Fireman Ed quits

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PatPatriot, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

This team has much bigger problems than
    worrying about whether some guy wearing a fireman's
    helmet comes to our games anymore.

2. Chutzpah

Chutzpah Active Member

the way i read it he'll continue to come to games, just with out the fireman helmet, and (i presume) less of the attention whoring

3. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

When I saw him Thursday night with the 6 jersey instead of the 42, I said WTF. My wife and I laughed because we couldn't believe anybody but his mom would wear a 6 jersey.

Fireman Ed wants attention, and he is getting it.

Is he going back to being a dolphin fan?

4. jaybny

jaybny Banned

no matter how bad it is.. its no longer SOJ.. this is new, this is different. Jets are playing a meaningful game in December. AGAIN! thats like 4 or 5 years in a row, I think.

Do you guys remember the fake spike game? We went something like 3-33 after that game. thats SOJ. these jets still have a shot at playoffs.

5. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Sanchez defenders need to realize that once he retires from the NFL he will be doing exclusive commercials for Western Union. He literally doesn't have a cell phone, he telegraphs friends and relatives. Consistency is a virtue.

6. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Some of you really need to put things in better perspective. I am a die hard Jets fan and have been for 46 years, the last 32 as a STH. While we all suffer with this team, you have to put this all in perspective. It is a game and it is entertainment. The players are people with families. For fans to spew such unabashed hatred towards a player is ridiculous. For fans to get in fights over who they think should be the QB is absurd.

The same thing was going on 5 years ago with Pennington. People wearing Pennington jerseys were getting in fights at the stadium because some fans hated him.

Get a life.

7. The Swamp

The Swamp New Member

This is all Sanchez's fault, and I'm serious.

8. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

He's been wearing the 6 jersey since opening day.. EDIT

9. Corrado Sparano

Corrado Sparano New Member

Fighting over professional sports
    I mean really...

if you gotta abuse someone why not abuse people who aren't on our side
    even jets fans hate jets fans - crazy

10. Jet Rider

Jet Rider New Member

Wow this sucks...

I hope he changes his mind

11. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Once I saw that Sanchez jersey on him after the butt fumble I knew he was going to get harassed.

12. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

no more Firefighter Eddy :(

13. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Are you serious? I would hate to sit in the same section with that clown. Actually I would hate to sit in a section with anyone wearing a Sanchez jersey. You should have complained to security and had him thrown out. :) He reminds me of the idiots at Shea Stadium during Mets games who used to run around trying to get everyone to do the wave. Or the morons who casually stroll in front of you while you're trying to watch the game. Soooo annoying.

14. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

This here is example of why a lot of Jets fans are idiots. So fucking what he was wearing a Sanchez jersey. He is on the team and there nothing wrong with him supporting a player on his team. People really need to get a life dumb assess.

15. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

You're right, but all teams have morons, just not the Jets and losing makes it even worse.

Alcohol plays a big factor in the actions of some at all football games.

16. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

football fans, sports fans in general are filled w/ morons. I include myself in that, why do we care about watching others do what we cannot? but we love it, watch it, spend money, etc... so we are all a bit moronic.

17. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I guess it's how someone defines a moron.

A moron has no regard for another person and lacks the lack of intelligence to understand they are disrupting other's fan experience at a football game.

I'm a fanatic, I root for my team and respect other's in a public venue, that's the difference.

Even if you don't like Fireman Ed, which I can understand, it doesn't give any (Moron) the right to attack him at a Jet game.

18. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

This is on the mark. I refuse to wear a Jets jersey to buffalo or Pittsburgh anymore. There is always more than one drunk asshole looking to start a fight, sometimes before you even get in the stadium. It's not worth the hassle.

19. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I've been to Cleveland, Cincy, Miami, Pittsburgh, Indy, Buffalo and Pittsburgh to see Jet games and only was given shit in Cleveland by a drunk.

I have a Wife, two Kids and a great job and I'm not going to kick a guy's ass for being verbally abusive. My employer wouldn't be too happy if I was in jail for fighting.

I'll let the drunk, unemployed assholes go to jail where they belong.

20. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Really? No problems in Pittsburgh or Buffalo? I'm surprised. Cleveland fans were brutal, I can attest to that, but maybe I shouldn't have been tailgating in their famed "Muni Lot", haha.