Tebow didn't do jack this week -- Haters, thanks for stopping by Tebowmania

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Bannon, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

You didn't watch the 2010 Broncos, they were worse.

2. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

First, he'd have to be relevant on the field before he can get the blame. He hadn't done jack shit all year.

3. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

And he won't until he gets on the field for more than one snap at a time.

But Sanchez gives the Jets the best chance to lodge their faces into their own players' asses, so he will continue to start.

4. TTTTebowAndTheJets

LOVE your avatar choice there

5. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Wish this forum allowed gifs as avatars.

6. The Swamp

The Swamp New Member

LAWL. Tebow didn't even play in that Pats game. Where's your excuse now? Exactly. Thanks for playing! :breakdance:

7. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

It was Tebow being substituted in for Sanchez on the previous play which ruined his rhythm and caused the assfumble.

Oh wait...

8. NYJetsfan56

NYJetsfan56 Member

Was watching the Panthers game...and I don't understand why Sparano doesn't use Tebow near the goal line. Cam Newton makes it look easy.

9. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the mysterious world that is the NY Jets and Tony Sparano.

It IS easy. It's actually a variation of a tried, true and tested NFL play package called Power O. Unbalanced line, pulling guard or tackles(s), a lead blocker out of the backfield and the ball carrier. Only difference is that when it's run with Tebow or Cam, the offense gains an additional advantage in numbers.

10. TTTTebowAndTheJets

This is what leads me to believe SparanOhNo is a dult who has no idea what the heck he's doing.

11. Bannon

Bannon New Member

The dull quiet of despair has settled in over Jets fans. The Pats game, where Tebow didn't play, took away the last shred of excuse they had to hold onto. It had it all -- a choke interception in the red zone, the butt fumble, the anemic offense and the 35 point quarter.

It was one of those signature games of an era. It's a sad feeling settling in.

12. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

lol @ you talking about despair in Jets fans. How ironic

13. Concerned_Citizen

Sad part is, Sanchez really DOES give them the best chance to win.

Sorry, the Jets just aren't suitable to Tebow's style and have fewer weapons on offense than even Denver had when he was here.

If I were a Tebowner, I'd be rooting hard for him NOT to play. Nothing but embarrassment can come from the next 5 games in his already sinking career. Best to get a fresh start... again... next year. MAYBE he can beat Gabbert out in camp and get the start from the getgo so Tebow fans can get over THAT excuse.

14. Awesomo 3000

Awesomo 3000 Banned

Sanchez doesn't give them any better chance to win than Orton did for the Broncos last year. If his last game didn't prove it, then nothing will.

The Jets aren't any less suitable to Tebow than the Broncos were, either. If anything, they might be slightly more so. At least they have a recent history of a good run game, and strong defense. It may be possible to get some of that back, although the circus act around the Jets makes it seem unlikely.

I really am rooting for him not to play. This jets team and coaching staff has fail written all over it. I figure that best case scenario is that Tebow goes to the Patriots, sits for a few years, and then comes back when Brady retires/goes down. 49ers would be another good option, but the quarterbacks there aren't established enough to avoid another qb controversy. And until Jacksonville figures out whether it actually wants to move or not, it doesn't seem like a good option for any quarterback who wants some long term stability.

15. Concerned_Citizen

A lot of people keep using that fatally flawed logic. Whenever someone says, "Sanchez gives the best chance to win," one of you chimes in and says, "well, he loses, so he in fact doesn't give the best chance to win."

Nobody is saying Sanchez gives a good chance. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give Sanchez a 2. Tebow, I'd give a 1. (Being generous.) Don't know much about the third stringer, but coaching staff has him at #3, so we'll call it 1B. NONE of those offer a "good" chance, but a 2 gives you a better chance than a 1, so Rex sticks with Sanchez. A 2 gives the best chance when the other two are 1s. it's not a compliment to Sanchez at all. He's the best of a shitty core. Denver purged all 3 after last year that had all 1s.

Not this year. In fact, from some of the threads Ive been reading, Jets fans appear split on that idea that they have a better team around Tebow than what the Broncos had. The consensus seems to be that there is no o-line. No receivers. No running game.

For that read option to work at all, Tebow is going to need a workhorse RB as well like the Broncos had last year, or teams will just key in on him and it will be three and out hell all over again.

Exactly. He can only fail this year and further tarnish what is left of his career. I don't see a team going all in on Tebow either, which is what he REALLY is going to need to succeed.

16. Awesomo 3000

Awesomo 3000 Banned

It isn't "fatally flawed logic" at all. I don't just say this because they're losing games. I say it because Sanchez is actively losing games for his team.
    When your starting quarterback continues to do this, I don't care who the backup is, you bench the starter and give the next guy up a shot. It's not like Sanchez is some prolific quarterback who happens to be in a funk. He's gotten steadily worse in the last couple years, and looks mentally broken.

That was the same consensus about the Broncos last year, save Brandon Lloyd, who happened to be traded before Tebow even started games for them. Not only that, but the Broncos had been a bottom feeder team for almost exactly 2 years. The only reason I think the Jets might be slightly better is because they at least have had fairly recent success with the run game and defense.

17. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

Because Cam's on the field and gets to make those choices... He can call his number. Where as Tebow isn't. I dont get why you guys dont get it... they dont trust tebow. never have and never will. The Jets portion of Teebs career will be 1-2 years of little to no consequence. I doubt he gets another shot.

18. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

dude its been like this since 69'. just worse with tebow's rotting corpse stinking up the joint.

19. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

If blaming Tebow makes you feel better, then just keep doing it. I think it's crazy though.

20. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I don't see the irony.