Jet fans- Not our finest moment

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Bill Belichdouche, Nov 27, 2012.

1. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

pot, meet kettle

I think the kids watching would learned important lesson. Don't be a disappointing loser cause no one like losers

2. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

I wonder if Woody is happy with his media attention now?

3. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I understand the fuss over this. I didn't hear anything like the sort of stuff that is hurled at soccer players over here - absolutely nothing like it. It just sounded like a bunch of disappointed fans lashing out. I was shouting at the TV myself.

Now, I wouldn't have yelled at the players personally, but what was really said? 'You suck', 'garbage' etc. That's all true. The worst quarter in the history of the Jets deserved to provoke a reaction. One of the worst quarters in the history of the game deserved to provoke a reaction. And the most embarrassing play I've ever seen from a Jets quarterback deserved to provoke a reaction.

Fans behave much worse than this at the Ryder Cup. Colin Montgomerie was spat on by fans - now that's disgusting.

4. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Again - Not one mention of the players families or personal lives. Every comment I heard was directed to their performance on the field.

5. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Well, that is the business we're in, after all.

6. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

If you spend thousands of dollars every year to be a fan of this team or any team I would say it's pretty pathetic.

7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Agreed 100%

8. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I edited that out, guess I didn't do it soon enough. Nah, the kids will learn not to follow a sports team because people take them entirely too seriously. It's discouraging future fans or causing them to root for the Giants. Like I said, as a fan you signed up for this, especially with a team with the history of the Jets. You can't expect your team to win every year. Yelling obscenities at the players like a butt hurt baby does nothing to fix the issues on the team.

#128 Barcs, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  9. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Nothing the fans can do does anything to fix the issues on the team - it's the helplessness of the fan that causes emotions to boil over like this.

If the Jets had scored 35 points in the second quarter they'd expect to go off to resounding cheers, yes?

10. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

This team AND those fans reacting that poorly to our struggles are an embarrasment. Look, It hurts to my core to watch my team suck like this, I almost have to numb myself to the experience of watching them play this bad. I could not even watch the whole Thanksgiving game, we were that pathetic. Terrible decisions, terrible execution, espn lets me know everyday how bad this team is. I still can't condone that though; anyone going to Jets game knows how bad we can be and knew a beatdown was a possibility.

I know jets fans aren't known for their class but damn, we are reaching new lows on all fronts here.

Well, its a thin line between love and hate...and we are seeing the proof to that right here...

11. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

I am not defending the language they used. As players, they signed up for the heckling. I mean, do you heckle at opposing teams players? Are you ashamed to be a fan of the JETS because they yell at the Dolphins when they come to town?

Why can't we expect to win every year? George Steinbrenner did. Only with a losers mentality do you consider second place winning. And this whole winning every year, most of the fan base hasn't seen the team win even ONCE.

And you want to talk about children being at the games, I am not sure what world you live in - but they experience a lot worse in SCHOOL.

12. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Maybe Woody should request a London game for next season, This way we can embarress ourselves in a diffrent country

13. Barcs

Barcs Banned

There's a big difference between heckling and taking it to a personal level and insulting the person's character when he's 10 feet away from you. It's one thing to do it to an opposing team, but to your own players? That's weak. Nobody was forced to become a fan of the Jets. They knew full well based on their history that there might be disappointment. If you can't handle the disappointment, that's on you, not the players, coaches, or whoever else. Controlling your emotions in life is something that many folks can't do. If you can't handle your own emotions, don't be a fan, that's all I'm saying.

Don't even try to compare baseball to football. Baseball isn't a team sport, it's an individual sport, you don't coordinate 11 players to work toward the same play at the time time. One guy hits, one guy catches, and Steinbrenner wins because he spends ridiculous money on players. If the Jets could do that they'd win a superbowl often as well, but football is limited by salary caps and you can't just buy out all the competition the next year. Baseball salary caps are a joke.

I'm talking about young children, not teenagers. If your child experiences slandering like that in school I'd be very surprised.

#133 Barcs, Nov 29, 2012
  14. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

not OUR finest moment? I'm sorry, but I believe it wasn't THE PLAYERS finest moment.

You play at that level of shit on national TV in a horrid season while collecting millions of dollars and yeah, you are going to get heckled.

EDIT: based on people's reactions perhaps something really offensive was said that i missed...all i heard was YOU SUCK and TEBOW SAVE US. The rest seemed like run of the mill heckling to me.

#134 TurkJetFan, Nov 29, 2012
  15. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Apparently Rex Ryan does. Remember, he said this year's team was his best ever? He promised and failed to deliver. The fans are responding.

16. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

no you can't expect to win every year...but there is losing, and there is this. this is a headline priority driven team, that is not prepared, and is severely mismanaged and coached...jets fans have seen losing...

but really, there is losing and there is this crap. not only do we watch our team shit the bed weekly but we are (thanks to woody) the joke of the NFL on so many levels.

and win every year? when is the last time this team actually WON anything? and don't tell me 2009 and 2010 bc last time i checked we didn't get a single trophy or banner those years. I'll tell you when....2002, 10 years ago. The last time this team won the division only to get bounced by the Raiders in the Divisional round. 2002. The last time the Jets were Champs of anything.

17. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

If I paid several hundred dollars to treat my family on a holiday, only to see the likes of ass fumble, I would be doing a lot more than just yelling at that garbage they call Jets.

18. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

WOW!!! You really are that guy who thinks everyone deserves a trophy, even if they finish last, just for showing up, aren't you?

Either that or you teach sensitivity training.

19. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

They deserved much more ridicule than they got.

20. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Didn't Rex tell some fans last season to F off and give them the finger? You reap what you sow Rex.