IND 9-5, CIN 8-6, PIT 7-7, Jets 6-7... Playoffs!?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

I disagree, I don't think we're a bad team, we're just not a good one. We beat the Rams on the road who tied the 49ers in San Fran who beat the living shit out of us and the Bears. Also rember we could be 5-5 if Stephen Hill didn't drop the fucking football. We're about as good as everybody else that's not the Texans (who we played close).

We have a very Solid defense that's been making play and, despite what people say, I think Sparano has done a pretty decent job running an offense with an average QB, no #1 receiver and a "meh" comittee of runningbacks

2. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

root for detroit today so Houston is forced to play out and won't rest vs Indy in week 17

3. BrooklynBoy89

BrooklynBoy89 New Member

Refs really helped the Texans win that game. Two COMPLETELY BLOWN calls go in favor of the Texans. First the punt that hit the Texans guy and should have given the ball to Detroit in Houston territory. And then the obvious missed call on the TD. Really will be upset if things play out that the last week of the season is important to us. I know we don't control our own fate for reasons that only we have to blame, but come on Refs. If the replacement refs were still around they would be getting killed over these calls.

4. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Here you go I fixed it for you. To the only scenario where IF we did make it to the post season we would have a chance of winning.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I do recall in 09 trying to figure out at week 12 how the jets would make the playoffs. It took so many tries on playoff machines to figure out what needed to happen and no like from week 12 to week 17 everything broke right. Looking back its amazing we made it in 09.

Just to remind you in 09 this was where we were at this point.....

The “Elite:” Saints (10-0), Colts (10-0), Vikings (9-1), Bengals (7-3), Cowboys (7-3), Cardinals(7-3), Chargers (7-3), and Patriots (7-3);

Broncos (6-4), Steelers (6-4), Jaguars (6-4) Dolphins (5-5) Ravens (5-5), Texans (5-5), Jets (4-6), Titans (4-6)

Yeah that was 6 teams above us for the wildcards, what made it more dificult was that a lot of these teams played each other so wins were guarenteed to happen.

I like our chances this year compared to 09, in 09 it was a miracle honestly that all those teams ended up 8-8.

6. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

Haha all the optimists. It's over.

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

close thread.

8. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Well, there's no margin of error now, that's all I'll say.

On to 9-7.

9. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

The Sunshiner POV should be amusing after this game.

I want the Jets to win every year. I keep hoping against hope, but once again it's over. Nothing good to say about the season.

10. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

Well, THIS thread is now totally meaningless......

11. Tommy Gunnz

Tommy Gunnz Member

we SHOULD lose to NE they are the better team. We can definitely go 9-7 with our remaining schedule and have a shot. No margin for error but it isn't impossible...

12. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Can we please shut the fuck up about the playoffs now?

13. ArmandJ

If we are still 'in the hunt' after this week's games play out, I'd say keep this thread open. I've seen stranger things happen.

14. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

You're a martyr.

15. ArmandJ

I'm just trying. Though, losing to the Patriots like that took a lot of wind from my sails.

16. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Season's done, enough of this nonsense. Tank, look forward to the draft and call it a year.

17. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

Look guys, this loss looks so much worse than it should because of the fact that it was on thanksgiving against our rivals, and we literally put on a circus act. I mean that play by Sanchez sliding into Moore's ass will be the cmon man of the year.

With that said, I don't think anyone on this board should have expected us to beat the Patriots, even though they didn't have Gronk. They are the better team, and even if we played well, it would have been asking a lot to beat them.

Now look at our remaining schedule, none of those teams are even remotely as good offensively as the Patriots. When you play the patriots, you have NO margin for error, there is margin for error against the teams that we play. With that said, there is no margin for error in terms of results. We have to win out. I believe that we should beat all the remaining teams on our schedule because they are all average/mediocre like us, but there is no margin for error in terms of results.

We have to win out and go 9-7. That would give us a 9-7 record with a 7-5 conference record. You can't know for sure, but I would assume that record would get us a playoff spot. Now, its quite possible that two teams go 10-6, and there is really nothing the Jets can do about that. However, if this team wins out, and its quite possible with an incredibly weak schedule, the Jets should make the playoffs.

18. ArmandJ

I honestly wasn't surprised that we lost like that. I'm surprised we lost in the manner that we did. If we played a close game (like the first time) that would have given me a LOT more hope. As it stands, it's going to take a lot of other teams losing for us to have a shot.

19. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

We also got blown out by Seattle, Miami and San Francisco. The season didn't exactly end after getting demolished in those games. A big loss is just more embarrassing. We know what will happen if we turn the ball over against the Patriots(last night) and we know what will happen if we don't turn the ball over and get off the field on third down against them(game @ NE this year, and the other wins we have had against them in the past five or so years). Last night didn't tell us anything we didn't know. We know what happens when we turn the ball over against them, they pile on the points and humiliate us.

Maybe playing well would have given everyone confidence, but thats really all. We play the Pats at least twice a year, nothing shocked was really learned from last night's game. It was just embarrassing, thats all. It happens. Its time to regroup because we have five very winnable games remaining to try to sneak into the playoffs.

20. ArmandJ

I hope you're right. I really do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.