Fireman Ed quits

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PatPatriot, Nov 25, 2012.

1. amuck57

amuck57 Active Member

fireman ed is a real fan,the chant was classic and cool.
    your the fucking tool.

2. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

EZ there ...and fix you're spelling...:smile:

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Yea he was a real fan... if you take away that whole "grew up as a Dolphins fan" thing. The guy was a goon that gave Jets fans an even worse name than we already have. As long as the organization finds a way to keep the chant... good riddance Ed.

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Dont give a squirt a piss if he's there or not.

5. GangGreenTay

GangGreenTay Active Member

Pretty sure the absurd ammount of trash talking this team has done over the course of 3 seasons was the reason why Jets fans had a bad name

6. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

They already do that. It's pathetic, and no one pays attention. Ralph Machio, Kevin James, Ray Romano and some wrestling guy are recent examples.

7. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

as a giants fan i find it sad, too

8. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I have a great idea - how about the entire stadium focuses its efforts on distracting the OTHER TEAM when the Jets are on defense, and not just on 3rd down? Cheer the entire fucking time the other team has the ball, don't let them huddle up, get their play straight, and THEN start to cheer when they come to the line!!!!!

Fuck the Jets chant. I love it, it's the best chant in sports, but we don't need a cheerleader to do it. We're better off turning ourselves into a noisy stadium ala Seattle.

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

They have enough footage of the mascot,,,they can put his mug on the jumbotrons whenever they want and still have the crowd o the chant .

10. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

i love jets fans who hate fireman ed...its fuckin hillarious...the hatred simply comes from being jealous they arent the fan leading the chant and getting the attention.

it makes no sense to hate him what so ever.

well the gig is available so make your claim.

11. Sanchito6

Sanchito6 Member

I agree. It actually makes me quite sad. I've been a season ticket holder for 17 years with my dad. Since I was 5 years old I haven't missed a home game. I've been seeing Ed with the hat on nearly my whole life. Regardless if people don't like him for how he comes off, it doesn't matter. The guy was and is a staple to the Jet fanbase all over the world. I met him on many occasions and always thought he was a decent guy.

12. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Or, the fact that he was a publicity seeking former Dolphins fan. That might be it.

Instead of just leaving, he had to announce it. The tool wanted publicity.

13. Barcs

Barcs Banned

:beer:

I think this is the first time ever I agree with you 100%. No reason to hate Ed, whatsoever. He put his heart and soul into being a Jets fan.

14. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

You really don't think people wouldn't be questioning him when he shows up at games without the hat and doesn't lead the chant especially the media seeking him out. Which is probably what happened because they showed him a few times Thursday night without the fireman hat.

I agree. He led the chant for several years before the media picked up on it.
    I don't know him and cannot see the reason for any hate.

That being said I went to several games at Shea stadium where the chant was being started "behind home plate" with no Jumbo tron or Fireman Ed and could quickly grow to a good portion of the stadium.

15. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Yea i dont really understand the hate. The dolphins background is a little disturbing but he grew up and has been rooting for the Jets for a long time so I can't hate on him.

16. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Maybe you're right. From reading all the negativity in this forums, other websites & in the paper it's really hard to believe how a fan who led some cheers/chants can be so vilified. Now I kinda feel bad for him. With this much hate, it must have been a lot of drama during/after the games from drunk Jet fans looking to vent.

17. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Changing teams at 10 years old is no biggie. At ten years old I think we should be around grade 4. There's kids that age that still believe in Santa Claus.

Plus, this is the JETS. Not the Niners, Steelers, Cowboys, Pats. What kind of bandwagon fan would want to hitch up with this team? Anybody following this organization for so long deserves credit for the loyalty and is a real Jets fan.

18. lennox

lennox New Member

What do you guys think about another fan taking over for Ed? NY Jetman?

19. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

Im taking over. You'll see me Sunday at the game in a horse head mask

#259 Pereiro16, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  20. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

LOL at people thinking anyone hates Ed because they are jealous. I go to every game too, I have no desire to be put on a big screen, I have no desire to be a public figure that everyone craps on. I hate the guy because he's a phony. He's a Dolphins fan. He was alive for the team's only SB win and he was rooting for the Dolphins during it.