Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

So Matt Barkley is dropping on alot of boards...What do you all do if he ends up being available where we pick at in 2013?

I think Geno goes first...I dont think i can stomach another USC QB

2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Does anyone believe our football coaching staff can develop a QB after watching the way Sanchez has been handled? If we don't revamp the coaching staff I wouldn't draft a QB.

3. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Sanchez was not the main problem on Thursday but he is the first problem that should be fixed. Wood has to eat that contract. Sanchez must go before the draft.

4. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

The INT happened when most QB's probably would have taken a 7-0 lead against the worst pass defense in the league. Our guy let them off the hook and took all the wind out of his own team.

Even after the Vareen play, 14-0 is still a football game ... BUT you need your "franchise QB" to lead a drive and stabilize the game with some points. What did our guy give us? ... an embarrassing booper reel fumble for the ages and a 21-0 hole. Game over. Rout on. Doesn't even matter what anyone else did after that.

The guy just isn't a leader or a winning player. Just watch him. Listen to him. He doesn't look or sound like any winning QB I've ever seen. To me he always sounds like a confidence-empty kid looking for approval. Not tough ... not decisive ... not a leader of men. You can't win with him, unless you drag him over the finish line.

Take a look at Kaepernick play. Look how he carries himself. That's what a winner looks like. You can spot it immediately.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

you can use the crutch of rankings all you want but open your eyes and watch. That D is playing MUCH better than they were earlier in the year- ask Andrew Luck.

he's not a winning player? this is the first year he's been under .500, he's heloped us reach 2 title games winning 4 road playoff games in the process.

He sucks right now, he has regressed but he's a winning player and a QB we know we can win big w/ if we have the right pieces around him.

Kaepernick did very little yesterday against a truly bad defense. Give mark 14 pts and have a GREAT D behind him and let's see what happens.

6. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Banned

Epicycles and deferents

7. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Tanny gave him that undeserved contract in the first place. If anybody goes this year it's Tanny. Hopefully we can find a GM that believes in Rex. Rex & Sanchez both get one more year, though, probably Tanny as well unfortunately. They aren't going to overhaul right before we host the superbowl in our stadium.

8. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

INDEED! :up:

EDIT: For the record, I'm not one of these guys who's been bashing Sanchez for years. I was hopeful that given the chance, he could develop into a decent NFL QB. He had his chance. It hasn't happened, and it never will. He is who he is, and it's time to move on.

#3028 truthbtold, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  9. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Most of all Tanny has to go. The team can not afford another bad draft on his watch.

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

if tanny goes rex goes with him...

what gm would you expect to bring in here and have him accept a guy like rex ryan as his coach?

i mean really who the fuck would sign up for that?

11. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Just to clear something up with Sanchez supporters......

Most of us that are bashing on Sanchez and talking about just how bad a QB he is AGREE with you all that he's NOT THE ONLY PROBLEM.

YES, there's a lack of talent around him.
    YES, the receiving corps has issues.
    YES, the Oline has issues.
    YES, the running game sucks.
    YES, coaching is entirely questionable at all levels.

With all that, the bad receivers, the bad coaching, the bad Oline, we have been in position to score numerous times, only to have Sanchez make boneheaded decisions or poor performance that have proved costly.

Take the Seattle game for instance. Even with all the problems above, we were inside the 10 with a chance to score. Sanchez was indecisive, held the ball too long, and then, extremely late, threw an ill advised pass that was picked off.

Against the Pats in this last game, again, down near the red zone, an ill advised pass that gets picked off, denying us the opportunity to score first.

Sure, the defense turned around and gave up a long drive that put us down 7. And Greene's fumble on 4th and 1, coupled with the defensive breakdown on the following play didn't help, but even then, it's still only down 2 TDs. Instead of driving down for a score of our own, Sanchez's butt fumble handed the Pats another TD that put the game out of reach.

Then there was the Texans game where we were in it right up until the end. Down by 6, just under 2 mins to play, we had the ball at our 32 yard line. Sanchez gets picked off to effectively end the game. "Oh, but Cumberland should have made that catch", some would argue, others will point out that the ball was too high and out of Cumberland's reach. That all Mark had to do was put the ball on target, instead of forcing Cumberland to jump for it.

No one here is saying that if we had a better QB, we'd be contending for the SB. Far from it. What we are saying though is that if we had a better QB, even with all the other problems we have on this team, we'd still be in the hunt for the playoffs instead of sitting here at 4 - 7. We could very well be 7-4, and talking about how if we only had some weapons and better coaching, we could actually be 8-3 or 9-2.

So it's not that we are oblivious to, or ignoring the many other problems that our team has. Rather, it's that we realize that even with all the other problems, with better play at the QB position we'd be a lot better off, and that yes, Sanchez is a huge part of the problem.

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Sanchez isn't having a great season, huh? Thanks. Good to know.

13. june19

june19 Active Member

that correct,rex and tanny have to go in order for this team to change,no more excuses let them go,oh and take sanchez with you,we dont need him.bye sancho! you bum!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

14. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

I read some of this, then realized you could have easily just said Sanchez is terrible in one sentence.

15. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I don't know why people keep saying this. There's plenty of GMs out there that would probably love Rex working for them. Yes GMs usually like to hire all their own staff, but that doesn't mean always. Again, people think Rex is the problem, but that's not even close to it. It's lack of talent. I'd bet Rex is here next year, new GM or not.

16. Demosthenes9

One could easily make the case that this team lacks discipline and sucks when it comes to fundamentals and execution. That is on the HC. These are some of the hallmarks of a "player's coach" who doesn't hold tightly on the reins.

17. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

I wouldnt want Barkley (personally).

If we're going to draft a QB, I'd look into 2014, where guys like Tyler Bray (if he doesnt come out this year), Derek Carr (one of the more polished college QBs), Teddy Bridgewater ( impressive dual threat Sophomore), and Logan Thomas (who I hope gets back on track) will be available. All have been very impressive early on and should be high selections.

Here's a YouTube video of each if you're curious:

Tyler Bray:
    [YOUTUBE]wV_QB_IcElU[/YOUTUBE]

Logan Thomas (one of his most impressive games vs Miami last season):
    [YOUTUBE]gEsoBW8DZJg[/YOUTUBE]

Derek Carr:
    [YOUTUBE]_ecXmHzF0hI[/YOUTUBE]

Teddy Bridgewater:
    [YOUTUBE]8bQ_uMplUEY[/YOUTUBE]

#3037 JohnnyThaJet, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  18. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I honestly don't think half the starting QBs in the league would do any better on this team than Sanchez has done. How did Sanchez help lead us to 11-5 (plus 2 playoff wins on the road) in 2010? He did it in the past, when we had a better oline, better WRs and a much better running game. People seem to quickly forget that we've been without keller for a large part of the year and Holmes as well. The only current WRs that have more than a year experience with Sanchez is Kerley. That alone speaks volumes. Throw a top ten QB on our team and yeah, it'll make a difference but QBs like that are hard to find. Anyone else would have similar struggles with the personnel we have and the injuries we've dealt with.

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Would be nice to see how that kid Manziel turns out

20. Demosthenes9

The injury to Holmes didn't cause that Int against Seattle. That was due to Mark Sanchez being indecisive and making a poor decision. Nor did injuries have anything to do with Sanchez going the wrong way, then running up and strip sacking himself on Moore's ass.

We can go through a bunch of plays this year that had nothing to do with lack of protection, lack of weapons, or poor coaching. Bad, costly plays that were all the result of Sanchez's inability to play the position of QB at an acceptable level.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.