Fireman Ed quits

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PatPatriot, Nov 25, 2012.

1. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

Our scumbag fan base strikes again. Never cared for Fireman Ed that much but sad to see him get ran out by members of the same fan base we share. I resent this fan base more than I do the team, for the most part.

2. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

On point #1, the answer is NO. It's too easy. I was born into being a Jets fan. I was playing pop warner at age 7. I was way locked into to my Jets fandom by age 10. It would have been easy to switch teams when I was young. I have a ton of fans and friends that have, and/or continue to switch teams they root for. Fuck them and Ed.

On point #2: Yes.........he should have gone elsewhere.

3. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

I'm ok with Ed, don't get all the disrespect thrown his way. Guess it's the classless retards that show up at the games now. Would hate to see him go...but I have a solution so we can keep the chant and make sure no one person gets ownership over leading it.

Jets should have a contest handpicking the 8 best fans....then each contest winner gets to lead the chant for one home game each. Then we vote on the best of those 8 to lead the chant in th playoffs.

All have to be season tix holders...of course.

4. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Oh, he's a pussy. Wahhhh........I'm practically a celebrity but the other Jets fans are mean to me. I used to root for another team, but I'm famous rooting for this one now.

Stay home and cheer if you are butthurt. Don't make it a public spectacle unless that's what you are seeking.

5. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

This is really fucked up. It sounds like people were just hurling abuse at the guy. Nice thug atmosphere at the game, assholes.

I have many great memories of doing the Jets chant while blowing out the Vikings, Dolphins, and Raiders.

This sucks.

6. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Some guy on twitter just said that it wouldn't shock him if woody invited a celebrity to lead the chant every game

What a fucking joke that'd be.

7. Combustible Rextible

Would not shock me either. Woody loves publicity.

8. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I really don't get any of this anti Fireman Ed venom. What exactly is the fucking problem? All the guy did was support his team year after year, and try to get the crowd pumped up. As far as I know, in all the years he sat on the railing he was never involved in any bullshit.

God, I hate drunken morons! If getting drunk is so goddamn important in your life, go watch the game at a bar, or stay the fuck home and have your buddies funnel vodka into your ass.

9. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Fireman Ed? What happened to the guys at Shea who sat in the upper deck to the left of the end zone that started the chant? Ed was not at Shea or at least I don't remember him being there.

10. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Not even The fact that this team hasn't even had a god damn Super Bowl APPEARANCE in over 43 years can justify the rabid fan base and their behavior towards this guy. All he did was support his team, and it's shitty quarterback by wearing his jersey through thick and thin.

You couldn't pay me to wear a mark sanchez jersey. Never even thought of it. Not even after we drafted him.

11. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Fans are jealous of other fans who get attention, sadly it's really that simple most of the time. I mean at times Ed has become a bit of a caricature but still.

12. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

Not sure if that was them at Shea. We sat in field level down in left field. But when we moved to the Meadowlands, we sat in 134 with Ed and his brother and they always wore Klecko and Salaam.

13. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Fireman Ed finally had enough and to save his health he made the right choice in quitting.

14. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

No it was definitely not them at Shea. I sat in the upper deck quite a bit and remember that entire section and the guys who would start the chant. I'm probably just confused about what jerseys they wore if they even did wear one. So freaking long ago. :eek:hmy:

I sat in those field level left field side seats a few times but I really hated sitting there. Couldn't see anything. My favorite place to sit at Shea was front row upper deck box.

15. Drew

Drew Active Member

Cause this is nothing more than bullshit. He'll be back in his regular role at the SD game. Book it.

16. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Especially if we're 7-7 by that game.

I think sometimes, we all need a break from a bad product.

17. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Our fans are such dicks. Thanks Fireman Ed.

18. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

Superfans are dumb.

Freddy Sez was dumb. Cowbell man is dumb. License plate guy is dumb. Fireman Ed is dumb.

Just be a fan, don't be a loser who needs to draw attention to yourself for how much you're a fan of the team.

19. dankingfish13

dankingfish13 Member

I want to throw cowbell man of the top deck.

20. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Am I the only person who thinks this is a self promotion to get folks to "beg" him to come back because we all need Fireman Ed!