Tebow is questionable for the game

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Diddy, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Awesomo 3000

Awesomo 3000 Banned

My broken ankle was alot easier to deal with than my broken rib. The rib thing healed faster, but hurt alot more any time I moved.

If Tebow played on a broken leg, though, he'd probably be just slightly tougher than me, with shrugging off injuries. :)

Whether he was hiding the injury or not, though, the coaching staff was pretty incompetent in how they handled the whole thing. There's no good reason not to activate your 3rd qb when your backup is almost unplayable.

2. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Do I really have to spell it out for you?

Okay, here goes...

Statement #1:
    Statement #2:
    See, that's what we call a "contradiction."

Statement #3
    Give it a rest. If anyone else flatly contradicted themselves like that and then attempted to qualify their statements like you did, but did it in defense of Tebow, you'd be the first one rolling your eyes.

When it comes to Tebow, your capacity for reasoned discourse is every bit as flawed as the Tebow fanatics you take such pleasure in taunting.

#42 catsigater, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  3. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Again, I think the circumstances were quite different in this situation. Tebow was signed two weeks after Stanton was promised he was the sure number 2, and was guaranteed a shot if Sanchez floundered.

Demanding a trade after what you were promised was thrown out the window two weeks later is very reasonable to me.

I think it has a lot to do with performance as well. If a #2 steps in and performs amazingly, I think that he has earned the right to start elsewhere. Tebow has done no such thing in New York thus far.

4. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

lol this is pure comedy

Trying to make a guy look like an ass for saying backups don't get to demand trades by bringing up a player who only was able to do so because of the hype surrounding the subject of your idolatry

Gotta love it. Unfortunately for Tebow there is no other Tebow that can throw a wrench into what is usually the norm.

Also unfortunate he can't just take the typical route of QBs who are trapped behind other QBs and want a starting job...you know, actually play better and impress the coaching staff

5. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Please show me where I've idolized Tebow. I admire him, but I've not once said he should be the starter, or gone off the deep end arguing his merits. I'm waaaay more in the center of things concerning Tebow than phaytal is.

Backups do sometimes demand trades (like here, and here), especially backups who've been demoted. Sometimes, they even do it on Twitter

Get a clue.

6. Awesomo 3000

Awesomo 3000 Banned

You mean... like... demanding a trade.... right.....?

7. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

To where?

Nobody else seems to want him to start for their team either.... AND HE KNOWS IT!!! Might account for his deflated demeanor in the last couple of weeks, if the article that came out about some of his teammates saying he was horrible didn't do it.

8. Concerned_Citizen

Yeah, that would make too much sense. Tebow should be a special case. Coaches that see him throw (every fucking day) are supposed to ignore that, and stake their reputations on a kid that they have seen time and time again not execute in practice.

9. Awesomo 3000

Awesomo 3000 Banned

Let's walk through this again, since we're obviously not on the same page...

It's official. Second stringers don't demand trades.

But wait!! It turns out there are times when second stringers get to demand trades.

Apparently, backups are promised playing time if the starter craps the bed. Who'dathunkit?

This right here's the punchline. Apparently, when Stanton gets stuck behind a crappy qb who can't play (Tebow), it's perfectly reasonable to demand a trade.

When Tebow gets stuck behind a crappy qb who can't play (Sanchez), he needs to suck it up and "play better".

But I thought that was when he was supposed to ask for a trade/release...?

This "nobody else" business is crap. It doesn't matter if another team would want him as a starter or not. He's stuck behind a crap qb that Rex absolutely will not bench. He should ask for a release, right?

I guarantee that if Tebow was out there, a team would pick him up near instantly. Whether for "starting" or not is irrelevant.

Stanton isn't starting anywhere? Does that mean it was wrong for him to demand a trade, now?

10. catsigater

catsigater New Member

I wouldn't be too sure about that.

11. Concerned_Citizen

Well, only 2 teams made any real offer to get Tebow a few months ago, and that was for a used jock strap in trade. He certainly hasn't done anything to raise his stock.

So if it is indeed crap, then who are these teams out there that just can't wait to add Tebow to their roster? Yeah, Jacksonville might want the spotlight for marketing reasons, but I don't think they provide a big enough "platform" for Tebow do do... whatever it was he wanted to do outside of the field.

So who are these teams getting ready to line up for the bidding war to sign Tebow when he becomes available?

12. Awesomo 3000

Awesomo 3000 Banned

I am, but it's still just... like... my opinion, man. It doesn't affect the argument one way or the other, but I strongly believe that if Tebow was dumped today, or in the next couple weeks, a team would pick him up right away. During the offseason, who knows. Teams have more time to deliberate n stuff. But he'd be on a team somewhere, for sure. (Not fact. Just my opinion :))

[​IMG]

#52 Awesomo 3000, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  13. Awesomo 3000

Awesomo 3000 Banned

You should comment on the meat of the post, instead of trying to pick on what is clearly just my opinion :) I'm not gonna try to convince anybody on that point. It's just what I believe.

14. Concerned_Citizen

Well then, sure, he should be able to ask for a release then. I wouldn't have a problem with it at all.

You seem to think he doesn't start because of some idea that Rex is standing by his boy no matter what. ...and it has to be for reasons OTHER than Tebow simply blowing chunks as a QB. I think he has seen both the others in action and isnt impressed, and THAT is why Sanchez is starting.

15. Awesomo 3000

Awesomo 3000 Banned

At this point, a pet rock would make a better quarterback than Sanchez.

It throws less interceptions.

It's calm in the face of pressure.

It keeps its cool.

It's probably better at handoffs.

It can't fumble because it's always down by contact.

Any quarterback sitting behind this [guy] should have had a chance to start by now. I don't care if it's Jamarcus freakin Russel.

16. Concerned_Citizen

You might have sold me on that one until you mentioned Off-the-markus Russell being possibly better than Sanchez. on what planet?

Considering the talent around Sanchez, you can take this to the bank. You CAN do MUCH worse than Sanchez. The whole offense has issues. I think Sanchez is being made the scapegoat here. They don't have much of a receiver corps. Little running game. A swiss cheese offensive line.... few would thrive under that circumstance.

#56 Concerned_Citizen, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  17. Awesomo 3000

Awesomo 3000 Banned

That line was just to point out that any any any backup quarterback behind Sanchez should've been given a shot by now.

Even if people want to blame Sanchez's mistakes on the rest of the offense, the bottom line is that, whether it's his fault or not, he's mentally toast, and has become just short of worthless at the position. Maybe a couple years ago he showed promise, but the last couple years have clearly taken a toll.

I mean... what kind of quarterback panics on a broken play, with no pressure, and runs with his eyes closed into his own lineman'ss ass and fumbles for a touchdown? And then, just lays down face first crying about it while the other team runs for the endzone?

So yeah. Even the jawalrus should start over Sanchez. Not because the Walrus is any good at all, but because Sanchez has become that awful.