QB Options Not On Roster

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Oct 29, 2012.

1. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

Trade for Flynn.

2. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Ignorant or Stupid...

So which are you?

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/eitheror.html

3. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

LMAO at those who would take Kolb or Matt Flynn.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

You're question is not at all analogous to mine, ftr. And it shoud be obvious that most Tebots don't really know, because they are not part of fact based reality, what happened last year in Denver. Some perhaps do know what happened and don't care becuase they love Tebow for reasons that are not really about football. But most are into the fantasy that Tebow singlehandedly, or more accurately with Divine intervention, changed the team's prospects out there.

But seriously, I doubt anyone who knows what happened in Denver last year would have said what you said unless what really happened is not of concern given some other agenda you have.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Brees #1 pick in 2nd round, Dalton #3, Kaepernick #4, Kolb #4. That's ALL the guys taken at the top of the 2nd round at QB since 2000.

The other guys: Quincy Carter, Marques Tuiasosopo, Kellen Clemens, Tarvaris Jackson, John Beck, Drew Stanton, Brian Brohm, Chad Henne, Pat White, Jimmy Clausen, Brock Osweiler.

If you're past pick 36 and you're eyeing a QB just look away and get a good player at another position. QB is so important that there is almost no chance that the other 31 GM's blew it and let a good one escape past the early 2nd round. The teams most desperate for improved play have had 2 picks by then and they're definitely not happy with their QB because they're losing games week in and week out.

Along about the 6th round you can start taking shots again secure in the knowledge that if you hit on a 6th round QB the value will greatly outweigh the pick spent.

6. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Kyle Orton sounds reasonable. Someone of that nature. Cheap, knows they are a placeholder, can take a sack without fumbling. It would be a low investment on our part not losing any key draft picks and/or only typing up a little money.

7. Br4d

The idea of bringing in Kyle Orton to start with Tim Tebow on the roster looking over his shoulder again is making me giggle big time.

I think the Jets options next year at QB are just very limited. Probably the best guy for the job that is likely to be available is Sanchez and just the thought of that makes me shiver.

8. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

You don't think we ship Tebow out this offseason? I think we will. And yes, Sanchez is probably the most likely option.

9. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

You never answered my question.

10. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Apparently we were working out a quarterback today.

11. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

probably just media overplaying some shit. there ain't a qb worth working out available at this point in the season.

12. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Actually, many of us know exactly what happened in Denver last year. Orton continued his award winning ways of shitting the bed, to the point that he made Sanchez look like a freaking Maestro at QB.

No, Orton didn't have a Butt fumble, but he did manage to strip sack himself with no real pressure around.

[YOUTUBE]FhR4p6fFZBk[/YOUTUBE]

So, what's your excuse for Orton going 4-14 over his previous 18 starts, or 6-22 over his previous 28 starts ?? Gonna love to hear this one.

13. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Alex Smith is my guy. I've been on this guy for years - even when people said he was crap, I knew he was a solid NFL quarterback, which is exactly what he is. He's actually UNDERRATED because people think he's just good because of the defense. The thing is, the guy does not make mistakes. And it isn't just the past 2 years. He was decent in the two years before that with really no offensive talent around him.

Last 4 years - 62 TD, 32 INT - not sure I need to even go on, but do you really think Mark Sanchez would have those numbers on the Niners the last 4 years? Last 2 years, he's been even better - 30 TD, 10 INT!

Sure, he's always had Vernon Davis and Frank Gore, two damn good players, but his WRs have always been mediocre. Even this year, Michael Crabtree is just not that good.

Alex Smith is the perfect Jets QB as long as we can get the defense back to an elite level. The guy just doesn't make mistakes and was having a career year this year before his unwarranted benching (I like Kaepernick a lot and his upside is clearly higher but I wouldn't stuck with Smith the rest of this year.) The dude has a 70% completion % with 8 ypa, by far a career high.

14. Br4d

Alex Smith has thrown fewer passes this year than any other starting QB. He threw 217 passes in 9 starts. That's about 24 a game or in other words the number of passes that you let a guy throw when you know he's a liability not a strength.

If the Jets go get him and make a commitment to him they will set the team back at least 3 years in the process.

He's a bad QB.

15. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

We can replace the Tebow fans with PETA picketers.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

16. Big Blocker

Ftr I think either the Jets get rid of Tebow this off season or they will show, by keeping him, that they have no hold whatsoever on reality.

17. Br4d

I hope that you're right on this, the getting rid of Tebow part that is. The worry I have right now is that in a cap-screwed environment Tebow may be the only way the Jets can stay on the back pages next season.

Desperate people do desperate things.

18. Big Blocker

Keeping Tebow would I suppose serve at least one purpose. It would make clear that the whole idea of having him here is based on marketing and not football.

Of course we kind of already know that, so there really is no purpose as far as football is concerned.

19. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

Alex smith is a product of Harbaugh and the system that SF runs. He has so many weapons, great Oline, a spectacular run game and still is not a threat to takeover game. He's the perfect example of a qb playing to the level of his supporting cast. A marginal QB and with low ceiling

20. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

How about spend some real money without cap implication to hire a real OC and QB coach? That's much cheaper than trade and screw up again.