Tebow didn't do jack this week -- Haters, thanks for stopping by Tebowmania

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Bannon, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Me neither.

2. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Some of his passing game is ok, but the running game ? Whomever designed the plays needs to go find a freaking high school coach to teach him some more advanced concepts. Once he's gotten the hang of those, he can think about learning from a college or NFL coach. Seriously, the blocking schemes are that damned bad.

3. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

What a shame, that's suppose to be Tony S' strong suit.

Has no clue how to run an offense, let alone use Tebow effectively.

4. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Agreed. Sparano is horrible. Look at the dude in SF. Don't know who Harbaugh's OC is, but that guy is earning his money.

5. phaytal

phaytal New Member

He was Harbaugh's offensive coordinator at Stanford, and Jim brought him with when he accepted the 9ers job.

6. Demosthenes9

Hey, we absolutely agree on something :)

7. Demosthenes9

Not sure who's responsible for the play design and blocking schemes for SF's running game, whether it's Roman, Drevno and/or Solari, but they've done a hell of a job.

8. Awesomo 3000

Awesomo 3000 Banned

On an unrelated note...

Wow. I lost about 20 posts from that thread that disappeared. I guess that now I get a new 100th post, so it's not all bad...

9. JetsDfc

JetsDfc New Member

Yeah I was confused about that was well was the site rolled back or was just That thread deleted?

10. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

Someone's reasoning made no sense. They needed to wipe the slate clean again cause someone looked bad.

11. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

That's not going to happen. You can't take an offense that Tom Brady ran for 10+ years and hand it over to Tebow, even if he has some time to transition. Brady's strengths (accuracy, ability to read defenses and anticipate when guys will come open) are Tebow's biggest weaknesses. You would need to completely change your offensive philosophy to transition from Brady to Tebow.

I don't have anything against the guy, but my guess is that by the time Brady retires (probably anywhere from four to six years from now), Tebow will be out of the NFL.

12. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Or poised to come back to the NFL after a stint in the CFL like Doug Flutie.

13. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

They would pronounce his name as "Tee-boo" up there.

14. Awesomo 3000

Awesomo 3000 Banned

I never thought for a second that Tebow would just transition into Brady's offense and start humming along.

The Patriots, more than most teams, have shown an abilty to adapt to the talent at hand. Just a few years ago, tight ends for the Pats were practically a non-factor. Now... the offense is centered around them.

Also... Josh McDaniels' stint as a head coach was such a visible fail that he may be an offensive coordinator for quite a while. He's the one who drafted Tebow, and he certainly has the vision to be able to use him right.

So, yeah... If Tebow sat for a few years, or did spot duty at other positions, he could come back fresh, and work in an offense that would be very suited to him.

15. Awesomo 3000

Awesomo 3000 Banned

Another one bites the dust...

He must've been acting assholeishy. :)

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Actually he was breaking the forum rules. Again. This was his second offense for disrespecting moderator authority, which is a permaban.

You guys can either fall in line and debate Tebow all you want or you can get out of line, challenge the moderaters and get booted. It's really simple. Every member of this forum has to follow the rules. You guys are no different in that regard.

17. Demosthenes9

LTJF,

As you mods take an active part in discussions here, when not acting in a "mod capacity", shouldn't you be subject to the same kinds of things that other posters are open to?

I mean, if a mod says something extremely silly, something that has nothing to do with their "mod" duties, aren't they fair game for the same kind of treatement that any other poster would receive ?

To be clear, I'm not talking about questioning mod authority, or arguing when a mod says "Back off, that's over the line", or anything like that. Everyone would agree that this kind of thing is off limits/out of bounds.

But when mods actively join discussions, haven't they effectively "taken their mod hat off" ?

18. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

Tony's contract is 3 yrs/500k. That's not good enough for a decent OC of major college programs. You get what you paid for.

19. Demosthenes9

Good point :)

20. danangmarine68

danangmarine68 New Member

Very well thought out question Demos. It brings to mind our judicial system where a judge will remove him/her self from the bench whenever a hint of bias is detected. It doesn't matter what the replacement judge's personal opinions are as long as that judge shows the professionalism of his/her position to take an un-biased position over the procedings at hand.

SF