QB Options Not On Roster

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Oct 29, 2012.

1. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Vick, Lewis, Big Ben have all shown a lack of morals and I wouldn't want any of them on the Jets. They are talented players & Lewis & Big Ben are HOF players. However, I've seen other teams put together SB championships without rapists & people who hide murderers & would like to follow their example.

Between Vick, Lewis, Big Ben the argument on who was more immoral would come down to which athlete's actions triggered your most personal emotion.

On a STUPIDITY level though, Vick stands alone. He didn't just have one moment/night of immorality, he stretched his act for much longer. Vick displayed the intelligence of a moron for a pretty damn long time with no breaks of sanity. He never woke up looked in the mirror & thought to himself ... "Maybe I'm being a dumb fuck & should snap out of it & quit this act". I'm viewing Vick as somebody so stupid that he lowers the entire IQ of an organization. He's the last person I'd want to see under a coach like Rex who gives his players freedom.

#221 ajax, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  2. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Only in American can a man be hated more for killing PITBULLS - who harm more humans than any other dog - more-so than a rapist of fellow humans.

Cue the "someone has to teach the dogs their violence!!!" nonsense.

3. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I'm sure if he was out killing dogs that have attacked children noone would hate him.

He raised and trained his dogs to fight other dogs and when they can't fight so good he killed them in sadistic fashion. That's a little different, eh.

BTW, the point you are trying to make and example are fucking stupid.

If you had said Vick was raised thinking that this stuff was okay, and didn't know any better, you might have made a decent point.

4. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Alex Smith, NYJ QB ???

If Kapernick continues to kick-ass, Harbaugh will likely do what is right by Smith (while still getting some draft picks) because he was a QB, too.

He will definitely want Smith traded to an AFC team.

I can see this happening if the 49'ers will accept a #2 and a next-year #3.

5. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

I would have no problem with Alex Smith as our QB, doubt it works cap-wise.

6. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Sweet. Let's go from a QB who has been bottom third in the league (Sanchez) for his career to a QB that has been bottom third in the league (Smith) for even longer.

Also, let's continue to trade draft picks for shitty players. Awesome idea.

7. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

shit, guess my "Revis and 2 num 1's for Alex Smith" thread was a bad idea

8. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

Who is he supposed to throw to? What running backs are going to carry the weight for the team?

9. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Alex Smith needs playmakers for him to look decent. If they think about bringing in Smith then they might as well keep Sanchez as a starter.

10. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

Alex Smith has played much better football the last two years. He has thrown 13 TDs to only 5 INTs this year; last year, he had 17 TDs and 5 INTs. Not prolific perhaps, but certainly better than Sanchez at the moment. Though I do agree that he wouldn't be enough to turn the Jets around; more of a game manager who can win with a good team around him.

11. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

thats mostly the problem with sanchez. no good team around him. it would be more of the same unless other areas are fixed.

12. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

He is a product of harbaughs system

Translation: he'd be a disaster on the jets.

13. NFL

NFL Active Member

I would rather bring in Romo.

14. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Sanchez got to 2 AFCCG's as a game manager with a solid team around him. Specifically, a running game and a defense. We don't need a game manager. We need a game changer at the QB position.

Smith is so great, not even a full year after making the NFCCG, they are already benching him. NO. NO. NO.

15. RevisIsland10

RevisIsland10 Member

Alex smith is def, NOT the answer.

16. laxin

laxin Active Member

Fuck no. I wouldnt trade draft picks for him, this team needs to rebuild, not trade away premium picks for a mediocre QB thats only mediocre because he has a great coach, the best OL in the league and great weapons.

Fuck that.

17. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

Isn't Smith's contract only for one year? He should be a free agent this off season.

18. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

Think about this: what could Jim Harbaugh do to Sanchez, if Jim is the HC? Can he turn Sanchez into a better QB?

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

To the OP: why do you think that Harbaugh replaced Smith with Kaepernick after Smith's last start before the injury was 18 for 19 for 232 yards, 3 TD's and no Int's?

Why do you think Harbaugh has chosen to replace Smith with Kaepernick when Smith currently has a 70% completion percentage for the season and a 104 QB rating?

Harbaugh knows a good QB when he sees one and he knows Alex Smith is not a good QB, just a product of the system he plays in and the talent that surrounds him.

Edited to remove my mini-stroke rant from last night. Apologies.

#239 Br4d, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  20. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Of course he could

And you'd best bet that Clyde Gates, Chaz Schilens, Lex Hillard, and Konrad Reuland definitely wouldn't be playing along side him.