Fireman Ed quits

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PatPatriot, Nov 25, 2012.

1. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

On Thanksgiving night, I left the Jets game before halftime. This was the second time in a row I left before there were four zeroes on the clock. We have had much worse teams than this and I never left before. I pride myself in that, because I am not a quitter.

I decided to leave Thursday because the confrontations with other Jets fans have become more common, even though most Jets fans are fantastic.

This is an indication of how society has lost and is continuing to lose respect for one another. The stadium has become divided because of the quarterback controversy as well. The fact that I chose to wear a Mark Sanchez jersey this year and that fans think I am on the payroll — which is an outright lie — have made these confrontations more frequent. Whether it’s in the stands, the bathroom or the parking lot, these confrontations are happening on a consistent basis.

Although I can “hold my own,” I do not want to lose my temper and make a stupid mistake. I have a responsibility to the families and kids that enjoy the game and Fireman Ed.

I have enjoyed my time in chanting the greatest chant in all of sports. I have enjoyed meeting all the wonderful Jets fans around the world and look forward to the day we all can raise the Lombardi Trophy as one and celebrate a world championship down the Canyon of Heroes!

I will always love the Jets because they are in my heart, and I will attend games as usual, just not as Fireman Ed. God bless and, as always, let’s go Jets!

http://www.metro.us/newyork/sports/...t-column-fireman-ed-steps-away-but-not-as-fan

2. Bannon

Bannon New Member

That's sad. He's right about a decline in civility. But he's also kind of being a baby about it, doing a "noisy exit."

I would have just retired without taking a shot on the way out the door.

3. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

M-i-a-m-i.

4. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

well damn. jets suck so bad it makes fireman ed quit his persona.

5. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Sorry if I find this a little hard to believe. He is being harassed by other Jets fans because of a Sanchez jersey?? Please...

6. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

So people DO read the Metro?

7. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Well, that's the end of the chant. Or at least it should be.

He was a tool, but I fuckin loved that chant.

8. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

This is reason enough for Woody to fire Tannenbaum.

But seriously, this is a shame. The Monday Night football commercial last year was awesome.

9. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Have you not seen the posters of this board or held a covo in the streets of nyc with a Jets fan? Between the people who hate him for his inability to be an NFL QB and those who hate him simply because they are racist, the anti Mark Sanchez crowd has truly become borderline aggressive.

10. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

This is Rock Bottom for this franchise. But when angry fans get drunk, shit will always go down.

11. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

They simply can't keep doing the chant. Without him, it would be forced and just plain stupid.

I can remember going to games with my dad as a kid, and everyone at the stadium was into it. Every jet fan in that stadium was apart of it. What the fuck has this world become.

12. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

I never had a problem with Ed. At least he gets the crowd into it. One problem is too many season ticket holders have dumped their tickets on the secondary market. Those seats have been grabbed-up by opposing fans. Too many opposing fans in our building. We are the only NFL fans who get beat-up at our home games.

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

so we need a new mascot?

i knew the tebow trade was bad news. maybe metlife can take a page fron tgg and put all the tebow fans in their own section.

14. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

[YOUTUBE]kxQOGDQA5Hc[/YOUTUBE]
    Fireman Ed@0:33

Thanks for everything, Ed.

15. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

He was getting into it on his twitter page with other people, including a rife with Kris Jenkins.

16. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

yeah I mean I get it...normally I'm still fully invested even if we're well on our way to a 4 win season but this year I just don't really care. The shit that goes on with this particular team is just too much.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This is the Tebow phenomenon in full view. It happened in Denver last year with a split fan base also. The Broncos surrendered to it for the season and then moved heaven and earth to get Tebow out of town after the year. The Jets would be wise to follow their lead on the second part.

I really have no issue with Tebow as a person but he is tremendously polarizing without even trying to be. Sanchez has added a huge amount of fuel to that fire by not dealing well with the presence of a backup with more celebrity than him. Again, I have nothing against Sanchez as a person but I wish he wasn't trying to be the win on every play because it has turned him into the loss too often this season.

One of the huge curses hanging over the Jets right now is two celebrity QB's without the basic skills of the average starting QB in the NFL. That is just killing us. The fans taking sides is just silly, neither of these guys is going to do more than preside over a flaming crash at this point given the talent level on the team. Fighting on the deck of a burning ship just gets you burned.

18. A1 Jet Fuel

A1 Jet Fuel New Member

Even as a Patriot fan, I'm sorry to see him go. Let's hope he changes his mind.

19. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

It just seems like that the team plays better on the road because of the hostility of the crowd.

20. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

That's what Satan does, Turn brothers against each other....

Tebow is the fukin devil!

That said, can't take the heat? GTFO!
    All of these fake ass fans running when shit gets bad...screw all of you.
    I'm sick of people quitting when we suck ..but if it trims the fat so be it

Just don't comeback front runners!