worst team in the NFL. He doesn't give a shit.

18. Moonshine

Moonshine New Member

They've been making a lot of questionable player cuts. Although I like the Babin one.

Phillip Thomas was Mayock's fifth ranked S in the past draft I believe. He went undrafted due to character issues, played well in the Eagles preseason. Really could've started for this team, they're hurting bad at S. He got cut, allegedly for public image issues.

Brian Rolle filled in well for the terrible linebacking core last year. They need a weakside linebacker. He had a bad preseason. Got a few really costly penalties, and took to Twitter when he got benched. He got cut midway through the season.

They cut Jaiquan Jarett... I'm still not sure why. They said it was because he hasn't looked good in practice, but none of their safties have looked good period. If I had to guess he pissed somebody off. I've never seen him fuck up the same way Kurt Coleman does every game.

You have to wonder if they're not trying to get control of this locker room by cutting everybody who steps out of line, but I think that breeds distrust and apathy. Not to mention their two biggest issues on defense are their terrible safeties and WS linebackers. And they cut a second round safety, an immature but promising prospect, and one of their few bright spots at linebacker last season. WTF?